Vya van Velaris:
Hello guys, I'd like to join this club. :)

Hey there, dear friend!

Welcome to the club  :)

I see you're reading Priest, perfect timing as a number of her books will get drama adaptations this year, along with the 2 that already aired.  Hopefully WoH will be successful  :D

penel:
Welcome! Glad you joined us and looking forward to your comments and recommendations :)

Thanks, Penel! :)

WandereR:

Hey there, dear friend!

Welcome to the club  :)

I see you're reading Priest, perfect timing as a number of her books will get drama adaptations this year, along with the 2 that already aired.  Hopefully WoH will be successful  :D

Haha.. actually I have to thank you and Sony_t, seeing your last convo reminded me to join this club. 

And yes, WoH is definitely one of the best adaptations for Priest. I've also read Sha Po Lang, and am really curious about the upcoming drama

I just realized there are other people who have read/are reading some books in Grisha verse also. :)

I'm so excited for the upcoming series Shadow and Bone, especially the Six of Crows part! I've been waiting for more than a year for this, and Netflix has finally set the release date to April 23. See the trailer here.

Vya van Velaris:
Haha.. actually I have to thank you and Sony_t, seeing your last convo reminded me to join this club. 

And yes, WoH is definitely one of the best adaptations for Priest. I've also read Sha Po Lang, and am really curious about the upcoming drama. 

Hehe, you're welcome  :D

I heard from a few friends reading SPL that it's arguably Priest's best work and the world-building is massive, complete with steampunk elements.  Hopefully the adaptation does the book justice.

Vya van Velaris:

I just realized there are other people who have read/are reading some books in Grisha verse also. :)

I'm so excited for the upcoming series Shadow and Bone, especially the Six of Crows part! I've been waiting for more than a year for this, and Netflix has finally set the release date to April 23. See the trailer here.

The trailer looks awesome!  And it has steampunk theme too in what looks almost like the Regency setting.  The flying ships are kind of like Blessed Girl without the pretty fish  :D

WandereR:
I heard from a few friends reading SPL that it's arguably Priest's best work and the world-building is massive, complete with steampunk elements.  Hopefully the adaptation does the book justice.

I've only read 2 novels from Priest, so I can't say if it's the best work, but the world building is indeed impressive. It's like the Iron Man of C-historical stories. :D 

Actually when reading it, I was so convinced it wouldn't be turned into a drama, because they need  a deep pocket for CGI and costumes. So I'm curious how the drama will be. Hoping for the best.

WandereR:
The trailer looks awesome!  And it has steampunk theme too in what looks almost like the Regency setting.  The flying ships are kind of like Blessed Girl without the pretty fish  :D

Shadow and Bone series is based on the Russian Empire of early 1800. Six of Crows based on the Dutch Republic era of Amsterdam (1500-1700). 

Lol, prettiness is definitely not a factor in this series. It's much darker and more mature than Blessed Girl.

Vya van Velaris:

Thanks, Penel! :)

And yes, WoH is definitely one of the best adaptations for Priest. I've also read Sha Po Lang, and am really curious about the upcoming drama

Welcome!!! Looking forward to exchanging book recs :) 

I’m rereading SPL to refresh my memory in anticipation of the drama. lol

All In The Mind by Gene Henderson

Year: 1954

Pages: 21

Genre: Science Fiction

"A check and recheck brought the same answer, one that he had at first refused to believe --his thoughts had been responsible." 

I picked this one first coz it's short and free. As the title implies, the story is a clever, intriguing premise of two scientists whose experiment had been in trouble so one of them made a brilliant idea to compromise by using the another (: in other words, mad scientist trope.

Good thing I found a different cover of the book that illustrates the scenario coz I wracked my brain trying to imagine how it would be that caused me to read it twice and grasp the absurdity the second time. In the end, I like how the entity formulates the course of his existence.

I'm currently having trouble finding websites to read books can someone help me, please?? I usually read like a physical book not online so I'm not familiar with this.

Lately, I'm interested in reading Chinese -translated books. I read "the grandmaster of demonic cultivation", the "are you addicted series?" (2 books), and some of the "heaven Offical blessing". Can someone recommend to me some books similar to them and where to read them? 

*I also want to try out books from Priest because I'm currently watching word of honor and I heard that many of the books of the author is very good

kaisrexci:

All In The Mind by Gene Henderson

Year: 1954

Pages: 21

Genre: Science Fiction

"A check and recheck brought the same answer, one that he had at first refused to believe --his thoughts had been responsible." 

I picked this one first coz it's short and free. As the title implies, the story is a clever, intriguing premise of two scientists whose experiment had been in trouble so one of them made a brilliant idea to compromise by using the another (: in other words, mad scientist trope.

Good thing I found a different cover of the book that illustrates the scenario coz I wracked my brain trying to imagine how it would be that caused me to read it twice and grasp the absurdity the second time. In the end, I like how the entity formulates the course of his existence.

Thanks a lot for this intriguing recommendation, dear friend!

penel:

Thanks a lot for this intriguing recommendation, dear friend!

you're welcome! it's a well-made short, found it on Aldiko.

kaisrexci:

you're welcome! it's a well-made short, found it on Aldiko.

Already found it in pdf! I might read it this weekend ^^

HaruHaru081906:

I'm currently having trouble finding websites to read books can someone help me, please?? I usually read like a physical book not online so I'm not familiar with this.

Lately, I'm interested in reading Chinese -translated books. I read "the grandmaster of demonic cultivation", the "are you addicted series?" (2 books), and some of the "heaven Offical blessing". Can someone recommend to me some books similar to them and where to read them? 

*I also want to try out books from Priest because I'm currently watching word of honor and I heard that many of the books of the author is very good

Novel updates (https://www.novelupdates.com) is the place to go to read translated novels.  https://exiledrebelsscanlations.com  also translate a fair amount of novels (They are the group that translated CQL) additionally try Wattpad as well. 

* Novel Updates is a good place to find Priest’s translated novels.

HaruHaru081906:

There's this app called Novel Reader I started using and it has a lot of Chinese web novels. I'm new to this as well so I don't have any recommendations for books similar to those but I hope this helped.

HaruHaru081906:

You can find info and links to fan-translation novels in novelupdates.com. On a novel page there, scroll down, you'll see the link to released chapters on column "Release". The first chapter is usually on the later pages, so go to the last page. 

For books similar to what you mentioned: 

There are also lists curated by the readers there. You might want to check this list or this one for the ones that have anime/live action adaptation.

sony_t:
I’m rereading SPL to refresh my memory in anticipation of the drama. lol

Wow. That's quite a long book to re-read. ^.^ 

I'm planning to check Silent Reading (also by Priest).  There's also a drama adaptation coming for that book: Light the Darkness.

sony_t:

Novel updates (https://www.novelupdates.com) is the place to go to read translated novels.  https://exiledrebelsscanlations.com  also translate a fair amount of novels (They are the group that translated CQL) additionally try Wattpad as well. 

* Novel Updates is a good place to find Priest’s translated novels.

thank you