One thing I've noticed is that Inn seems to be very passive-aggressive about Namcha and Irin - rightfully so. She obviously has feelings for Namcha but continually gets pushed aside for her sister. At the same time, Namcha is also the only person who really gives her attention, so she's not going to just leave. 

As much as I know I'm gonna get annoyed with her character I really loved Piploy (the actress) in 55:15 Never Too Late. Her character was such a drama queen in that show that I know I'm in for a ride in Devil Sister.

I think Piploy did an excellent job in portraying the emotions! I do understand why Inn did what she did. Namcha has a caring nature and does his best to make someone feel cared for. I believe this is what attracted Inn. Especially since Inn never really receive any attention so when Namcha does accompany her even though unwillingly, she feels happy since someone actually pays attention to her. I think it is also great that Namcha explicitly expressed that his interest is in Irin instead of leading and fooling Inn by giving her false hope.

BunnyWinSnowball:

I think Piploy did an excellent job in portraying the emotions! I do understand why Inn did what she did. Namcha has a caring nature and does his best to make someone feel cared for. I believe this is what attracted Inn. Especially since Inn never really receive any attention so when Namcha does accompany her even though unwillingly, she feels happy since someone actually pays attention to her. I think it is also great that Namcha explicitly expressed that his interest is in Irin instead of leading and fooling Inn by giving her false hope.

I agree, but I feel like it is deeper than that. Yes, she likes Namcha because of his caring nature but if you look at both characters as individuals, they both have a lot in common. Namcha and Inn could be the same age since the whole main issue of the drama is the Age gap between him and Irin. Furthermore, Irin does treat both Namcha (they both have feeling for each other) and Inn as a child and not as an adult even though they are technically an adult.  Not only does Irin not pay attention to her sister but she degrades her because of how young she is, which she does the same to Namcha in Ep 1. Not to mention, she (Inn) does relate to Namcha in the sense that while she has feels for him and it's not really reciprocated, Namcha has feelings for Irin (yes, she does have feeling for him), but she knows that it's not going to be accepted. Which is the whole reason her grandfather is having her marry Jin (their lawyer).  

I don't blame her for feeling the way that she feels even though I don't agree with the way that she is going about it, but I am eager to see what happens next with her character.

That is so true! You are totally right!! Inn could have fallen for Namcha due to their shared predicament so basically Inn perceives Namcha as a kindred spirit and starts developing feelings for him! Nicely spotted! It adds another layer to this series and I am absolutely loving it! Can't wait for more episodes to witness their character development (and also to more Win!!) <3

BunnyWinSnowball:

Agreed, Piploy did so well in making me really think about her character. It's easy to see why Inn fell for Namcha as him and his family(referencing when the grandfather said that Inn goes to his house alot) are the only people that actually give her affection.  

Honestly, I had forgotten the detail about Namcha being very straightforward about his feelings towards Irin, even in the presence of Inn. Which gives me more respect for the character of Namcha.

Midnight_Blue raises a good point on Inn's feelings on the whole matter. Which makes me think that Inn might become an antagonist later on as she's trying to "get back" at Irin.

Greek Irene:

Midnight_Blue raises a good point on Inn's feelings on the whole matter. Which makes me think that Inn might become an antagonist later on as she's trying to "get back" at Irin.

I don't think Inn would necessarily become an antagonist because we have to think about Jin's role in this as well and also their parent's and the role, they play in it as well.  I feel like how Inn feels is bigger than her sister's treatment of her but more so everyone's treatment of her with the exception of Jin, since it looks like he has something for her by the look he gave her about going to the hospital and her sister's whereabouts. Furthermore, this isn't a matter of her "getting back" at her sister because of the way the situation is outlined. When it comes to Inn's feels for Namcha, she isn't blinded by her feelings as she knows that he only loves her sister, so she manipulates the situation of Irin getting married so that she could get what she wants, which is his attention - good or bad. Which Irin plays into this because again, she knows that her grandfather wouldn't allow her to marry Namcha who she loves due to his age, so she wouldn't dare to stand up to him but only accept. So, this makes her extremely jealous when Namcha shows attention to someone else even if it's her own sister of all people.

I feel like Inn has animosity towards her sister if anything due to all the degrading that she has done to her and her constantly overshadowing her. What I really love about this show already is that for two episodes to be already out theirs a lot to unpack for two episodes already. Even though, I know how her character is going to unfold since her intentions were clear since episode 1. I do understand how she feels, which makes her one of the most interesting characters of the show. 

Unpopular opinion: I don't care for Irin because she plays into the whole idea that because one is young that makes them Immature, inexperience, and childish. Which is something that both Namcha and Inn are trying to escape from specifically Namcha as his mother gave him important advice.

