May contain spoilers if you haven't finish the drama. 

This drama gives me a lot of feelings from funny, righteous, anger and pity. It may have some cons (Honestly is there a drama that 100% perfect without cons? Lol) but it is what it is. Feel free to add your favorite line from Destined.

Note: Line in all bold is the most impactful line in my opinion

“Little Yuru, I’m not giving you a hard time. I like you. This is not a joke. I fell in love with you at first sight, then fell more deeply at second sight. From now until I die, I won’t marry anyone but you.” Gu Jiusi: EP 2 (Lol Jiusi your nightmare life starts here :P)

“A joke? A joke of yours ruined my whole life!” - Liu Yuru: EP 4

“Ye Shi’an can’t save you. Even if the Heavenly Emperor comes, you won’t be saved! From now on, go home and study. If you dare to come to such a complicated place again, either I’ll kill you, or I’ll use this knife to kill myself in front or your mansion.” - Liu Yuru: EP 4

“Mom, I can’t study. I’m not in good health. The moment I read a book, I start to have a headache, a tummy ache, and a leg ache.”- Gu Jiusi: EP 4 (Dramatic boy Jiusi xD)

“I’ll protect you from now on. If anyone dares to bully you, I’ll break their legs.” Gu Jiusi: EP 6

“You’re going to say that women should rely on other people your whole life, shouldn’t have your own things to do, and shouldn’t live for yourselves. This is nonsense. Men and women? We are all humans. We humans should have our own interests. We should have ambitions which can’t be influenced by other people.” Gu Jiusi: EP 6

“I bet that you’ll become Boss Liu and earn a million. As for me, I’ll rank first in the Provincial Examination.” - Gu Jiusi: EP 7

“I wouldn’t dare underestimate you. Everyone in the city knows that I’m not afraid of anything except you and your big sword. Not only can you wield a big sword, you know how to cry too. When you cried, all the hair on my skin stood up. When I hear the water, I think of your crying eyes. I think I’m traumatized.” - Gu Jiusi: EP 7 (lol xD)

“Let me make it clear today. In the Gu family, women run the house. Without my mother, the Gu family wouldn’t have gained everything we have now. The women of my family are a thousand times more capable than most men. My wife ventured out for business. There’s no shame in that. No one gets to judge her. Before anyone speaks ill of her again, they’d better think about whether their legs can endure the pain Wang Rong did.” Gu Jiusi: EP 9 (Yes! Best husband candidate Gu Jiusi!)

“As a husband, I failed to protect my wife and subjected her to idle gossip. It’s my first mistake. As a son, I acted recklessly, made my mother worry, and a caring father upset. It’s my second mistake. As a citizen of Darong, I committed assault. I did it to defend my wife, but it’s undeniable that I violated the law. This is my third mistake. Wang Rong, you humiliated my wife. Apologize to her!”Gu Jiusi: EP 9 (T_T)

“Yuru, he apologized. He apologized to you! You’re crying again. I hate to make you cry. Don’t cry, will you?” - Gu Jiusi: EP 9

“If something really happened to my family, don’t worry. I’ll help you think a way out. I’ll write you a divorce letter and give you a lot of money and send you to a safe place. But I hope you know I’m not breaking my promise. I just want you to be safe.” Gu Jiusi: EP 10 (T_T)

I hope after our separation, my wife will comb her hair again and draw her brows. We will dissolve our resentment and our bond, without hate for each other. Let’s part ways and live happily. I will offer you several months of living expenses. May you live a long life. Yuru, don’t do anything silly. Live well.” - Gu Jiusi: EP 14

“Listen up, Gu Jiusi. In terms of being husband and wife, when my husband is in danger, as a wife, doing my best is my responsibility.” - Gu Jiusi: EP 14

