Coolforthesummer

Snowflakes of Sweetness: "Amidst A Snowstorm of Love" Radiates Romance and Brilliance

It was a true romance of the year. Watching this drama felt like reading beautiful poetry, time flew without realizing it. The show hit all the right notes.

The story, though familiar was executed uniquely. The main couple's chemistry, the foreign locations and the absence of cliches made it stand out. No ex girlfriend, no third angle, no annoying side characters, a very relaxing show for romance lovers.

- What I liked:

•Chemistry between main leads: The standout factor of the show is definitely the chemistry between Zhang Jinmai and Wu Lei. Their on screen dynamic is captivating, making it the main selling point. Scenes that might have felt cringe worthy with other actors are handled seamlessly due to their undeniable chemistry. Yin Guo and Lin Yiyang, portrayed by the duo, are unquestionably one of my top three couples in modern Chinese romance.

•Locations: Following the impressive chemistry, foreign based locations emerge as the next selling point of the show. Shot mostly in Finland, the director's skill in capturing the scenery adds an extra layer of besuty to the drama. The combination of beautiful locations and outstanding chemistry makes it clear why this drama is destined to be a hit. The foreign settings provide a unique atmosphere compared to regular modern Chinese dramas, giving it a cinematic feel with scenic beauty and visual appeal for each character. Even when the focus shifts to China after Episode 16, the chosen locations maintain a distinct charm, setting it apart from typical Chinese dramas.

•Story/Plot: While the storyline might seem familiar, its unique execution sets it apart. The absence of cliches like ex gf/bf, third angles, lead separations, annoying supporting characters and family pressures makes it stand out. The show skillfully navigates away from predictable angles.
I appreciate the shift in tone between the first and second halves. The initial half is rich in romance while the latter half delves deeper into drama with a sports genre focus, exploring the intricate dynamics of the characters relationships.

•Supporting Characters: Its worth mentioning the standout supporting characters in the show, all of whom contribute positively. There are no annoying or negative characters, instead the drama is filled with mature and non childish supporting characters. Initially i expected some characters to take a negative turn and create obstacles for the leads but im pleased to say the show proved me wrong. Each supporting character is intricately written with depth and maturity making them endearing as the show progresses. Personal favorites include Meng Xiaodong, Jiang Yang and Wu Wei who have undoubtedly won the hearts of viewers with their charming portrayals.

•Acting: The acting truly stood out with Zhang Jinmai and Wu Lei delivering performances that felt incredibly authentic. As a fan of their previous work, this show has only deepened my admiration for them. I eagerly anticipate their future projects as they have consistently impressed me. The supporting cast without exception, seamlessly brought the written characters to life.

•Direction/Cinematography/BGM Score: The direction and cinematography were impeccable creating a visually stunning drama. It felt like watching a cinematic masterpiece and the OSTs/BGM scores, especially tracks like "Perfect Performance" by Yisa Yu and "Love and Shine" by Wu Lei elevated the viewing experience to another level.

•Visuals: The scenery and the actors visuals were seriously impressive. I know we shouldnt judge solely based on looks but every character looked good and its worth noting that these actors were not just good looking but also incredibly talented.

-What I didnt like:

Honestly there isnt much that i didnt like here. However, some romantic scenes between the leads felt a bit childish. If it werent for these two actors it might have been a tad cringy, but somehow they managed to convince me otherwise. Their chemistry and acting really worked in favor of the drama.

After a long time, i came across such a feel good modern Chinese romance drama with no cliche hurdles or tracks. Everything from the beginning was fantastic and it stayed that way until the end. This show is undoubtedly a treat for romance lovers and im sure they wont get enough of it. It will remain close to my heart for the longest time and the main lead pair has secured a spot in my top 3 Chinese pairs of all time.

MyeTezz

Most natural and genuine romance with diabetes chemistry.

“They give me butterflies just by them being in the same airspace.” - me

Wu Lei & Zhao Jinmai, my all-time favorite couple from now on. I absolutely adore the organic evolution of their relationship, from the initial awkward, blind-date-like tension to becoming utterly smitten with one another. It’s rare to maintain such palpable chemistry throughout the entire series, especially considering that they got together relatively early on. Most shows struggle to keep the romantic tension once the couple has formed, but this series deftly keeps the spark alive in every interaction. What’s even better is that their connection feels incredibly natural and genuine, with unbeatable on-screen chemistry that is both sizzling and enthralling, a testament to their exceptional acting prowess and talent. I'm particularly fond of their meticulous attention to detail, evident in the subtle nuances of facial expressions and deliberate gestures executed by the characters. I can genuinely sense the level of hard work and dedication they pour into their acting behind the scenes, as they excellently presented the delicate interplay of ambiguity and tension inherent in the process of falling in love, and how their interactions still shine after coming together.

