ColourMePurple:

1. Sure, I'll replace it.

2. Fair point. I'll look into death by suicide.

3. I never knew there was a thing as "personalised recommendations".

Learning so much due to this challenge including exploring genres I normally might not have tried. :)

Thanks for all your help!

Glad to read that you are learning new things and exploring new genres, that is a big part of what we try to do with this challenge.  

MDL Watch Challenge 2022:

Glad to read that you are learning new things and exploring new genres, that is a big part of what we try to do with this challenge.  

Mission successful! Previously my go to genres were Thrillers, Mystery, or Action series and mainly kdramas. However, I explored and discovered so many things.
1. Watched my first show from the Philippines.
2. Discovered that "historical" genre titles are not necessarily boring.
3. Watched more romance dramas than I thought I would. A genre that I didn't care much for last year.
4. Didn't know they had shows based on COVID19.
5. Realised that I could watch a horror title (as long as it's mildly scary).
6. Discovering the various sections of MDL like trailers, articles, recommendations page and airing calendar to look for new shows.

The only hard parts are that it's tough to finish 250 titles. Maybe I can get to 90. And of course figuring out what to place where since one title can match several categories while some are very specific and it can be hard to find shows or movies that not only fit but also something I feel like watching (eg, the type writer category where it's not as easy to find shows that aren't already listed).

Overall, it's a lot of fun so great job to everyone involved! :D

ColourMePurple I felt pretty much the same way last year when I did the challenge for the first time, I don't think anyone of us in the team plans on watching  250 titles , also remember you can move stuff as much as you want untill you hand it in + use peppermint for those where you don't find something you want to watch. 

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience I know it means a lot to both me and the rest of the team ❤️

Shiro:

ColourMePurple I felt pretty much the same way last year when I did the challenge for the first time, I don't think anyone of us in the team plans on watching  250 titles , also remember you can move stuff as much as you want untill you hand it in + use peppermint for those where you don't find something you want to watch. 

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience I know it means a lot to both me and the rest of the team ❤️

I dont think that watching 250 titles is hard part, i have already watched 187 titles but the hardest part is to find some place where you can write down watched titles because you cant fit it anywhere.

Apollymi:

I dont think that watching 250 titles is hard part, i have already watched 187 titles but the hardest part is to find some place where you can write down watched titles because you cant fit it anywhere.

When it comes to how many titles people watch it is highly individual also the type of title some will watch 10 full length dramas with 50 episodes 1 hr each while others will watch 250 mostly web dramas, and other mix it up... It is of course possible to finish all but it is not the main point of the challenge and nothing people should feel they have to do to take part as we really want both those who watch 250 titles  and those who watch 10 titles to feel welcome to be part of it.  

What do you mean by not having a place to write watched titles?  feel free to D.M me if you need help wit that. 

Shiro:

When it comes to how many titles people watch it is highly individual also the type of title some will watch 10 full length dramas with 50 episodes 1 hr each while others will watch 250 mostly web dramas, and other mix it up... It is of course possible to finish all but it is not the main point of the challenge and nothing people should feel they have to do to take part as we really want both those who watch 250 titles  and those who watch 10 titles to feel welcome to be part of it.  

What do you mean by not having a place to write watched titles?  feel free to D.M me if you need help wit that. 

I assumed they meant that there are a lot of categories their titles don't fit into (which might have a large % with similar themes/genres etc and mostly be very recent, from the same place etc-more homogenous than the 250 category set)... I always fill the hardest/most rare for me categories first ie if I watch something from the 80s it'll probably go there or if I watch something about martial arts it'll likely go into whichever MA related category it matches since I'm not much for sports related shows and most Asian content before 2000 is a bit hard to watch in terms of quality (some films obvious exceptions, but I mostly watch dramas). I also move mine around a lot to fit the categories!

for Block 14/1 - Watch a title  on your Recommendations page, do we have to choose a drama or can it be a movie (using the Type filter at the top of the page)?

ElBee:
I assumed they meant that there are a lot of categories their titles don't fit into (which might have a large % with similar themes/genres etc and mostly be very recent, from the same place etc-more homogenous than the 250 category set)...

You are rightH, i watched a lot of titles that are similar and then i cant find free place because there is already some title so i dont know where to write title:  Am I the Queen Mother Today, This Young Hero Is a Little Cold, I Want to Live to the Finale, Seal of Love and also titles that i am currently watching: Cheating Men Must Die, Ru Hua Ru Tu Season 2 and Lovely, Still. Its just i cant help it if i want to watch it, i will. So maybe i will end up with watching a lot of more than 260 titles.

Apollymi:

You are rightH, i watched a lot of titles that are similar and then i cant find free place because there is already some title so i dont know where to write title:  Am I the Queen Mother Today, This Young Hero Is a Little Cold, I Want to Live to the Finale, Seal of Love and also titles that i am currently watching: Cheating Men Must Die, Ru Hua Ru Tu Season 2 and Lovely, Still. Its just i cant help it if i want to watch it, i will. So maybe i will end up with watching a lot of more than 260 titles.

The peppermint ones you can get creative with, but I think I spend more time trying to find where to put them than I spend deciding what to watch. :P 

sone:

for Block 14/1 - Watch a title  on your Recommendations page, do we have to choose a drama or can it be a movie (using the Type filter at the top of the page)?

Recommendations can be any type of content! 

Shiro:

Glad I could share. 💜 It's quite fun. I might use peppermints in December if I couldn't figure out shows for certain categories by then. 

Do you have any suggestions on how to organise titles? At the moment, I'm using notes to keep tabs on where to put a particular title especially if they fit more than one category until find another title that can fit one of those. Any better way that you or others can help with? 

One more question, if there's a variety show, can a particular season (with its own page) be listed in a category that uses the words "a title where...".

To be specific, EXchange 2 fits the categories visiting a food market, someone studying or living abroad, cohabitation, etc. Since I'm already watching it, it would be great if I can use it for one of these categories. Will make it easier for me.

Apollymi:

Just curious how you managed to complete that many titles. Are you watching mostly movies or short dramas? 

ColourMePurple:

Just curious how you managed to complete that many titles. Are you watching mostly movies or short dramas? 

I have watched a lot of short movies and short dramas because there were some that i wanted to watch it and also i wanted to save some time for long dramas that i know i will watch them.

Apollymi:

I have watched a lot of short movies and short dramas because there were some that i wanted to watch it and also i wanted to save some time for long dramas that i know i will watch them.

That's great! Maybe I will look through your list for ideas on some sections I'm having a tough time with. If you don't mind, could you DM me the link to your post?

ColourMePurple

1.  The notes it to help you out with just that. But basically fill it as you go along, and then when the ending gets close just look over where you there are titles missing to complete the blocks you want, then you can either watch or move titles from blocks you do not think you will watch... or  if you find a title that only fits a certain recipe that you have already watched. If that recipe fits elsewhere just move it and put the other as you go along... I do not know if this helps or if I am just adding to the confusion... ha ha sorry... 

2. If it says Title-  then it means anything listed on MDL  that includes tv shows so yes