Fujihara Tomomi:
Ohh god, too many characters to write for, maybe I'll edit it later.

I have edited and updated the list and posted it on the characters' description forum. I have also included the names of places, we have seen so far too. If anyone wants to read more, please go to the forum.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/can-this-person-be-translated/73883-aos-character-descriptions-and-relationships-venue-descriptions-spoilers

i just saw someone on twitter (@DaisiesOh) talking about how the sword in the poster hides one eye from mudeok, one eye from uk. then if we look at the circle of naksu's sword that's on top of both of them, it looks just like their "third eye" ? i think this can be interesting if we relate this to the theory about the ice stone fitting there + the recent photocard theories of the ice stone on uk's forehead... kinda makes sense! but i'm no theorist so feel free to rebuke/develop this one hehe

other than that, they noticed that when the old king and jang kang swapped soul, the soul swapping space was red, firelike, while the soul swapping between naksu and mudeok or even uk's failed swap both happened in a blue waterlike space. does this mean anything ?

julie:
it looks just like their "third eye" ?

Ohh wow, that's a cool theory.

julie:
other than that, they noticed that when the old king and jang kang swapped soul, the soul swapping space was red, firelike, while the soul swapping between naksu and mudeok or even uk's failed swap both happened in a blue waterlike space. does this mean anything ?

Ahh, now that you mentioned it, maybe we can get our answer sooner or later. Jang Kang is the one who knows almost everything regarding Jang Uk right now. Maybe only when Jang Uk becomes the Gwanju, will he appear in front of everyone again.

Fujihara Tomomi:

The Ice Stone's full form is bigger than that too. So yeah, it's just a stolen piece- WAIT A MINUTE- What if that's actually the Ice Stone inside Mu Deok, but for some reason, Jang Uk is injured greatly and needs sth to help him survive, that's why Mu Deok sacrificed herself to keep him alive by giving the Ice Stone to him? I HATE MY OPTIMISTIC ASS!!! Also yeah the King's Star at the right corner, aha- ha..... ughhh I need someone to rebuke my previous theory

I like your theory. You could be right… 

It reminds me of the main poster where both Jang Uk’s and Mu Deok’s one eye is covered. What if the ice stone inside Mu Deok is reflected with her blue eyes (not only as the soul shifter mark); then for some reason, Jang Uk is injured and she gives the ice stone, so each of them has one blue eye that is covered in the main poster. 

Fangirl_7:

I like your theory. You could be right… 

It reminds me of the main poster where both Jang Uk’s and Mu Deok’s one eye is covered. What if the ice stone inside Mu Deok is reflected with her blue eyes (not only as the soul shifter mark); then for some reason, Jang Uk is injured and she gives the ice stone, so each of them has one blue eye that is covered in the main poster. 

Ohh god, where are agreeing instead of rebuking it ;-; I hate myself for having thought of this now. 

Omg pi’s ode 9 changes much and provide more about mudoki 

katyviolet18:

Omg pi’s ode 9 changes much and provide more about mudoki 

Many theories were right though! I need time to process all the information ? 

EP 9 SPOILERS AHEAD

So, I believe this is what we saw in Ep 9 today w/r/t the ice stone and Jin Bu-yeon.  Did anyone else get a different impression?

We already know that Jang Kang was experimenting with the ice stone over 20 years ago.  Apparently he is the one that “unsealed” it back then.  [He attempted to bring DoWha back to life by summoning back her soul and failed?].  He sealed it back up and left town later.  [This might also explain why he was there when Naksu’s father was killed – he didn’t leave town immediately after Jang Uk’s birth because he was trying to summon DoWha’s soul?].

Jin Bu-yeon, a girl with incredible powers, sensitivity and kindness , found the ice stone and unsealed it. 

Villain Uncle Jin took her out on a boat in a remote location, asked her to give the ice stone to him (and was clearly planning on dumping her after she did so), she refused and her body and soul disappeared, leaving Jin Mu with the ice stone.  Jin Mu believes that JBY is dead.

Oh, and Evil Queen knows that Jang Uk was born under the King’s Star.  I’m surprised they let him live all these years.

I think one question can solve all the mysteries.

How and why did Mudeok (now confirmed as Buyeon) appear when Naksu was performing the alchemy of souls?  