Quoting roughly from Wu Lei’s acting teacher, Teacher Cui, on them: “Wu Lei is a very serious person. Every time he takes on a role, he always fully immerses himself in the life of that character in advance. Every frown, every smile, every movement is executed with professionalism and in deep immersion of that character. No wonder so many people like him, because the quality he brings to his performances is exceptional. The manner in which they both handle intricacies and communicate when they're together makes their couple pairing very good.”

Lovely, therapeutic, mesmerizing, heartwarming, soothing, wholesome, tender, and comforting.
An absolute treat that cures depression, yet causes diabetes.

I found the casting to be perfect. Alongside the Lin Yiyang-Yin Guo (Yi-Guo) couple, I thoroughly enjoyed the supporting characters like Wu Wei & lil bro Meng Xiaotian. Their presence injected a playful energy into the story, often through subtle teasing or reactions to the leads, while consistently remaining strongly supportive of them. The bromance and rivalry were superb too—the trio Lin Yiyang, Jiang Yang & Meng Xiaodong all harbored mutual respect and admiration for one another, adding to the wholesome feel of the show. Furthermore, all of them played the role of wingmen well, putting in a decent amount of good words for Lin Yiyang along the way. So how can one not like the cast? Heck, even Yin Guo’s friends are good wingwomen.
I also loved the scenic filming locations that contribute to the gorgeous & cozy vibe of the show—filmed in Finland, France, and China; 3 countries & 11 cities. The BGM adeptly complemented the mood of the show, seamlessly blending with the atmosphere and drawing me in, with the OSTs being catchily good as well.

Some people don’t understand that the plot IS the interactions and the growing relationship/romance. The reason some perceive it as dull, draggy, or devoid of any plot is simply because they don't vibe with the chemistry between the couple as much. And for a series that heavily depends on the dynamics of the couple, this can make-or-break the show for you, so just give few eps a try and feel the chemistry urself to see if you’ll like it or not. And if you are skipping/ff-ing their scenes it’s totally pointless/invalid.
Just know that I love the tension and the tender relationship between the two throughout its entire run.

As someone who enjoys playing 8-ball/9-ball pool & snooker, I appreciate the cast’s efforts to learn the sport from scratch, training hard for a few months, immaculately capturing the aura of a professional player and successfully showcasing some impressive plays.

——————————————————————————
Here’s a brief overview of the gameplay for those who have never played before (feel free to skip):

In snooker, players must pot a red ball (1 pt) first before they can attempt to pot a colored ball, which carries varying point values (yellow-2, green-3, brown-4, blue-5, pink-6, black-7 pts).
This alternation between potting reds and colored balls (red, colored, red, colored) continues until all the red balls are cleared from the table, after which players must pot the colored balls in sequence from yellow to black. To maximize their points, players need to strategically position the cue ball (white ball), ideally near the black ball (which yields the most points), after potting a red. They must also position for the next red ball after potting the black. The colored balls are spotted—placed back onto its designated spot once they’re potted, as long as there are still red balls on the table.
Players will also need to deal with being "snookered," where their opponent skillfully blocks the path to the required ball, typically as fewer red balls remain on the table. Failing to hit the required ball results in a foul, with the opponent gaining a minimum of 4 pts (misses all the balls, or hits any colored ball lower than 5 pts). Contacting let’s say a blue ball when you are supposed to hit a red ball will be a foul that gives the opponent the blue-ball points (5 pts), while illegally contacting pink or black ball will give the opponent 6 or 7 pts respectively. The one with the most points at the end of the game wins, obviously, with the maximum break score of 147 attainable (potting red and only black in alternation) which is insanely challenging even for professional players.

