News Details
- Last Online: 12 minutes ago
- Gender: Female
- Location:
- Contribution Points: 23,623 LV30
- Birthday: January 24
- Roles: VIP
- Join Date: October 21, 2017
- Awards Received:
65
197
14
1
1
1
1
1
3
2
News
K-Drama
Editorials
65
197
14
1
1
1
1
1
3
2
While I like the long, messy hair for some actors, this wasn't the case this time...
I hope you find more to enjoy :)
Despite its strong and promising beginning and some very engaging arcs (especially Bok I Na's school life and romance), somewhere in the middle it lost its spark as it relied mainly on the different timelines and an endless back and forth.
And, call me shallow but I have to say it: they did Jang Ki Yong dirty by giving him this awful and very distracting haircut!
Don't miss it!
In fact, it turned out to be more of a melodrama, with many forced over-dramatic scenes which, unfortunately, weren't the ones on the ring, as they were expected to be.
Asahina Aya and her admirable bravery to pick this role for her movie leading debut was the only saving grace.
With Kim Hae Sook and Shin Min Ah playing the leading roles and a mellow, soothing cinematography, even though the plot was simple, it was full of heart and motherly love - and some great cooking scenes.
A heartfelt journey of grieving, healing, making amends, character development and second chances in life.
Fantastic acting from child actress Yang En You and Zhu Yi Long, with an incredible bonding and chemistry.
Highly recommended!
Maybe you can find more by visiting the support forum.
But, I have to admit that I found 8th floor one of the most intriguing and best acted persona!
Focused mainly on the graphic depiction of the participants' struggles and mentality rather than their character development and background stories, with some difficult to ignore plot-holes and a lukewarm ending, it was saved by its high production value and exquisite cinematography, as well as the exemplary acting of some of the leads.
Even though I found the comedy elements a bit off sometimes, and Lee Je Hoon overacting and trying too hard from time to time, it was an enjoyable watch with its great bromance and camaraderie being the strongest elements.
The scenes with the original Park Young Han, Choi Bool Am, were the most touching and a clever and valuable addition!
Recommended for arthouse cinema lovers.
The competent cast and the impressive camerawork make up for what is lacking in terms of plot and originality, but I have to admit that the best advantage of this movie and what made it entertaining is Kim Nam Gil and his psycho character!
Though the cast and the production team did a great job, the storytelling could have been more engaging and less confusing, and the characters better fleshed out.
Entertaining but not standing out.