List of the things confirmed on episode 9:

• Mudeok is Buyeon. 
  • Buyeon is blind, or atleast blindfolded as a child
  • Buyeon is a powerful young mage. 
  • The ice stone wasn't inside the Jin vault.
  • Naksu now knows Uk is in love with her. 

I believe Buyeon disappeared after that encounter with Jinmu in the lake. Jinmu secretly took her there to find the stone for his own wrong reasons. The Jin family is clueless about this since there's no suspicion between them. Mother Jin trusts Jinmu instead. Jinmu might be taking away the stone from Buyeon, but she chose to protect it. They had a fight and she ended up falling into the lake. In between these events, she managed to put the stone inside herself. Then she fell unconscious and the flow current brought her to the Sari Village. She lost her memories when she woke up  and the only identification of herself is the embroidered eye mask.

It seems that Buyeon can handle the powers of the ice stone considering that scene. So she may had intentionally put the stone inside her. 

I wonder if Buyeon can open her eyes or anyone has seen the color of her eyes. 

These days, I keep on thinking that Naksu would die at the end. Because she should be dead if not for the spell. She also technically has no body based on what were shown up until now. I can almost accept that she would. 

Jang Gang accidentally shifted the soul of Naksu's father (?) Because why would he cry over his dead body? That might be start of conflicts between the leads. 

I strongly believe there are some secrets with Naksu's birth.

The ice stone might be something like a venom. It can induce the soul shifting but it can also repel it. However, it requires advanced skills.

I am bit confused with Naksu's motivations rn. She already knows there are enough reasons for his father's execution so there's no more rage in her. She might just be fighting for her survival, to avoid putrefaction. But what's the reason of living? She has no family and no reason for revenge, unless her target now is Jinmu. I wish the show would clarify this. 

jxxwxxstan:
The eunuch that Jin Mu is protecting, must be someone important because Jin Mu has been feeding and keeping him close. He could be the king (Uk's half-father).

I think jin mu is keeping that eunuch close because the eunuch is the one who relays his messages to the queen. 

wanderee:
She lost her memories when she woke up  and the only identification of herself is the embroidered eye mask.

I don't think she lost it. Even So-Yi knows Bu Yeon is from the Jin Family. Indeed, she did tell So-Yi about her identity.

wanderee:
Jang Gang accidentally shifted the soul of Naksu's father (?) Because why would he cry over his dead body? That might be start of conflicts between the leads. 

Yeah, that made me wonder about it too.

wanderee:
I am bit confused with Naksu's motivations rn. She already knows there are enough reasons for his father's execution so there's no more rage in her. She might just be fighting for her survival, to avoid putrefaction. But what's the reason of living? She has no family and no reason for revenge, unless her target now is Jinmu. I wish the show would clarify this. 

Our gurl is having her love phase XD, let her enjoy herself before the big storm coming lmao.

Fujihara Tomomi:

The Ice Stone's full form is bigger than that too. So yeah, it's just a stolen piece- WAIT A MINUTE- What if that's actually the Ice Stone inside Mu Deok, but for some reason, Jang Uk is injured greatly and needs sth to help him survive, that's why Mu Deok sacrificed herself to keep him alive by giving the Ice Stone to him? I HATE MY OPTIMISTIC ASS!!! Also yeah the King's Star at the right corner, aha- ha..... ughhh I need someone to rebuke my previous theory

FINALLY, I CAN REBUKE THIS RIDICULOUS THEORY!!!! Jang Kang did seal the ice stone inside Jang Uk's body.

I've rewatched the first episode and there was this water dragon scene in the beginning. Maybe nothing, but water dragons are veeeeery popular in Asian folklore and myths. This whole fantasy kingdom is water kingdom as well and everything revolves around water there.
Maybe water dragon is sealed inside the Ice Stone or it is water dragon's egg?

Aramintai:
This whole fantasy kingdom is water kingdom as well and everything revolves around water there.

This is mind-blowing! I love it. ☺☺☺

Aramintai:

I've rewatched the first episode and there was this water dragon scene in the beginning. Maybe nothing, but water dragons are veeeeery popular in Asian folklore and myths. This whole fantasy kingdom is water kingdom as well and everything revolves around water there.

I did mention my dream about the ice stone being a celestial dragon egg here hahaaha I don't think it is, but it did cross my mind