For 9-ball pool, it’s simpler, players just have to pot the balls numbered 1 through 9 in sequential order, starting from the lowest numbered ball. The player who pots the 9-ball (yellow stripe ball) at any point wins the game (so a legal shot—hitting a required lowest numbered ball first, but successfully potting the 9-ball in the process results in an instant win). In the show, you will also see the players determining the order of play or break through “lagging”. This involves each player simultaneously hitting their assigned ball from the head string (horizontal line running across the table) towards the opposite cushion of the table, aiming to return the ball closer to the head cushion (the cushion nearest to where they initially hit the ball) than the opponent. The player whose ball stops closest to the head cushion wins the lag and earns the right to break the rack of balls to start the game.
Breaking first is usually more advantageous since the likelihood of pocketing any balls at the break is quite high. This is even more so for skilled players as they have an even higher chance of performing a run-out or clearance, where they pot all the remaining balls on the table in a single turn, thereby winning the game.

Most people (myself included), at least for recreational/non-competitive players, find snooker to be a much more challenging game than pool. This is primarily due to its larger table size, tighter pockets, and smaller balls, making potting more difficult as there is less margin for error, demanding more precise shot-making. Moreover, snooker’s greater number of balls and its scoring system, which includes more extensive rules and fouls, further adds to its complexity (possibly more strategic depth), and a game of snooker is typically longer than a game of 9-ball pool so it can be more mentally taxing as well.
That said, both snooker and pool demands precise ball control (power, spin, accuracy) for positioning and strategic thinking, since players cannot simply pot whichever ball they want and must always plan for the next or several shots ahead.
——————————————————————————

I’m now a huge fan of both Wu Lei and Zhao Jinmai. Their chemistry is electrifying and off-the-charts. If they don’t win the best couple award, I’ll riot, because I don’t know who else could.

Please, for the sake of humanity, give them a few more dramas as lovers, because their chemistry is too good to be wasted on just one project.

I’ll miss this show greatly.
And yes, their chemistry outweighs any negatives for me.

10/10.

Weibo Content (BTS, Interviews, etc):

Episodes: 30
Runtime: 23 Hours

Blizzardahm

The Perfect Winter Watch!

“In the past, no matter how hard I worked, how hard I fought, I would always feel empty. Since life is unfair, why do I fight like this? There is no place I have to go, nothing I want with all my heart, no one I need to be with. Until…we met one another in a snowstorm.”
________________________________
Where should I start? Perhaps with the statement that if you are looking for a fluffy Cdrama rom-com to watch in the middle of winter, Amidst a Snowstorm of Love is a strong candidate for you to consider. It is a drama full of cute romantic scenes, strong friendships, and endless support from so many different characters. I started this drama in the middle of a pretty bad Cdrama slump, and this was the perfect comfort drama for me to watch while it was coincidentally snowing outside. The leads meet in Finland during a snowstorm, and their story of love and persistence unravels from there. Additionally, much of the plot revolves around the pool table, as the leads are nine-ball and snooker players. Coming into this drama, I knew almost nothing about the sports, but I found myself watching each player anxiously as they competed, silently cheering them on. Amidst a Snowstorm of Love was adapted from the novel of the same name by Mo Bao Fei Bao (墨宝非宝). The novelist’s name may sound familiar; she also wrote the original novels for Go Go Squid!, The Flame’s Daughter, and One and Only.

The first ten or so episodes of the drama are essentially the build-up of Lin Yiyang (ML) and Yin Guo (FL)’s relationship. Lin Yiyang and Yin Guo meet in an evening snowstorm in Finland. The first third of the drama was a bit slow for me, but it quickly picked up speed. Lin Yiyang is an international student in communications, and Yin Guo has come to compete in a major nine-ball competition. Much of the drama is centered around their cute moments in Finland, or as I commented earlier, are basically snapshots of the two walking around in the snow. And of course, food, food, and food! The Chinese characters speak English for a good portion of the drama in Finland. Lin Yiyang and Yin Guo’s relationship is literally the biggest green flag you’ll see in CdramaLand. They are extremely considerate of each other, are amazing communicators (after countless dramas with stupid misunderstandings, thank you!!), and are supportive of each other’s goals. Their little WeChat conservation moments are adorable! Additionally, despite Lin Yiyang being away from the pro-snooker life for over a decade, Yin Guo didn’t hesitate at all when she told him she would support him if he wanted to compete again. Lin Yiyang was the Chinese snooker champion by 13, but soon ‘retired’ due to conflicts with the judges. Yin Guo also started nine-ball at a young age and is currently one of the top internationally-ranked players.