I really, really hope they go about Inn's character properly and not go to the antagonist route. She's such an interesting character and I would love to see her character development, that doesn't necessarily have to revolve around Namcha and Irin's relationship. 

Correcting

Delbby:

I really, really hope they go about Inn's character properly and not go to the antagonist route. She's such an interesting character and I would love to see her character development, that doesn't necessarily have to revolve around Namcha and Irin's relationship. 

Correcting the last line: Of course she's going to be bothered by Namcha and Irin's relationship, it'd be weird if she isn't but I want her character to be much more than just being jealous of her sister's relationship and having nothing else about her 

Agreed wih @Delbby! I can fully empathize with Inn. She has got a complex character but in all honesty, she isn't evil. She just represents how we all strive to do our best to get what we want albeit sometimes the action we take may be wrong.

After Ep 3, Looking at Inn's behavior from a different perspective, I don't understand what she could possibly gain from having a crush on Namcha. I don't even know if she actually has a crush on him or she just wants to see her sister lose him as a way of her not always getting what she wants??? Because it's starting to look like Inn wants something that isn't hers and Jin will be the fool to play into her games. I like how they added the flash back of her parents consistently spoiling Irin/paying too much attention to her, which is why Inn feels the way that she does. While also playing on the fact that Irin does have some type of PTSD from witnessing her parent's death all because she wanted to go to the beach. So, we could get more depth of this animosity with Inn. Furthermore, I would love for them to flesh out the relationship between Namcha and Inn because it's obvious that Namcha doesn't like Inn like that, but she is always coming between their sweet moments as if they are in some type of relationship. Moreover, Namcha thinks of her as a friend, but I get the feeling that they are not really friends.

After reading what you said @Midnight_Blue, I start to have a fear. What if Namcha and Inn dated? Like Inn suggested to Namcha to date her so that he can gain experience and mature after she knew Namcha and Irin broke up. Or Inn told Irin that she liked Namcha which made Irin give up Namcha since Irin feels bad for always being the one that gets everything so she wanted to give way to Inn. But I think all will be revealed in the next few episodes? Like they are pacing it instead of flashing out everything at once. Since after all, one should never 'show hand' (poker terms).

BunnyWinSnowball:

After reading what you said @Midnight_Blue, I start to have a fear. What if Namcha and Inn dated? Like Inn suggested to Namcha to date her so that he can gain experience and mature after she knew Namcha and Irin broke up. Or Inn told Irin that she liked Namcha which made Irin give up Namcha since Irin feels bad for always being the one that gets everything so she wanted to give way to Inn. But I think all will be revealed in the next few episodes? Like they are pacing it instead of flashing out everything at once. Since after all, one should never 'show hand' (poker terms). 

Lol! I can totally see the first theory of them dating for experience since she knew that Namcha and Irin broke up.  Because it just doesn't sit right with me by her behavior every time, they are together and how upset she gets with their interactions as if she doesn't know that they like each other. I even thought about the fact that they are even in the same age group just like how Jin and Irin are in the same age group, which is why Irin had felt some type of way when Inn was wearing Namcha's hoodie. I don't know, I'm just ready to see where all this is going to go because this is interesting.

After watching ep 4, my questions have been answered. So, Irin knew about Inn's feelings for Namcha, which is why she broke up with him. For a moment, I thought she broke up with him due to their age gap but because of her sister's feels for him. Furthermore, Inn does really have feels for Namcha so this really kind of isn't about her lack of attention from her sister. This changes a lot of things because now Irin has to tread lightly when it comes to her interaction with Namcha even though she does like him, and he like her. But I am curious as to how both are going to handle this since Namcha isn't really knowledgeable about Inn's feels. I don't even know how I feel about Irin accepting Namcha's advancements but yet having to put on an act so that she doesn't get her sister upset. What I can't wrap my head around is that Inn knows that they have dated back when both were in school, yet both Namcha and Irin thinks that she doesn't know. I just don't understand the idea of her liking someone (in which she is aware of) that obviously doesn't like her back. 

Sidenote: I really don't like Jin because he is sticking his nose into something that doesn't concern him since this is an issue that has occurred before he came into the picture, and he is making things worse. Furthermore, I don't like his tactics of vilifying Irin's relationship/feelings for Namcha since Inn also has feelings for him. Which is why Irin has this feeling that she has to back down just because her sister also has feelings for the same guy, in which we all know that Irin was with him (Namcha) first.

My bad y'all I've been so bad at keeping up with this.

But I also hope that they don't just play Inn as the antagonist role and just that.