souvlaki, tzatziki?

Street tacos(carne asada), refried beans, and rice and Mexican Coca Cola 

Helo_Mek_in_Vegas:

Street tacos(carne asada), refried beans, and rice and Mexican Coca Cola 

Hubby had Mexican Coke when we ate at the Guatemalan place a few weeks ago.  He didn't think it was as sweet as ours.  I gave up Cokes for the most part 5 years ago and had a sip of it.  Tasted like nectar to me!  Coke is always best out of a glass bottle.   

The Butterfly:

Hubby had Mexican Coke when we ate at the Guatemalan place a few weeks ago.  He didn't think it was as sweet as ours.  I gave up Cokes for the most part 5 years ago and had a sip of it.  Tasted like nectar to me!  Coke is always best out of a glass bottle.   

Mexican Coke is made out of sugar cane. It tastes vastly better. Coke in the US is made out of corn syrup. That’s why.

PeachBlossomGoddess:

Mexican Coke is made out of sugar cane. It tastes vastly better. Coke in the US is made out of corn syrup. That’s why.

Sadly, I know. He likes Mt Dew and was able to find some once made of cane sugar.  Does make a difference.  But as you probably know corn syrup is in nearly everything over here.  :/

cream tuna pasta

The Butterfly:

It's the only one I drink now, for years.. staying away from HFCS as best as I can. Most taco shops around Vegas have them and other flavors and also from the Latin Markets.

The Butterfly:

Sadly, I know. He likes Mt Dew and was able to find some once made of cane sugar.  Does make a difference.  But as you probably know corn syrup is in nearly everything over here.  :/

Mexico grows sugar cane so most of their soft drinks use sugar cane instead of corn syrup. I used to go out of my way to buy Mexican soft drinks when I lived in NY. But I am not a big consumer myself I am mostly a water and wine drinker but I    keep them around for my friends. 

JesusFan:

souvlaki, tzatziki?

Souvlaki is a delicious Greek street food and tzatziki, one of its ingredients, is a refreshing cold side dish:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souvlaki

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzatziki