A follow-up to Chen’s 2014 psychological thriller 'The Great Hypnotist,' 'Battle Of Memories' tells the story of a famous novelist who recovers from a painful divorce by having a decade of his memory wiped. But when he tries to recover the lost memories, he finds himself in the mind of a serial killer. Edit Translation
- Bahasa Indonesia
Cast & Credits
(I watched this movie a few nights ago and this is my first review so it might be a bit rusty! I apologise if it isn't very helpful.......)
- Story: The sci fi/futuristic elements of this movie are great. Once the crime/mystery is revealed, it twists and can get quite confusing (that's why I liked it!). The ending wraps it quite well and although there are some things left open, I don't think they were necessary to answer.
- Characters: The 'good' guys are relatively likeable, but this movie goes in all sorts of directions so you will feel a lot of things. And as for character development, it was decent for the leads.
- Acting: Some of the best I've seen. Emotion is expressed really well particularly at the extremes.
- Music: Goes well with each scene, although not very memorable but it worked with the emotion.
- Visuals: I'm all for wonderful CG and special effects, and this movie did it very well.
NOT SO GOOD:
- Story: Uncomfortable and disturbing during some scenes (as mentioned in the TWs!). The pacing felt a bit off and rushed towards the end. Storyline might be a bit predictable... especially if you're a fan of the genre like me!
- Characters: As mentioned, watching the definite bad guys doing the things they do..... ....was uncomfortable.... but necessary for the story...
REWATCH: I don't tend to rewatch anything I've seen once unless I loved it, and because of the disturbing scenes it is very unlikely that I'll be watching this again.
OVERALL: 8/10. Enjoyable for most of it. But please don't watch this if you feel like you might get triggered!
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I haven't seen the prequel to this movie! Yet it seemed to act fine on it's own, so I don't think you need to see it if you haven't