My Theory on how this drama gets going plus how this drama is structured.

Fox Spirit Matchmaker is a collection of 10 stories/arcs which involve the 2 main characters which Yang Mi & Gong Jun will be playing however my opinion from watching the entire series it's really 9 stories because 2 link together being the final 2 arcs. I have been reading from posters just focusing on the Hong Yue Arc and seriously they could not be more wrong. These chapters you can watch in under an hour on YouTube so don't think they will dedicate 40 hour long episodes for 1 chapter.

They have commited to making 3 part series so I feel will be 3 chapters per drama series involving YM & GJ. They are commiting to a 2 year project not 8-10 years, they eventually want to move onto other projects at later stage & stay fresh.

The 3 Chapters in the drama I am 100% confident they will focus on;
Water Bead Arc which is Arc 1
Hong Yue Arc which is Arc 3
Qianyan Arc which is Arc 5

The order I believe they will air it in the drama will be 3-1-5.... Hong Yue which is what the drama name is, is the chapter of the backstory of the leads in the past life, before Yang Mi character transitions into her new character & Gong Jun human past life. The other 2 Arcs are really just now chapters of adventures the main leads take throughout the series. I will add by watching & taking notes on the anime & reviewing the cast selection that they deliberately chose these 3 arcs to make the story fun & easy for the viewers to catch on.
- Water Bead Arc is a super basic story, will be short 7-8 episodes
- Qianyan Arc & Hong Yue Arc are the strength of the drama. They will start & leave on high notes, both should have least 15 episodes each.

Based on Yang Mi eye injury I think the filming will change in this way, by watching all 3 arcs the contribution shifts everytime.
- Water Bead Arc I feel Yang Mi involvement at least 50-60%
- Hong Yue Arc it's 80-90%
- Qianyan Arc least 20-30%

Right now Yang Mi is sidelined, they can film majority of Qianyan Arc and at least half of Water Bead Arc. I believe productivity will suffer without Yang Mi to some degree but this is still way to go in the interim.

Interesting theory! I honestly hope the modern scenes won't be included, because I can't see either of the leads pulling off playing teenagers realistically.

For myself, I suspect they'll pull some of the relevant material from the manhua that doesn't appear in the animation. Apparently, there is more on what Dongfang Yuechu did between leaving Tushan and the due. Presumably Honghong would also have some scenes during those events. During this time: Dongfang became famous; Dongfang became leader of the Daoist alliance; Dongfang and Wangquan met and befriended each other; Dongfang and Wangquan came into conflict with the Black Foxes; the Black Foxes framed Tushan for something. These are all skimmed over/implied in the Hong Yue arc in the animation, but future manhua chapters apparently covered some of the details. Because Yang Mi is the FL, they're probably going to add more scenes for Honghong.

Gong Jun and Yang Mi might not appear in the Zhuye arc at all, since that focuses on the previous generation. They would probably make a few appearances in the Wangquan installment. It's possible they may even recycle footage from Hong Yue for Wangquan, since the only scenes they'd need Gong Jun and Yang Mi for would be the ones they shared with Wangquan Fugui and Qingtong (and which may have been filmed already for Hong Yue). It's possible it might not be a whole lot more filming than for a non-installment xianxia drama.

Let's wait and see what the official announcements say.

Does anyone know where can I watch donghua from ep 138 to 145

You know what is funny, go back to earlier comments I made on this thread were I pointed out that Yang Mi 36 & Gong Jun 30 playing 16 year old kids. I got heaps of backlash for it. I am pointing out exactly what you have said just now.

I have made plenty of notes on how I think this drama will be structured. Long and Short both YM & GJ will be between Modern & Fantasy costumes for this drama. Reason is because that's the role of the Fox Spirit Matchmaker to re-unite Humans from their Past Life with the Spirit each have commited to being with in the next life, if YM & GJ don't get in modern clothes then change the drama title.

Going by the cast aswell. They have made key references aswell to the characters they will be playing in this drama....

Lawrence Wang will be playing the Sand Spirit (Fan Yunfei) & Dai Si will be playing the Ice General. This story is to do with the Water Bead Arc1 story.

