flourpowerphd:

I just finished episode 10, too! The time leap was a bit jarring; I'm not sure I was totally on board with the whole purgatory storyline. But I'm glad we got to see what would have happened if Linh was honest. And the adult leads, maybe their roles should have been switched. Physically, adult Khahn looked a little more like teen Dang and vice versa..? Lol

But the series really broke a barrier here, doing a more musical format. I wish they would have leaned into even more bc the songs were gorgeous! I need the ost. I may have to dl the videos and crop just the songs. 

And yes, the chemistry between the leads was palpitating. ? Their IGs reflect that. They do extreme fan service if they're not really together.  Today's post was so cute!! 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C97pkJOyP8Z/?igsh=N2U4Zms1a2xwbXox

I 100% agree about the casting for adult Khanh & Dang. The actor they cast as adult-Khanh just actually looked like Dang which made it all the more confusing/baffling.  Jarring is a good way to describe the time skip! I can see why it wasn't a popular move, but I appreciated them taking a big risk. It wasn't necessarily the direction I wanted the end of the series to go, but I'm glad we got a version of a happy ending where Linh told the truth. 

That post was so cute!! I really hope we get to see more of these two in another project.  The whole cast did a great job but they really were the standouts.  I hope a talented editor will see this show and will be inspired to make some fan edits/supercuts of this couple!

Thanks for watching and chatting with me! I'm glad to know someone else enjoyed this unique musical BL as much as I did. 

Shasha:

The owners of the site, Administrators  Skye-N-Rain and Ji-N! And if they do not want it, we will not get it, no matter how much we ask for it! So you might as well forget about it!

That's interesting, thanks for the information!

I have been watching vietnamese bls for about two years now and what surprises me every time is the originality of topics very often anchored in real life, as well as excellent writing and cinematography(they often film outside) in spite of an obvious low budget. You can find the list of all vietnamese bl series here:

https://world-of-bl.com/index.php/Main/Shows-Country#Vietnam

Have you seen the two following music videos/short films? These are something else!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d6IiLmjQYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z7B-lNpecs

But back to this one: Under the oak tree is a musical bl with beautiful songs smoothly incorporated into the plot (which is not easy!) all within spookily empty sets(low budget!). But who cares, I was into the story and wanted to know how it would turn out. And even though the time jump was messy, to say the least (they did not give it enough time to properly develop), I liked the idea of a possible redemption and Yin & Yang in the Purgatory were hilarious!

Wow!! I had not seen those MV/short films but I was just totally blown away!  The production, the costumes, the story telling... I can see why people in the comments are begging for these to be turned into a full drama. But sometimes less is more! Short film is an art in and of itself. Thank you so much for sharing those. 

I looked at the list you provided for Vietnamese BL dramas and I've seen ~20 of the shows on the list. My highest rated Vietnamese dramas are: Stupid Boys Stupid Love, You Are Ma Boy, Want to See You (and now also UtOT).  I definitely agree with your general comment on Vietnamese BLs - the topics are interesting, they can be low budget but I love the location (outside) shoots, and there is some great acting! Have to give a shoutout to the V-BL king Ba Vinh (he and his current screen partner in 'Be Your Star' are doing some great work).  I remember when GMM announced "Last Twilight" I thought, "That's the plot to 'Want to See You!'". 

I really enjoyed the theatricality of purgatory, and Yin & Yang were hilarious.!

mayor_christin:
I remember when GMM announced "Last Twilight" I thought, "That's the plot to 'Want to See You!'".

Same here!!! That's why I never watched it: I did not want to see GMMTV (and the main actors Jimmy and Sea, who I am not a fan of)  ruin the vietnamese original. They said that Last Twilight is based on a book but it is so obviously a copy of Want To See You with a bigger budget!