JJChastity:

penel, would you list the members of our club and put it in the front page of the forum? 

I could help listing them if you want. ^-^

Great idea! I will do so later today :)

I made some banners

Poia:
I made some banners

Wow, they look awesome!  Thank you for designing them!  :)

Poia:

oh well ain;t showing quoted images lol 

anyway, black and white feels like it was made to fit my bio lol 

I completed To Kill a Mockingbird

I loved the family saga and the period is set in. I love how the author was able to portray that specific historical period by simply telling us the story of a family by the POV of one little girl. 

I didn't enjoy that much how she introduced the criminal case only in the last part and turn the book almost all about that, forgetting at all the initial mystery about the neighbor. I think this part could have been merged better into the story.  

Curiosity: In Italian the book is called "Il buio oltre la siepe". Translated: "the dark beyond the hedge" (referring to the neighbor) thus using a completely different metaphor from that of the original title.  Our title associates the mystery/fear about the neighbor as a dark thing like the atmosphere of that period. While the original title refers to the sin of killing an innocent animal, referring to the criminal case where innocent people were accused and one end up dead.  Not a spoiler because it's based on a true case. 

My other book was war and peace, but I end up with a free trial of Audible and found out there is the entire Harry Potter saga read by one of our best Italian voice, so I jump in that and I have reached the 4th book already. Together I am reading an Italian classic by Pirandello.

- I FIXED THE BANNER POST -

Poia:

I made some banners

these are beautiful *-* thank you ❤

I'll edit my profile later. I'll have 2 dark cult banners and 2 book club banners. Cause one is never enough lol

Poia:

I made some banners

They are wonderful! You're awesome! Thanks a lot, dear friend ❤ Our profiles will be so very beautiful!

JJChastity:

How's your result in February? Did you finish your book? 

I would like to search audiobook for free as well. 

anyah, only read 133  pages of 388

I don't use actual audiobook, but when I do is with read the text app ones, they don't have the romantic tone of audiobooks 

Poia:

I made some banners

cool! kamsamida

thank you, Poia! gonna get the third.

Hi guys! Just finished Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo and I am more intrigued with her Grishaverse series.

Poia:

I made some banners

Thanks poia. I will use the 5th one. They are all lovely.

Kapetria:

anyah, only read 133  pages of 388

I don't use actual audiobook, but when I do is with read the text app ones, they don't have the romantic tone of audiobooks 

you read more than me. I only read 57 pages in February. I hope I can finish it in March. 

I never try audiobook before. I'll try to see if I can read the books first this March. If not I will try audiobook.

Thanks Poia for the banners. They all look amazing! I didn't want to make a reply & so I  put it in an updated book list.

• I finished Tuck everlasting.. The first part of the book went really slow for me. I ended up skimming the first part when Winnie went on a nature walk. It picks up when Winnie finds the spring. 

What I liked
The philosophical moments when Winnie met the Tucks.
The mystery behind guy in the yellow hat.
When Winnie wanted to protect the family.

" It don’t make sense. If I knowed how to climb back on the wheel, I’d do it in a minute. You can’t have living without dying, So you can’t call it living, what we got. We just are, we just be, like rocks beside the road.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I also finished reading paper things. The book was heartfelt. I liked the people who helped them when the siblings were homeless. Using paper to create an imaginary world sounds fun.

What I liked
The idea behind the paper people
Spirit week shenanigans & the wish planes

“Wishing for one thing will wipe out lots of other possibilities. Instead, I’ll wait to see what happens next."

Thank you @penel for gathering 28 of book lovers in here. ❤