So I have seen a lot of good and decent dramas and shows with 7.0 or 7.5 ratings and that's typically the lowest ratings I will consider watching because knowing reviews and ratings in MDL are generally low. I even see some shows with 6.0 or lower just because it was not on a streaming platform they preferred or they don't like someone from the cast and I consider them decent shows.

Generally, I consider a 7.0 or 7.5 rating to be above average and is worth giving a try.

For whatever reason (and I'm curious about what some of them actually are), but if it's a J-drama, ratings are much, much lower than others. Even if the drama just started airing and hardly anyone has watched yet, they're almost always in the 7.0-7.5 range. (And same with some Taiwanese dramas.)

I also watch a LOT of C-dramas and the shorter they are the lower the ratings seem to be. There seems to be lots of stupid reasons why people rate dramas low on here.

I've pretty much stopped caring about what the ratings are for dramas and I just watch them if I want to.

I've mostly given up on MDL ratings. For a while I paid more attention to reviews and comments but even those have led me badly astray. Three of my favourites have pages of bad reviews because I don't know, it's like the writers and directors expected more attention and intelligence from the audience than the majority of western viewers are willing to give. 

The exceptions are some hidden gems with few viewers because those who seek them out are generally going to give them enough attention to understand them.

For me, it's been a long road of learning who I can trust to make or recommend quality, whether it's directors, production companies or fans, and what I'm best off avoiding.

I've been steadily working my way through a list I made myself of horror anthology dramas as I love them, especially if the stories somehow interconnect. Those tend to always end up with low ratings (but then horror tends to score very badly in general).

Some of my favourite dramas have extremely high ratings on here, but for the most part, MDL scores seem a poor indicator of what I'd enjoy myself which is fine. If a synopsis catches my attention I read the comments and reviews, and if I'm still interested I'll try watching an episode. It sometimes takes some digging to find those hidden gems but well worth it.