You could say that Lin Yiyang took the initiative for their romantic relationship, but both of the leads were drawn to each other from the get-go. It was so sweet to see Lin Yiyang and his friend Wu Wei taking time out of their day to show Yin Guo and her cousin Meng Xiaotian around Hull, Finland. Lin Yiyang would go on such long train rides just to see Yin Guo again! They’re both more introverted, so as they got to know each other, it was more common to see them eating and chatting over the phone than actually speaking to each other. And after Yin Guo went back to China, they continued to talk to each other over the phone nonstop. The communication between the two is mature and impeccable. There are no stupid misunderstandings at all, and although both leads have attracted a lot of admirers (especially Lin Yiyang), there is just an amazing level of trust that leads to absolutely no jealously at all. I also appreciate the fact that the ML and FL’s admirers backed off after seeing the two together. Thank you, thank you!

Another essential aspect of the drama is the undying support the characters pour on each other. Not only does Lin Yiyang help Yin Guo get ready for her first competition in Finland, but the support is mutual. As Yin Guo slowly learns about Lin Yiyang’s past, she and his old friends are thrilled to learned that he wants to go back to professional snooker. And the bromances are so funny and heartwarming! Even before I knew that the novelist for this drama was the same for Go Go Squid!, I could see similarities between the close-knit friendships tied together by a shared love for the sport. In the beginning, I thought that Yin Guo’s other cousin, Meng Xiaodong (Xiaotian’s older brother) would be a problem in their relationship due to his seemingly hostile past with Lin Yiyang, but I was so wrong. Meng Xiaodong turned out to be one of the most supportive people towards both their relationship and Lin Yiyang’s return to pro-snooker. (There’s plenty of eye candy as well, but that’s just a plus!) We also witness the rekindling of friendships between Lin Yiyang and his former peers whom he left years ago.

I would say that the only major roadblock in Lin Yiyang and Yin Guo’s relationship is Yin Guo’s mom, but she wasn’t much of a problem either. I won’t say why she wasn’t initially supportive of them being together, because it’s explained in the drama. However, her initial dislike towards Yiyang is pretty reasonable. I also think that this progression from dislike to a loving embrace really shows Lin Yiyang’s character changing for the better since he was that stubborn and haughty snooker champion as a teenager. Some people were unhappy with the lack of "subtance" in the drama, but then were upset about the mom. (Just an example of how we can't cater to everyone.) I’m also going to take a minute here to appreciate his amazing teacher, Mr. He Wenfeng. Lin Yiyang was his last student, whom he treated like a grandson. Mr. He is the teacher all of us want, and Lin Yiyang wouldn’t be where he was at 13 or today without his guidance.

In my opinion, Wu Lei and Zhao Jinmai had amazing chemistry. It didn’t help when their characters were so loving and supportive towards each other either! Even as opponents, every clap and congratulations were extremely genuine and everyone was happy for one another, no matter who won or lost. All the actors and actresses made the rom-com enjoyable, with plenty of smiles and laughs. The OST is cute and perfect for the leads' happy moments together. Amidst a Snowstorm of Love was the first drama I’ve watched that shines the spotlight on the pool table. Since I know basically nothing about snooker and nine-ball, I can’t testify to whether the drama showed gameplay correctly, but it sparked my interest in the sports. And given that China is currently very high-ranked internationally in terms of snooker and nine-ball, the drama also was able to raise awareness for the sports in China, and of course, outside of China.

All in all, Amidst a Snowstorm of Love is the perfect cuddly winter watch! It is a perfect combination of romance, friendship, and healthy relationships across the board. You are not only transported to the world of pool, but also get to experience a Finnish winter and amazing love story. It’s definitely a plus if you start this drama when it’s snowing outside. (That’s what happened for me!)

Thanks for reading!

tintin92

This drama is made to give you butterflies! The romance is just beautiful...

Two calm and young humans fall in love amidst a snowstorm in a snowy country! This sentence sums the whole drama up.

From the beginning, we get to see lovers who fall in love in a pure way, just like snow. It's just serene and sweet, and nothing more.

There are obstacles. There are past issues. There are some grains of mystery involved, but their romance development is on-point and flowing like the wind.

