It's the story of South Korea’s first trial by jury in 2008. It follows the case of a son brutally murdering his mother, with all factors seeming to point to a guilty ruling. However, the trial does not go as smoothly as expected. The eighth juror, young entrepreneur Kwon Nam Woo questions the defendant’s self-declaration of guilt. As a result, Kim Joon Gyum the presiding judge, calls for a new debate to establish a guilty or not guilty verdict. The jury consists of 8 ordinary people with different ages and personality, but, after they become jurors, they seek out the truth of the case. (Source: Soompi, MyDramaList) Edit Translation
- Bahasa Indonesia
Cast & Credits
- Park Hyung ShikKwon Nam Woo [Juror 8]Main Role
- Jo Soo HyangOh Soo Jung [Juror.7 / Job seeker]Main Role
- Jo Han ChulChoi Yeong Jae [Juror.5 / Chief secretary of a large corporation]Main Role
- Seo Jung YeonByun Sang Mi [Juror.4 / Housewife]Main Role
- Kim Mi KyungYang Choon Ok [Juror.2 / Nursing home caretaker]Main Role
"when in doubt, think of the defendant's interests"
There was also a meaningful message about what the law is for, who it's for. It's not to punish but to set a standard for those who may be wrongly accused. The writer carefully intertwined that message from the start until the case was over at the end, never losing track of what the goal was.
Even though this film was Crime/Law genre it’s loaded with all the feels that make you realise you are human. I don’t want to say more than that because no amount of words can suffice how wonderful this film is. You have to feel it for yourself.
If you need more convincing, here are 5 more reasons why you should watch this movie:
1) Great cast
2) Park Hyung Sik is in it and he did an incredible job portraying the role of Juror 8. Seriously, loved his character and I want to protect him from everything bad.
3) Watch it for the story. It’s so simple yet so intriguing. It’s going to make you root for characters and cheer them while they try their best to make the right decision.
4) Beautifully written.
5) Even though the theme revolves around a murder case I will still categories it as a feel-good movie.
Honestly, please do yourself a favour and watch it.