Aramintai:
And one more thing, in episode 12 when eunuch spoke to the fake queen/Shaman he mentioned that Shaman's sibling is somewhere in Jinyowon and that only that eunuch can bring that sibling back to the Shaman. Shaman's sibling is trapped or in trouble? Or is it Jin father who was already revealed to be working with the villains. Did he get soul shifted as well?

That's a very plausible theory. I just assumed it was daddy Jin because it would be difficult to have him as the Queen's eunuch. I mean, she could soul shift him into a eunuch's body, but they would have to murder lady Jin's husband and that would rise suspicion.

Also, the shaman's body is still alive, and the evil plan of taking Songrim down can't be much older than 20 years. It could be daddy Jin. 

I don't think the shaman is alive for more than 200 years. Seo Gyeong didn't live 200 years. Master Lee is 100+ years old, he was probably trained when Master Seo was around 100 years old as well. The ice stone was sealed, so I don't think the shaman is soul shifting for 200 years.

Cau:

We dont know if he soul shifted with another person... If he did than this person ran wild and killed the entire family.  

Where are the other body with his soul? Could he be still alive? Why he didnt killed Jin Mu or took revenge from the murderer of his family? Is he being controlled by the ice stone power to not run wild through this years? Coul he be Jin dad? 

But I think the case of Cho Chong must be similar to Gil ju. He didnt soul shifted with another person, something went wrong  when he became a soul shifter and he ran wild. Because we could see Jang Kang crying for his petrifyed friend.

Jin Mu kills the victims. If Cho Chong didn't soul shift and just ran wild, he wouldn't kill his entire family. He would just feed on random strangers.

jxxvvxxkstan:

Jin Mu kills the victims. If Cho Chong didn't soul shift and just ran wild, he wouldn't kill his entire family. He would just feed on random strangers.

But why will Jang Kang Cry over his body?

Seems weird,  Im not convinced. There some thing in the murderer od Naksu´s father and  his soul shifted that we dont know yet. Also Jin Mu was not fully trained in soul shift souls. It was 20 years ago. 

Aramintai:
Have you noticed that in past scenes the male mage that was holding the shifting Ice Stone and making black powder was called Choi mage?

When the show first began, I had lots of time to re-watch (and re-watch) the show and I started to use a notebook to capture important quotes or descriptions.  I missed the reference to the "Choi mage".  I always thought the mage from 200 years ago was Seo Gyeong and I didn't notice a name. Do you recall which episode this was?  

jxxvvxxkstan:
I don't think the shaman is alive for more than 200 years. Seo Gyeong didn't live 200 years. Master Lee is 100+ years old, he was probably trained when Master Seo was around 100 years old as well. The ice stone was sealed, so I don't think the shaman is soul shifting for 200 years.

She may have been secretly soul shifting from body to body with soul ejectors stash from the past and then when she got a hold of the Ice Stone started making more for her allies to prep for a war with Songrim.

Kathryn_51:

When the show first began, I had lots of time to re-watch (and re-watch) the show and I started to use a notebook to capture important quotes or descriptions.  I missed the reference to the "Choi mage".  I always thought the mage from 200 years ago was Seo Gyeong and I didn't notice a name. Do you recall which episode this was?  

Episode 11, closer to the end when Park Jin is talking to master Lee. He mentions that just like Choi family mage did 200 years ago, somebody in the present is using the Ice Stone's power to make soul ejectors. And at that sentence that male mage with the Ice Stone from the past is shown making black powder.

I have a theory on starboy Jang Uk.

In the ep 11. Park Jin said UK was made by AoS(Ice stone) and he is also born with the king star energy. Also in the same ep we learn that Bu-Yeon was born because of the ice stone and she was born with king star energy.  We know that some of her ability is detect energy, that is why she can find the ice stone. 

I belive the storyline of UK and Mu Deok/BY is parallel with the story of Master Seo Gyeong and the blind mage of Jin family.  We know that master Seo Gyeong was born with the king star energy and could control and use the ice stone. 

We have 8 ep left of part one. Is very unrealistic that our star boy Uk is becoming  more skillful than master Lee in remaining episodes of part one. Why would Jang Gang seal Uk's energy...? 

My theory on Uk is  that when he get his hand on the Ice stone he can use and control it in the same way as master Seo Gyeong. If anyone could use it, why wouldn't  Jin Mu use it himself instead of Shaman Choi/The queen and become the most powerful mage in Daeho. 

Cau:

But why will Jang Kang Cry over his body?

Seems weird,  Im not convinced. There some thing in the murderer od Naksu´s father and  his soul shifted that we dont know yet. Also Jin Mu was not fully trained in soul shift souls. It was 20 years ago. 

He cried probably because he unsealed the ice stone and was conducting soul-shifting experiments, and his friend fell victim to soul-shifting. He probably blames himself for it. 

Aramintai:

She may have been secretly soul shifting from body to body with soul ejectors stash from the past and then when she got a hold of the Ice Stone started making more for her allies to prep for a war with Songrim.

You're right. Then their sibling is either a soul shifter or a relic in Jinyowon's vault.

RickRoss:
she was born with king star energy.

Lady Jin described it as a blessed day from the skies. Although it's a very plausible theory, we are still not sure if it was the same day as Jang Uk's birth (the day of the King star). Maybe you're right and Jang Kang provided another child (Buyeon) to be born with the King star so he could block Uk's energy gate.