The scenery is marvelous! we get to see European cities covered in snow, trees, and cute cafes. It's one of those Aesthetic dramas that satisfy your craving for beauty.

The OSTs and main songs are sooo beautiful. The lyrics match the whole story and it's mesmerizing.

Also, there is no love triangle or exes from the past.
The leads have the healthiest relationship ever and their communication is so sweet.

Also, it's notable to mention that this drama has the most beautiful romantic scenes. The leads get to kiss and hold hands whenever they are given the chance! it's just pure ROMANCE.

Overall, a very sweet and romantic modern Cdrama. It's a must-watch imo :)

foxyjo

screaming, squealing and swooning.

oh my god what have they laced these episodes with! simply can't stop watching them. from the very first scene, the cinematography is breathtaking. i really love the setting of the show- winter aesthetic never fails to deliver. also, shooting abroad with the snowy backdrop was legit one of the best decisions made. it doesn't feel like watching 30 episodes. everytime an episode ends it feels like it's over so soon. everything is made so well to make it look like watching an extended movie, you'll find yourself casually transition to next and next episodes on autopilot.

acting:

as expected, both Leo Wu and Zhao Jin Mai deliver standout performances. Wu Lei is the best on screen boyfriend for the year. oh boy, the way he's hopelessly in love and expresses himself with his entire being is simply adorable and incredibly sexy at the same time. he plays his character with so much nuance. man he conveys a range of emotions with just his eyes and even when he's just... there, he makes his scenes so impactful. i haven't seen many actors that have this much captivating aura tbh.

Zhao Jin Mai's acting is equally commendable. she brings grace and authenticity to her role with subtle gestures. impressed by how she delivers her dialogues being expressive and realistic at the same time. overall they complement each other so so well. best duo of the year istg.

together their chemistry is top tier. I've not found a single scene where their chemistry is below perfection, its always sizzling. their interactions elevate the entire mood, there's like an invisible magnetic pull beutween them- like every glance loaded with unspoken intensity and sparks fly. forget butterflies i get the whole damn fireworks going on. Yin Guo and Yi Yang have this chemistry that's not just seen but felt and resonates.

lovable side characters:

also it's a huge bonus that the side characters aren't boring or annoying! Jiang Yang, Meng Xiao Dong and Wu Wei in particular stood out to me for being incredible support characters that we don't usually see in dramas.

• Wu Wei has this soft aura around him who's easy going, supportive and the kinda person you can always count for being by your side. when he was genuinely happy for Yi Yang and sheds happy tears on hearing about his comeback, wow that one scene showed how much he truly values and supports his friends.

• Meng Xiao Dong is prolly my fav of them all (no surprise there). he's hot, wears suits, has this cold unapproachable aura and hot (oh i mentioned it already nvm). he's the scene stealer in this show for me.

• Jiang Yang seemed cold at first but soon turned out to be a sweet guy who also goes beyond limits for his friends. i don't think he's much appreciated but man is the one who was persistent to bring Yi Yang back to court.

• also honorable mention to Xiao Tian who we saw more in the beginning and towards the end of series and was the first shipper of main leads lol. he's got this bubbly personality that automatically makes you smile.

i could go on and on about all the characters as well but if you haven't watched yet, I'll let you witness it firsthand. I'll just say it's hard not to love the characters- mentioned or not. they all have amazing chemistry and it truly shows how close their friendship is. they've picked just the right actors for the right roles I'm so satisfied. this cast really had actors that can act well. i could also say the same about the actresses but one stood out to me in particular- the actress who played He Jia (He laoshe's daughter); she was simply excellent with her delivery and micro expressions. unfortunately she wasn't highlighted much in the series but her performance was hands down the best among anyone here.

final words:

i can't say it's perfect, this show definitely has its own flaws. i would say there are some scenes that seems to not fit in with the pacing or overdone or even unnecessary at times. also I believe some scenes (like intimate ones) were cut off due to censorship. also I'm a little disappointed with the screentime of side characters, i was hoping to see more of other couples as well. but truly it can be overlooked by everything else that made up for it- like the stellar performances, mesmerizing soundtracks, not to mention the overall aesthetics, that combine together to create a cozy atmosphere that seems like a warm hug on a cold day!! it was such fun experience watching and swooning in the comment section (shoutout to angela who couldn't keep her excitement in like many of us and was so relatable with her timely comments). bittersweet to say goodbye to this show and hoping to see the cast in future works. snowstorm may have passed but it's always in our hearts ❤️

twinty

I Will Forever Watch This Drama!!!

