The 74th NHK Asadora Drama is Junjo Kirari, which means something along the lines of "pure-hearted Kirari." The story is set in Okazaki City, Aichi Prefecture in the era around the Second World War. When the story opens in 1928, the heroine, Sakurako, is a very active seven-year-old girl. Indeed, even in the first episode she exhibits her confidence and enthusiasm. But above all else, Sakurako is interested in becoming a jazz pianist, and music features extensively in the plot.
Cast & Credits
- Miyazaki AoiArimori Sakurako (heroine, age 15)Main Role
- Nishijima HidetoshiSuji Togo (artist)Support Role
- Muroi ShigeruArimori Iso (aunt on father's side)Support Role
- Tokui YuuNoyama Yoichi (clerk)Support Role
- Fukushi SeijiMatsui TatsuhikoSupport Role
- Toda KeikoMatsui Kane (proprietress)Support Role
That's pretty much what this drama is about, preserving through those tough times. I would be lying if I said it was an easy watch, but overall I went through it all. I am not one of those people that watch pointless shows.
How can I sell this drama, well if you like Miyazaki Aoi and her amazing acting, music, and characters preserving through hard times, then you will probably enjoy this drama.