The Glass Mask drama is based on a very popular manga of the same name by Suzue Miuchi, about a young girl named Maya whose dream is to be an actress. A legendary former stage actress, Tsukikage Chigusa, watches Maya as she reenacts drama episodes she's seen on TV. She approaches Maya and has her join her acting company, Tsukikage Theater. Tsukikage holds the production rights to a legendary masterpiece called "The Crimson Goddess," in which she had played the title role until a terrible accident burnt her face beyond surgical repair. She's been searching all of these years for someone to play the role which only the most talented actress could play, and maybe she's found that someone in Maya... --synopsis by awrittensin Add Synopsis In Portuguese
Cast & Credits
This if a drama you should watch if :
*You're an aspiring actor, or you just like stage plays and dramas^^
*You like success stories and initiatory journeys.
3 Things I loved about this drama :
- They kept Maya's character close to the manga. Her temper, her naive side, her passion, the way she manage to get a hold of her roles are all faithfully portrayed.
- They gave the plays and the acting lessons all the credit the manga gave them.
- The relationship between Maya and Masumi is stressed as an important part of the story.
3 Things I really didn't like in this drama :
- They added a lot of unecessary drama in a melodramatic enough story.
- They made fake links between the characters so they won't have to cast more actors.
- The bad acting from the male lead .
In short, I really love glass mask, but I'm only half convinced by the drama adaptation. It was better than the 1989 anime, but really didn't match the 2005 one, sponsored by Square Enix^^.