I am trying to get my thoughts together to express how much this drama took over my heart. I did not want it to end. I even went for a walk before I watched the last two episodes. And now that it is done, I am so sad because I will miss seeing Lin Yi Yang and Yin Guo. I also loved Meng Xiao Dong, the FL's big brother (cousin actually). Then there are the other characters with their own unique personalities and all adorable in their own way. This cast was amazingly put together. Before I write a review, I will list all the things I loved about this drama because my head will not get it together to write anything coherent. I blame Wu Lei in his role as Lin Yi Yang. The guy was so sexy and seductive, I literally swooned through each episode. Well let me start the list:

1. Lin Yi Yang played by Leo Wu(Wu Lei) His eyes are expressive and seductive and will melt you when you see him gaze at Yin Guo. But not only his looks will make you swoon. He is the best in his field of sport and will knock your socks off the way he plays a perfect game of snooker. He is also intelligent and scholarly. And he is a businessman.

2. Yin Guo, the FL , seems shy when she is with the ML, but she is a fearless 9 ball competitor/sportswoman. Zhoa Yin Mai plays her part with natural ease. She makes the romance believable in a way that reminds me of one of my favorite actresses, Zhang Jing Yi from Lighter and Princess in that she is also a natural actress who makes the romance scenes believable because of her connection with the ML. You will feel her love for him. She delivers her lines perfectly and knows just how to use her voice and tone to portray the scenes in a way you will feel connected.

3. Love at first sight is one I find relatable. The way the ML fell in love and pursued the FL might not be for everyone but for me, it totally captivated me to the point I watched the scenes over and over again while I waited for the next episodes.

I will need to gather my thoughts before writing more but do yourself a favor and DO NOT LISTEN TO THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS. Some of the low-rating reviews have been there from the start by people who have not even watched the drama.

sufi7

can pin into all time fav

its been three or four month iam finding a good Chinese drama , no one keep me entertained, most of them are either cliche or not keeping above average. but this drama hit different , every moments with couples are precious and can’t even blink eyes especially the female and male leads are gem . perfect spot and food scenery oh i felt like traveling at lot of occasions, the couple interactions are covered by very sharp , expressions are awesome . i never felt such lovely drama recently
justjacky

The perfect winter romance with billiards as sub-plot

This is the perfect winter romance to watch on a cold night, wrapped up in a blanket and drinking hot cocoa. It’s one of those rare green flag dramas that can easily warm your heart with love while watching. The drama is about how two sports players meet on a snowstorm night in Finland and fall in love. Every episode is filled with fluffy, sugary romance and beautiful snow landscapes. The episodes are slow paced, we follow the daily lives of the main leads and how they fall in love with each other which means the audience spends extra time watching them cuddle, eat and walk around the city. The chemistry between the leads is so hot that you always feel like you are peeing into their most intimate and private moments in the best way possible.

The first half of the drama is focused on the relationship build up and mostly takes place in Finland. I preferred this half more as it had the perfect sugary romance.The second half of the drama is focused more on the plot as it revolves around the sports competitions in the field of billiards (snooker and nine-ball). This half is more serious with some sadder moments and mostly takes place in China.

POSITIVE:
- Natural and hot chemistry between the leads. Their eye contact, hair touching, hand caressing is EVERYTHING. I always feel I’m peeping into their most intimate moments as if I'm watching a real life couple.
- Hot kisses. Yes this needs a separate point because the way male lead is pulling her for a kiss is FIRE.
- Romance that makes you swoon, squeal and blush like crazy.
- No stupid love triangles.
- No annoying break-ups.
- No annoying characters.
- Beautiful snow/winter cinematography.
- Support cast shines as much as the main leads.
- Top-notch winter romance that’s perfect to watch on a cold night with hot cocoa in hand.
- One small misunderstanding that was resolved quickly.
- Heartwarming vibes all the way.
- Main leads that have small normal flaws instead of being unrealistically perfect. They still make mistakes like all humans and learn from them.