“What’s so hard about dying? In my opinion, there’s nothing easier than dying. You only have to close your eyes and kick your legs, cross the Bridge of Forgetfulness, and you will have arrived at your next life. But it’s hard to live. I’m not capable. I enjoyed 20 years of leisure and riches. I thought I could go horse-riding, flower-viewing, cockfighting, and dog racing for the rest of my life of enjoyment and freedom. But now, the situation is on the verge of collapse and a storm is coming. People like me, who have been raised on luxury and are greedy for enjoyment, won’t be able to withstand the suffering in these troubled times. In life, people are like water. Wherever the water flows, you will be carried there. Nobility and commoners alike struggle amid it. No one can escape. Carving out a dignified path that allows you to survive and save other people is too difficult. I can’t handle such difficult task. I’ll leave it to Jiusi.” - Yang Wenchang: EP 14 (My heart still feels pain for this man)

“Gu Jiusi! I don’t care where you are! Listen up! I’ll wait for you. For the sake of your brother, live! Live well! You have to be a hero, travel the world, and get rid of all those people who schemes in underhanded ways and treat human lives like pawns! Return peace to the people and bring peace to the world! If I’m reincarnated as a human, let’s go horseback riding and drinking!” Yang Wenchang: EP 14 (Go watch this scene T_T)

“We didn’t have enough food. If we both ate, no one can get to Youzhou. If I ate less, you could eat more. If you don’t have water to drink while traversing the desert, you can drink my blood instead. When my blood is dry, leave me alone. Go by yourself. It’s faster on your own.”- Liu Yuru: EP 15

“The real difficulty of the people is poverty. Poverty can’t be solved by charity alone.” Huang Longfei: EP 19

“Gu Jiusi, you’re so great. You’re even better than I thought. So great that I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”- Liu Yuru: EP 20

“It’s okay that I’m a bandit. The title is not that important. For one thing, I don’t kill good people. For another, I don’t abuse women or children. No matter I’m in Cangzhou or Youzhou, my principles are the same. Rob the rich and help the poor. Suppress the strong and aid the weak.”-Shen Ming: EP 22

“You know I used to be a playboy. My money’s gone due to that.”- Gu Jiusi: EP 22 (Lol xD it's just a bluff we know where the money went)

“You guys are well-educated but put on airs and graces as if you’re the most honorable people. You keep talking about the people’s well-being, loyalty, and benevolence. But can’t you see where we are now? Wangdu is in crisis. 300 000 people are counting on you guys to survive. Instead of thinking how to defend the city and protect the people, you try to kill yourselves to avoid responsibility and save your stupid reputation! You cowards deserve to die. How dare you talk about honor with me?”-Ye Shi’an: EP 26

“Live a good life. Show me how a weak woman with an indomitable spirit can live in this chaotic world. When I was in such a situation, I also hoped that there would be a third way for me.”- Lady Xifeng: EP 24

“Today is a life and death battle. If we win, it’s natural to want to be dressed up nicely. If we lose, we’ll die together, so I also must be dressed up nicely.”- Liu Yuru: EP 27

“Jiusi. When I was young, I never thought that one day, I’d actually marry a playboy. I’d actually expanded my business all over Youzhou. I’d actually watched this playboy gradually become a hero who everyone trusts. I’d actually stand with him at the city tower and to protect the people, battle to the last moment. You gave me all these. This life is what I want.”- Liu Yuru: EP 27

“I, Gu Jiusi, will use my body to protect you from wind and rain, to protect your clothing from dust and your hair from frost.”- Gu Jiusi: EP 27

“May I be like the wind and accompany you in your travels of a thousand miles.”- Liu Yuru: EP 27

“I know that in the etiquette of being a husband, there are three ‘Don’t Leave’, don’t leave your wife if she has no maiden family to turn to. Don’t leave your wife if she served and mourned her in-laws three years each. Don’t leave your wife if you get rich after sharing a humble life with her.”- Gu Jiusi: EP 30

“Wed as husband and wife. Love each other without doubt. We’ll reunite if I’m alive. If you die, we’ll miss each other forever.”- Liu Yuru: EP 34

“Only my late wife is the love of my life. She is my wife, always and forever.”- Gu Jiusi: EP 36

“The lamb kneels to suckle and the crows feed their parents. Even animals know to repay their parents’ kindness. This kid got no kindness from his mother at all. Is this God’s way of punishing me?”- Jiang He: EP 37

