A story revolving around a dangerous drug ring and an undercover agent who works from the inside in an effort to take it down.
A package containing methamphetamine shatters the once peaceful life of an average white collar worker named Dou Dou. The sender is Dou Dou's ex-boyfriend Jin Yuan who ran from their wedding seven years ago. Dou Dou changes course en route to the police station and decides to confront Jin Yuan. Detective Qiao Liang has been keeping tabs on Jin Yuan for his suspected involvement with the crime syndicate that range from drug trafficking to money laundering. Unwilling to let go of her ex, Dou Dou takes it upon herself to help Jin Yuan turn over a new leaf, oblivious to his real identity as an undercover cop.
Cast & Credits
My overall reaction is its a very good drama. what i liked about it is (though it is about the couple meeting after a 7 year breakup- cliched though it seems the reason is believable atleast) the story is about a drug mafia is told in a refreshing manner and at good pace, and the chemistry between the leads is very good. Thankfully there are no scheming second man/ woman waiting to snatch the lead couple. I find that too tiresome. The villain in the story is the situations and choices made.
I liked it for the following reasons
1. There is a good message in the story about how harmful drugs can be without being preachy
2. The female lead is not pitiful damsel but spunky, bold and naive. The lead couple never give up on each other . You need to watch about 24 + episodes as the story is slowly unraveled.
3. Cast is awesome Pan Zhi Lin as Dou dou carries her role of a spunky smartmouth with great aplomb and her headstands are awesome. Her eyes and face convey a lot without speaking and Chemistry is great between Luo jin and her- Luo Jin conveys his love and angst in a very subdued manner and his facial expressions are quite good. All the other characters such as the Mafia Don Cai Bing Kun -have played their roles very well.
4. The college days romance is quite lively with nice memorable scenes eg: headstands . -and also the aftermath of their wedding - how Duo Duo tries to get close to Luo Jin is cute. Duo Duos interaction and her witty repartee's with the Drug Don Uncle Cai Bing is really enjyoable.
5. The friendship and concern the police man (second lead) has for Duo Duo is very interesting without it being diluted into infatuation and love. The time they share on the beach etc is told nicely without becoming cheesy
6. The island and picturisation of the locations - camera work i mean is quite good.
There are some loopholes such as the careless and rash actions of the lead couple and police in front of dangerous mafiaso - but this doesnt put you off. (the intelligent handling and use of technology etc in the fight against drug mafia is a bit lacking).
just my wild guess (spoiler alert :) On the whole I definitely liked it and i think there should / could be a second season - just so i can see more of the lead couple.