Hey, first off I'm well aware that there's a "help find this drama" thread elsewhere but that one seems to be dead or inactive and I feel I'm more likely to find what I'm looking for here so I'm gonna post here instead. 

Anyways,

I watched a few episodes of this drama a while ago so I don't remember much of it but I'll try to describe it to the best of my ability. The show took place I think some time during the 1900s (sorry, very broad), in a city or town. Not sure if the entire drama was based on the city but the few episodes I've seen were focused on it. The female lead worked in an office like setting with other female workers and they took calls or organized papers. She had 2 or 3 kids, I know for sure there was at least a boy and a girl. The husband wasn't at home, either out of town for business or war related reasons or possibly passed away/divorced, don't remember exactly why. One specific episode(s) I remember was one of the kids attempted to commit suicide and failed or got really sick and he/she got put into a hospital and the mother (female lead) had no idea about it because the kids kept it away from the mother. There were 2 other characters, either friends, family or siblings, that constantly kept an eye on the hospitalized kid by sneaking around outside the hospital to peek since they weren't allowed in. The main theme of the drama may or may not have been focused around family but family definitely felt like a huge theme. The family was also poor I think, they lived in a small house. War may have also been a theme because I remember there was a male high ranking officer or some person of rather high power that was close with the female lead that wasn't her husband. Romance may also have been a main theme. As for when this drama aired, I'm not quite sure. I saw this on a chinese tv called iTalkBB but unfortunately they don't have a catalog of programs they show. This drama also doesn't seem well known outside of China which is probably why I had difficulties looking for it. 

Sorry for the lack of detail, I really don't remember too much of it :( If anybody knows any other websites that can help me find this drama, please let me know, thanks!
I'm sorry I have no idea what the drama is but there're two blogs I can recommend if you want to ask about Chinese dramas:
mookiehyun.wordpress.com
hkctvdramas.tumblr.com
I hope you find what you're looking for

Only one i could think that involves kids in the 1900's is Chun Tian Hou Mu Xin but she is the step mother.