Hello ?? I want to know if there is continuation of this drama (Ever Night Season 3) or not

Probably not.

Season 1 ended being a incomplete story.

Season 2 pretty much finished the story with a good ending.

Not sure what season 3 would entail, I think they concluded the series just fine and there is no need for season 3.

Well they had the series planned for 3 seasons, and the 3 scripts were written from the beginning, also they did not finish the story in season 2, and in China, there were rumors about season 3 being planned for 2023, but it's the same as season 2... it took then 3/4 years to air it...

Can anyone tell me how much % of the live action version follows the novel - did it adapt it well?.....please let me know in your reply....thanks

also did season 1 and 2 adapt the whole novel or were they changes and cuts

basically i want to know if i watch the show would i need to read the novel to understand anything or does the show expand on the novels story making it so if you watch it you are satisfied because it tells the novels story and also expands on it......i look forward to your answer

thanks

So the action in the novel develops over a long long span of time, so 1 book was written/adapted for 3 seasons (season 1= kind of an intro, season  2 = changes, character development, and season 3 = the end), it took a long time to air the 2 seasons and there were a lot of changes on the cast from one season to the other and people kind of got angry and dropped the show, putting the third season that was supposed to air in 2023 under a question mark...

The writing is good, even developing some characters in antithesis, in my opinion, the tv adaptation is good as well, capturing things well (even if it took a few years to air the second season and people did not understand the character development blaming the new actor), but with all this said there were changes in the plot and even parts that were completely omitted.

For example, in the book, the main male character is living in a modern world and ends up living and adventure in the pugilistic world remembering everything, in the series this part does not exist (they kind of changed a Xuanhuan genre to a Xianxia). Also, there is a twist in the plot in the book that was changed in the series... or more like canceled, which changed the outcome of the plot a bit.

Normally the book was not finished in the 2 seasons, season 3  should have finished it... reading the book could help one read between the lines when watching the series but also create a bit of disappointment with the changes. 

I loved the action, the acting, the costumes , the character development and growth, and the soundtrack ... all in all, I loved it.

thanks for replying

The adaptation had many changes from the book. Like the opening exam for Academy (not the second floor) only consisted of 6 exams, all individual skills tests. No body is dumb enough to mess with Academy when the headmaster is still alive.  
The prince never attended the Academy. He was sent to the South Xiling School and learned under He mengchi, assistant of Li qingshan. It has significance for a prince to study in Academy. Tang's king is chosen by the headmaster and only the current king of the generation knows that. So if a prince attends the academy, the headmaster chose him as the future king.
The eldest prince of Yan never had the courage to cause trouble in Changan. Those small skirmishes were probably added because there was not much action in the book until Ning que entered the second floor.
The second season had a big change in showing two sangsang. The book never brought back the old sangsang. Sangsang regained her identity of Haotian, so she was very proud and hated those memories of the old sangsang.  

@aaa1820  

How much of the novel is adapted into drama ?

The intro and the middle that is it, they changed things. The conclusion was never added, they cut out the ending part of the novel, so a big part of the story, because the book takes place over a long time period.

Lotus Eater:

@aaa1820  

How much of the novel is adapted into drama ?

The ending scene in season 2 final episode relates to chapter 902 of the novel. The book is 1118 chapters. The last 200 chapters have a lot of fights basically.

Renata MJ:

The intro and the middle that is it, they changed things. The conclusion was never added, they cut out the ending part of the novel, so a big part of the story, because the book takes place over a long time period.

Where can I find the english translation of the original novel?