As the chairman of a successful technology company, Lu Sen often finds himself in large group settings. While he has no problem addressing any number of people, he has incredible difficulty with any sort of direct, physical contact. Suffering from a strange allergy which is only triggered by direct skin-to-skin contact, something as simple as a handshake could prove deadly. Without the ability to directly come into contact with others, Lu Sen is intrigued when he learns a doctor by the name of Fu Yang has created an incredibly lifelike robot companion dubbed “Friday”. Willing to invest further in Dr. Fu Yang’s work, Lu Sen has requested Friday be delivered to his home so he can test out the full capabilities of this incredible creation. Though agreeing to Lu Sen’s request, the doctor is mortified when a last-minute technical issue renders his robot useless. Unable to bear the thought of losing both his credibility and his funding, he asks his former assistant, Yang Shan Shan, to take the robot’s place, just long enough for him to get it up and to run again. Being the real-life model for the robot’s looks, Shan Shan is identical to the robot in every way and only agrees to the doctor’s request when she realizes she really has no other choice. Arriving at Lu Sen’s home on “Friday”, Shan Shan does her best to emulate the robot’s behavior... (Source: Viki) Edit Translation
Cast & Credits
Overall, Mostly Same Plot to the Original but There are Some Noticeable DifferencesI loved the original and this remake. Watching this remake gave me the same feelings I had when watching, "I'm Not a Robot". I like them both to be honest, but despite the same plot, each has their own spin to it. Some of it I liked in the original while there were other things that I found I liked in the remake more than the original.
I'm making note on what's different from the original and the remake. Feel free to skip this part, but if you're interested, have a look at it. It does contain spoilers, so you've been warned.
What's different from the original
* FL's character doesn't have and live with her brother & sister in-law. Remake changes to uncle and aunt.
* Robot & FL's hairstyle are switched. Original: Robot had long hair, FL had short hair. Remake: Robot had short hair, FL had long hair
* ML's assistant was the FL's brother in the original. Here the assistant is his own person
* SFL's character didn't have a big role in the original. She was just there. She didn't really seem that important. The remake makes the SFL more involved and she's very likable.
* Secondary couple changes: Original had the female glasses researcher had a crush and fell in love with the SML (the lead researcher). This couple didn't happen until the very end. In the remake, the lead researcher & the SFL falls in love with each other and a lot earlier.
* Original had (although not as bad as I've seen) more of weak a love triangle. The remake doesn't have this at all.
* In the original, the ML was more furious at the FL, to the point where the FL received a small injury from the ML breaking a glass. It takes a whole explanation from the FL for the ML to finally understand and forgive the FL. The robot group left the ML due to the ML's lost of trust from them. The remake is completely on the lighter side. ML gets angry but the constant visits from the FL and the love ML still have for the FL made him forgive her easily without her having to explain at all. Robot group stays with the ML never leaving him.
* Company and the evil people in the remake are much harsher here than in the original. ML was threatened to lose his title as CEO in the original but still kept his house. Remake, almost everything is taken from the ML.
* In the original, the robot finds her way back home, filled with many sweet encounters the robot has made and the robot is alive. The remake makes this part doom and gloom, only a few quick nice scenes with the robot's encounter. Robot finds her way home only to die due to self-destruct mode, which was never in the original.
* Some people said the FL's character was really bad at pretending to be a robot. That was the whole point though. They kept this same character concept from the original and I for one thought this FL did a great job at when she was pretending to be a robot and when she played the actual robot role. While I think the ML, Yoo Seung Ho, from the original outshine more in his character than the remake, the ML here, Leon Leong also did a great job portraying his character as well. I also love how the SFL had more of a role here than the original. The best part is she's likable.
* Romance, while still a slow burn romance, I think this handled the romance better in the remake than the original, though, don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of sweet moments in the original as well.
I feel like the remake of this drama stops around Ep 27. From there on out, it appears to be different content, including a kidnapping scene which just shows how wicked they made the bad guy in this remake. I guess that's what happens when you add too many episodes. You have to fill it with dumb things that strays away from the original story plot, which is why I lower the score for story a bit. That's the downfall of this remake drama but even with that setback, I think this remake gave us more of a conclusion on the ML's story than the original did. I'm very satisfied of how this drama ended. Overall, not too bad for a remake and I may rewatch it again.
ALMOST SIMILAR TO THE OG...I think this drama really have vibes the OG from kdrama but still different there was some character change, and there was a new character too so yeah it's little bit different from the OG but the story for the leads almost similar, this drama have a lot funny/comedy vibes, fluffy thing, and actually this drama have easy story for me, and the thing i love that ML really fast to forgive the FL and that make this drama have a plus point for me, but some episodes of this drama are kinda boring so i think to people who want to watch it can skip some episode of this drama, this drama not bad but have some boring scene and boring episode that make minus of this drama. I love FL family really nice too.
For the chemistry i think it's average not bad not so good. Other things that i love about this drama have bright feeling because of the cinematic is nice in here really give bright vibes, This drama have a slow pace romance but it's not supsrise since the OG have a slow pace romance too, i think to the people who want watch this for their intese romance it will little bit dissapointed since this drama doesn't have a lot intense romance like the OG, imo the OG have more intense romance than this, i think it's more easy romance with fluffy and fun romance thing so still good tho right.
For The music i love it, idk why the music in this drama is good so make this drama more life.
Overall this drama is good but not as good as the OG but to people who want watch this for comedy, easy drama, fluffy romance, a robotic thing, i will definetly recommend it, and i will rewatch this drama when i don't have any drama to watch.