Five Missions

Kumaxell
Ai Mili (Xiao Ai) didn't start off as a character I would love, but once she accomplished the mission of "Be Herself," she was quite lovable from there on and became a character I could totally root for. I especially enjoyed the interactions between her and her high school buddy Dou Ru (Dofuru). During her most annoyingly no-self respect state, their friendly bickering was what kept me going. They never failed to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Sometimes, a girl just need a BFF like Dofuru who kicks her in the butt to get her moving forward. She and Dofuru was basically on high cuteness alert after she said "Farewell" to her tumor of boyfriend. BTW, I thought the breakup scene was well done. It demonstrated how much she had grown as a person.

Aviis Zhong's strong performance gave life to Xiao Ai. I can empathize with her reluctance, her disappointment, her regret. I can also laugh with her at her goofs, be proud of her accomplishments, and share the joy of her reunions. The transition from doormat Xiao Ai to confident Xiao Ai was one that worth rewatching anytime.