NEGATIVE: (4 small things that bugged me but they didn’t take away from my enjoyment of the drama)
- Plot in the second half of the drama (revolving around sports competitions) wasn’t the most exciting to watch.
- 2 sad/depressing episodes. I didn’t care about that particular plot line and I felt it had too much screen time. I would have preferred if the drama had only happy moments without sad parts like one of my favourites dramas (I won’t name it here).
- No second couple. Before the drama started I read that the actor WXY will have a love interest so I was excited to see that. But he didn’t have much screen time and his love story wasn’t explored. In fact it ended up being unfinished.
- I feel too single after finishing this drama (this is more of a joke but you get me right).

OVERALL:
The drama is perfect if you are a hopeless romantic who wants a slow paced romance that will feel you with heartwarming vibes, butterflies in your stomach and wants a male lead whose gaze is so hot it can literally melt Antarctica.

Peng Huang

1st rewatch in years

There’s something with the way this story is told that is addictive… the acting was so on point. And Zhao Jinmai is amazing… she provided the innocence and the sweetness.

Or perhaps it was refreshing efficient, there werent any stuffer episodes, the length was good.

The music was on point. The shots in a foreign country gave it a kdrama feel, which I didn’t mind at all, they do a good job of making you feel romance and youth.

Basically, it was a hero’s journey laced with a ton of sweetness and relatable nostalgia. So good!
ephemeral euphoria

Heart warming, touching, admirable.

Amidst a Snowstorm of Love ❄️❤️
I finished watching all 30 episodes, last watched ep 30 at 3:15 am and since that moment I've been feeling blank.

This drama made me feel a lot, and taught me quite some interesting points of life too. Their first giddy yet awkward love story may happen to anyone else too. The feelings of falling in love for the first time, the struggle to keep a conversation running, the unsaid thoughts, the sensational skin ship. Everything's relatable.

Not to mention how they portrayed the background stories of each characters and their growth. How they may be immature and hard headed at first but then learnt better of how to get a hold of themselves and think about others. Particular conservative Chinese identity that some character showcased, the importance of respecting others especially elderly, they showed great effort thru all of those. They also portrayed the sport amazingly well even tho there are some flaws still in the real sport terms. The dedication for the sport they love, their brotherhood and the bond they created while striving for a sport that they are proud of are so admirable. From coaches to the team and fans, they legit put on a great sportsmanship.

The actors and actresses blended well in their characters as if the directors hand picked them out from the novel. From main to side characters, they each have their ray of lights. The panoramic views from different location they shooted this, the soothing melodious music background and original song tracks they produced for the show were so brilliant and fit the concept exceptionally well.

Relationship, either with your family, friends or lover, relationship exists everywhere. There might be times where things won't go the way we wanted but surely, patience and tolerance will save us. There's more to relationship than just hugs, kisses, or compliments. Sometimes they can be words of comfort, acts of service, and even the presence alone, of both parties in well condition is enough to link up a relationship.

This drama is truly a relaxing healing drama. Worth the wait, worth the hype, worth the time watching. Surely gonna repeat watching this all over again anytime soon.

Kuddos to the author for writing such masterpiece and to the director, crews, actors and actresses for making such a beautiful series.

Amidst a Snowstorm of Love, after every snowstorm, there'll sunlight again, and then, you may feel the warmness again.

Gracie Kk

worth the wait, worth the time. a beautiful slice of life drama.

There are more depth to the story of the drama than what some people said. This is a SLICE OF LIFE type of drama, cause life can both slow you down or pull you up anytime anywhere. There winning and losing, there's misunderstanding, chaos and also contemplation of making decision. There are multi aspects of respect, sportmanship, relationship dynamics portrayed. It's not a typical fluffy all giddy and fantasy romance. It's paced with actual life condition. The chemistry? I don't know about others but they surely showed how it is to be awkward, how it is when you're missing someone so dearly, how and why some are afraid of marriage, how they shot emotions from a simple gaze, everything's there on the right pace. It's a healing life type of drama, not too heavy, not too serious. They did amazingg.

mousez1388

Must watch Romance of 2024

Their chemistry is amazing! I cried with happiness for the last episode. This show makes you feel the emotions of the characters who just make the perfect couple and are both very sweet. If you like romance, especially Chinese dramas then this is a must-watch for you. The story focuses on their romance the entire show and does not sidetrack, of course, sports are involved in the show but not too much that the show loses focus on the main couple, it just helps build their characters and their values.
Amidst a Snowstorm of Love (2024) poster