RickRoss:
My theory on Uk is  that when he get his hand on the Ice stone he can use and control it in the same way as master Seo Gyeong. If anyone could use it, why wouldn't  Jin Mu use it himself instead of Shaman Choi/The queen and become the most powerful mage in Daeh

This is very interesting.  Why Jin Mu needs the "queen/shaman" to manipulate the Ice stone?  We have two options, she is someone above him whom he should obey or he really cant manipulate himself because if he could he for certainly would want to be the most powerful mage in Daeho. 

jxxvvxxkstan:
He cried probably because he unsealed the ice stone and was conducting soul-shifting experiments, and his friend fell victim to soul-shifting. He probably blames himself for

I agree, he probably blames himself and is feeling guilty. But for me he was crying over a friend´s body (and soul) . Lets wait...i could be wrong. 

A viewer pointed this out and it started to bug me as well.

When Naksu dreamed about her and Buyeon facing each other, why did Naksu appeared as JSM and not as GYJ? I mean in that dream, they are just souls. So Naksu should have the appearance of GYJ since it’s her original body, that’s how her soul really looks like.

Unless it was a production mistake, it’s a big hint. But I’m not sure how to process this information.

wanderee:

A viewer pointed this out and it started to bug me as well.

When Naksu dreamed about her and Buyeon facing each other, why did Naksu appeared as JSM and not as GYJ? I mean in that dream, they are just souls. So Naksu should have the appearance of GYJ since it’s her original body, that’s how her soul really looks like.

Unless it was a production mistake, it’s a big hint. But I’m not sure how to process this information.

My guess is that when they change bodies their souls change as well. 

wanderee:
When Naksu dreamed about her and Buyeon facing each other, why did Naksu appeared as JSM and not as GYJ?

someone on twitter (@DaisiesOh) is explaining this by theorizing that naksu and buyeon are actually the same person/soul, with a double soul shifting going on? they explain it better on their tumblr here if you're interested.

we still don't know if that's the case, as the episodes seem to hint that buyeon & naksu are two distinct souls (+ considering the s2 main lead spoilers). however, their recaps and analysis are very interesting :) and we're on a discussion called 'wildest theories' right ? so anything is possible hahaha

So I've read all posts about AoS in that tumblr blog. It has many interesting theories. I'd like to add some of  them in this thread. 

Naksu is Jin Buyeon. 

I found it unbelievable initially, but as I read the evidences, it could be totally possible. (The recent episodes have been emphasizing the connection of JBY and Jang Uk. It made me question the position of Naksu in the story, This theory might be the resolution for that.)

• Mudeok is the constellation mage's daughter. Jinmu took her in, after her soul shifter father was killed, with the intention of swapping her soul with JBY later on.
  • After JBY fell in the river, she lost her memories. When she woke up, her soul was already switched with Mudeok's soul. Jinmu then fed her lies using Mudeok's story (happy memories of her"father" and that he was killed by the four powerful families) to boost her determination to train and be strong. That's how JBY became Naksu who was used by Jinmu. She eventually lost her ability to detect energy since she's far from home. 
  • JBY, now known as Naksu, didn't ran wild after the first switch because the ice stone induced her birth. Her soul is already special to begin with.
  • Jinmu sealed the gate of energy of Mudeok, who was in JBY's body, to prevent her from becoming petrified. Then, he threw her to Sari Village with the Jin embroidered blindfolded to further mess with the evidences that JBY is indeed Naksu. 
  • So, basically, ep1 is the second switch. Naksu went back to her original body. 
  • Unlike everyone, OP believes that Mudeok had also went back to her original body (GYJ) and died. 
  • Naksu loves birds and there are many in Jin home. 
  • The relics recognized the soul, not the body. 
  • Her ability to control energies only activates whenever she's near home or she's in danger because she still doesn't realize who she really is. And whenever she unconsciously uses her ability to save herself, she becomes temporary blind. Just like how she was blind ten years ago because her divine powers are constantly activated.  
  • It's strange that Naksu didn't know her father was a soul shifter until Gilju told her. She already saw a soul shifter before that encounter. And she saw how her father was running wild when she was young. So how come she was clueless until ep8? Unless, it's not her who witnessed the killing. Naksu isn't Cho Chung's daughter. She didn't see him running wild. Ofc Jinmu left that information out when he was brainwashing her. 
  • Naksu and Mother Jin have similar characteristics. Empowered and gutsy.
  • Naksu didn't know about the center thingy that Uk asked in the observatory. Jinmu would not go to details when telling stories of Cho Chung.
  • Jinmu  is sure that JBY is dead because he kept her by his side as Naksu until the news of her failed soul shifting attempt.
  • He transformed JBY to Naksu as a revenge to Jin Family and also to use her for their grand plans. 

Naksu's sword is a stolen Jinyowon relic. It's the only sword that rejects people (emits strong force sheathed). Jang Gang's and other mages' swords don't seem to exhibit this property. 

Master Lee is Seo Gyung himself. 

• He has regrets that he failed to save his lover's life by choosing power and honor over love. That's why, he drinks chaste tea to prevent himself from falling in love again as a punishment. 
  • He knew the secret of the love letter. Did Master Seo really tell his student about it? It is very private and irrelevant to the mage training. I mean, concentration could be improved in more effective and less time-consuming ways. 
  • He is closely observing Uk if he would give up love for power (drinking the tea to train faster), which was his mistake 200 years ago. 
  • And Uk keeps on choosing love, which might be the greater force needed to completely destroy the ice stone. 
  • Through Uk and JBY, Master Lee (Seo Gyung) is correcting his mistakes. 
  • Master Lee took Sapsali out to eliminate soul shifters due to his guilt. If not for his failure to melt the ice stone, there wouldn't be soul shifters and Daeho would be at peace. 

Actually, there are more evidences, explanations and interpretations of the unusual scenes in the blog. They are very entertaining. I just wrote those I remembered and combined them with my own observations. I highly recommend others to read from the first to the lastest theories chronologically to avoid confusion. 

OP tumblr link: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/mindmeltonabun-blog