“It says, for a man, being tied to his wife, children, and household is even worse than being in prison. Being in prison, there’s a date of release. However, his wife and children will never leave him.”- Liu Yuru: EP 37

“I was laughing because you are a stupid coward who doesn’t know good from evil.”- Ye Shi’an: EP 38

“Vying for power is not an act of heroism. It’s the common folk who suffers the toll of war.”- Ye Shi’an: EP 40

“Grand Councilor Gu, how does it feels to be a good man?”- Mingyi: EP 40 (This hits so hard for this character.)

“I want to make more money. But this time, it’s not for us. I want to build many charity halls, schools, and hospitals. It’ll cost a lot of money. I want to give those poor families and even beggars a way out. I hope no one will have to become Luo Zishang again.”- Liu Yuru: EP 40 (Anyone done watching must know what LZS did. This hits hard.) 

FINISHED

Feel free to add your favourite line :)

Thanks for all the impactful quotes throughout the drama. All recollections of lines that you picked were my personal favorite too. I keep on re-watching the scene with the bold lines as well. :)

Shayra Honey:

Thanks for all the impactful quotes throughout the drama. All recollections of lines that you picked were my personal favorite too. I keep on re-watching the scene will the bold lines as well. :)

You're welcome! Thannk you for reading too. Happy to share the same joy with you :D These lines will be in my personal favorite for a long time <3

Thanks for this, I fast forwarded mostly haha ill rewatch again. 

But what I really remembered was Yuner. 

"He's dead. Arrest me.  If he dies,  my brother and Yuru can escape safely. 

And the lady courtesan responded. When she asked why she allowed her to escape. 

" Live a good life. Show me how long a weak woman in this chaotic world can live with an indomitable spirit" 

But i think the the translation is off. 

It should be. 

"Show me how a weak woman with an indomitable spirit can live in this chaotic world. "

I got shivers watching it again. 

This is from a meek girl who was ready to kill herself cus she felt useless and hopeless but decided not to escape with them and buy time for the safety of her loved ones to escape. 

Gosh all the women in here are so strong. 

herah:

" Live a good life. Show me how long a weak woman in this chaotic world can live with an indomitable spirit" 

It should be. 

"Show me how a weak woman with an indomitable spirit can live in this chaotic world. "

This is from a meek girl who was ready to kill herself cus she felt useless and hopeless but decided not to escape with them and buy time for the safety of her loved ones to escape. 

Yes yes I really like that line too. It's just there seems to be 2 versions so I'm not sure which one should I put. 

It's true all women here are strong. I especially liked Lady Xifeng a bit, she did bad things but she had her own silver line. Glad that they don't kill her off. 

herah:

It should be. 

Hi again.. So I will add Lady Xifeng line and one more from Jiusi ep 14. I credited the line translation of Lady Xifeng to user herah.

I hope after our separation, my wife will comb her hair again and draw her brows. We will dissolve our resentment and our bond, without hate for each other. Let’s part ways and live happily. I will offer you several months of living expenses. May you live a long life. Yuru, don’t do anything silly. Live well.” - Gu Jiusi: EP 14

“Live a good life. Show me how a weak woman with an indomitable spirit can live in this chaotic world. When I was in such a situation, I also hoped that there would be a third way for me.”- Lady Xifeng: EP 24

thanks for this...because i really need them

ajoke:

thanks for this...because i really need them

You're welcome! Glad it's useful :D

Thanks for this collection of beautifull prhases. This series is full of deep reflections. Indeed , I think it is the best screenplay written I’ve ever seen (in the most of 200 series that I’ve seen )

In historical series I often skip some scenes or dialogue because I feel they don’t contribute to the hole story. In Destined I couldn’t do it, because every word made sense and added something important.

so many good quotes! I also love the one from  episode 11.

"Climbing higher is not for money or power. But the higher you go, the more you can do for the people. Look at the moon in the sky. Only when it is high up, can it light up the wider mountains and rivers"

- Zhou Ye