Sung Han-mo. He is a sole barber in Hyoja-dong, where the President lives. A rigged election by rounding off brings him a son (He gets married to Kyung-ja by forcing her that she has to give a birth to a baby over 5 months like rounding off.) 4.19 revolution restores his belief that a barber was originally the same with a doctor in the ancient time. After a military government is founded by 5.16 coup d'etat, the decree of hair cutting is announced and Hanmo’s barber shop is packed with customers.
One day, an unidentified person appears at the shop and Hanmo happens to catch a spy from North Korea. This happening makes him appointed as the President's barber. Hanmo finally makes his way in life as the 'First' barber in Korea.s.
Cast & Credits
- Song Kang-ho once again impresses with his natural and groundreaking act. Every other actor gets to perform very well.
- The film has a perfect blend of comedy and drama. While the former does make you laugh, the latter too makes you emotional and moved at times.
- The editing is very neat as the film never bores at all.
- The cinematography is excellent in certain sequences.
- The story is very well written and the satire is praiseworthy.
THE PRESIDENT'S BARBER does justice to what its leading man Song Kang-ho is capable of. It's an important film which needs to be seen!