Emiri Yoshii (Emi Takei) begins work at a general trading company. Due to her family's failure in business, she had to give up her dream of earning a MBA in America. Now, she hopes to become an executive of a company. Emiri is sent to the general affairs department at the trading company. She freaks out when she learns that lower level employees have to wear uniforms and she has to deal with everything from changing light bulbs to ordering business cards. Nonetheless, she works hard to pay off her family's debt.
Emiri then finds herself in the crosshair of coworkers. Senior female employees are perturbed that she doesn't drink coffee with them and skips their gatherings.
Meanwhile, the male employees like working with her, but only when they need an attractive women for matters like entertaining clients. The male employees do not give her serious work.
Emiri, who appears popular among the male employees, soon becomes an outcast among the senior female employees. She becomes fed up with her situation and takes action.
Cast & Credits
This dorama started off with SO much potential. It really felt like it was gunna fight for 'pro-working-women' like Mother Game did last season but oh boy, oh boy, it fell completely flat.
In the whole 9 episodes I feel:
- Nothing changed within the work force
- There was no character development
- All the characters start and end exactly in the same place
- I'm not sure what message this drama was trying to give us
It just... I seriously cannot say anything good about this... I even feel the actors weren't doing their best!
Did I miss something that made this drama amazing, or am I right in my experience with this?
Because, the story is typical japanese !
People who like "Ijime" stories will really like it ! I think that women can more enjoy it than men because it's full of stereotypes of woman in Japanese society.
- I gave 7/10 for the story because it's a "Dejà vu". So, nothing new here. But, it's still interesting to keep you in front your screen.
- 8/10 for acting because the actors were really good, especially Takei Emi and Inamori Izumi.
- 8/10 for the music, it was nice.
- 8/10 for Rewatch Value because, in the futur, if I get an occasion I will rewatch it with pleasure :)
I think that people are too harsh with this drama.
I really enjoyed it !
Give it a chance and try it !