Wang Hedi plays Yan Ruyu the Bull Spirit & Zhu Xudan plays Lu Jianwen the Spirit Police. Arc5 Qianyan story. Both this story & Acr 1, YM & GJ have to travel between different time lines. I won't go into Arc 3 because it's back story in my opinion which that story is focused on the Main Leads.

People on this page who think they are experts on this don't see these little things & ask questions. Some think this drama will just focus on just one Arc & bring in characters that are irrelevant to that 1 Arc. One thing I am hopeful which will make this a fun drama is I believe this will be a super quick pacing drama. They will fly through these stories. 

I am still convinced both YM & GJ will make appearances in the other 2 drama series. Don't forget they are just using the names as titles, they might have limited showing in the ZhuYe Arc story as you pointed its to do with another life but they are doing 10 arcs into 3 Dramas. Go on YouTube you can watch an Arc story in about 60-70 minutes. These Drama series they are doing are 40 episodes per installment so they are doing the 10 Arcs.

I think Yang Mi & Gong Jun aren't the kind of actors that want to be credited as support casts either

Nevermind:

Does anyone know where can I watch donghua from ep 138 to 145

Good question, S10 they must of removed on YouTube, I will have to get back to you with this one 

Alejandro_Ortega:

I am still convinced both YM & GJ will make appearances in the other 2 drama series. Don't forget they are just using the names as titles, they might have limited showing in the ZhuYe Arc story as you pointed its to do with another life but they are doing 10 arcs into 3 Dramas. Go on YouTube you can watch an Arc story in about 60-70 minutes. These Drama series they are doing are 40 episodes per installment so they are doing the 10 Arcs.

I think Yang Mi & Gong Jun aren't the kind of actors that want to be credited as support casts either

I think they're going to do something similar to what the Marvel movies do...where super heroes with their own movies may make short appearances in the other heroes' movies. 

mukkanna:

I think they're going to do something similar to what the Marvel movies do...where super heroes with their own movies may make short appearances in the other heroes' movies. 

Do u think Wang quan Fugui will appear in this yuehong arc in the drama? I mean the actor will be there? If so then i wonder who

I think it's almost 100% that Wangquan Fugui will appear in the Yue Hong installment because he's pretty much intrinsic to Dongfang Yuechu's master plan. I suppose there's always the possibility that they'll somehow hide his appearance (with camera angles, shadows, etc) if they don't have an actor cast already. This production has been quite secretive, as we don't even know who's playing Tushan Yaya (or confirmed anyone other than Gong Jun and Yang Mi; everything else is just rumors, I think). It's entirely possible they have an actor selected and are just keeping it hush-hush.

mukkanna:

I think it's almost 100% that Wangquan Fugui will appear in the Yue Hong installment because he's pretty much intrinsic to Dongfang Yuechu's master plan. I suppose there's always the possibility that they'll somehow hide his appearance (with camera angles, shadows, etc) if they don't have an actor cast already. This production has been quite secretive, as we don't even know who's playing Tushan Yaya (or confirmed anyone other than Gong Jun and Yang Mi; everything else is just rumors, I think). It's entirely possible they have an actor selected and are just keeping it hush-hush.

You are right about this, as per the anime the characters closest to the main leads as pivotal supports are:

Wang Quan Fugai who does appear in the other arcs, he is the cousin of Gong Jun character.... The sisters are important to Yang Mi character & part of their job as Fox Spirit Matchmakers they also appear in multiple arcs.

There is a 80% chance he might get excluded as they might to add him into the next drama installment 'Wang Quan' edition because this one will be specific to his story with the Spider Spirit plus to also make this drama friendly for the audience not adding to much complex dialogue. By reviewing the 3 arcs I believe will be featured in this drama 1, 3 & 5 I think they can get away with excluding his character & still make the story/drama flow well. I could be wrong with this assessment haha but for now going with gut feeling.

This is a character I think the producers will also want to chase a big name to play his role plus a big female name to play Qintong the Spider Spirit his female love interest.

mukkanna:

I think so too. Other than Arc 3 where the prime focus is on the Main Leads YM & GJ, the other Arcs focus on different characters.

Arc 1 it's Lawrence Wang & Dai Si story which YM & GJ will be like Master of Ceremonies characters

Arc 5 it's Wang Hedi & Zhu Xudan story which again YM/GJ Master of Ceremonies characters