Berd:
I've been wanting to read French novels to help me preserve my French. Do you have any others you'd recommend?  

I read a bit of everything but I particularly like thriller novel. To start with I recommend "Rien ne t'efface" by Michel Bussi. Hope you can enjoy it. 

Hi, guys. Here's what I finished in February:

China in the Age of Xi Jinping, by Michael Dillon: Like I've said, this is basically a PRC for Dummies-kind of book. I'd say everything you read here can be found on Wikipedia. It wasn't anything special, but it's a good enough primer for me.

Silent Parade: A crime novel by Higashino Keigo. Lots of twists and turns, which is very typical of him. A perfect comfort read (for me).

Life for Sale: This is not something you'd expect from Mishima Yukio. I mean, it's not entirely free of the philosophical musings you'd find in his more serious works, but make no mistake, this is basically a pulp novel--and quite a fun one, I should say.

Alright yall this month I finished Cannonball by Kelsey Wroten. I had another book I was really trying to finish this month, but I just haven't done it yet. Imma be honest, this book was not something I jivved with. But I stuck with it because I was determined to finish something this month! Loved the art though. 

Hi! This month went better than the last few. Maybe it's 'cause of this forum and my cousin motivating me but anyways I'm grateful nonetheless. Wishing you all a happy and blessed March !

Also, thank you @ManUtiavN for the French recs <3

4/55/54/53/5

Ah!  I don't think I finished any book this month.  Unless you count Start Now! which I read for class.  I was also reading Turtle in Paradise, but I misplaced the book and haven't finished it yet.

Hi friends!

Sharing my reading update...

February 2022 - Completed: The Betel Nut Tree Mystery

Completed book 2 of the Crown Colony series by Ovidia Yu. Thanks in part to my work travel this month, I spent most of the time in the plane and hotels reading the book.

From an amateur sleuth in book 1 to a newly formed detective unit here, this time the murder mystery involves a nefarious grand scheme and a whole lot of betel juice, hence the title for this story. Fun but somewhat more convoluted. An easy read that's perfect for travelling  :)

March 2022: The Paper Bark Tree Mystery

For this month, I'll be starting book 3, the next one in the same series. Since I'm watching more slice-of-life dramas these days, will read detective investigations instead!

Have a great month ahead and happy reading to all! <3

February was a good reading month for me. :)

★ ★☆ ☆ ☆ 
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 
★ ★ ★ ★☆ 
★ ★ ★☆ ☆ 
★ ★☆ ☆ ☆ 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Electric Idol - This was a another modern retelling of Greek mythology, but this time it's about Eros and Psyche.  While I do love contract marriage stories, this wasn't that impressive.

To Carve a Fae Heart - It's been awhile since I read some fae related stories.  This was okay, but it's only the beginning of the series, so I decided the give the rest of the series a chance.

To Wear a Fae Crown - This was much better than the first novel.  We finally learned more about the main character and things got much more exciting. FL is a badass.

To Spark A Fae War - It's a pity, this started off with the same charged momentum from where they left off in book 2, but the rest of the novel was so draggy and anticlimactic.

Midnight Sun - Basically Twilight told from Edward's perspective.  I remember being really into the novels during highschool before the movies came out. I vaguely remember Edward being creepy, but was he this creep!??  Especially when things are told from his perspective, it's super cringey.   But basically, most of his thoughts are "Bella is a magnet for trouble. Must protect Bella."  Edward is such an uninteresting character.

The City We Became - I LOVED this book so much.  It does a fantastic job of representing New York City and its boroughs.  If you're looking for a refreshing fantasy, I would recommend this in a heartbeat...it's just that  you might need to have to an understanding of NYC and the dynamics of its boroughs to really appreciate it.   There's a good chance you'll enjoy it regardless anyway.

For March, I'm currently reading the Everless series by Sara Holland.

Book Update for February-March:

This month I managed to finish two books and start a third one.
Two of these books were recommendations from my youngest daughter!

I finished reading the book I've started last month, a book by a Greek writer than can be translated as "An Angel Told Me So" and "Beach Read" by Emily Henry. Both romance novels, nothing extraordinary but enjoyable :)

I also started reading "People We Meet on Vacation", again by Emily Henry.
Emily Henry's books were picked by my daughter, as you can probably imagine, and I had to give them a try XD

Next, I think I will start one of the book titles of Ann Cleeves I bought recently.
Always a pleasure to read a well-written crime/mystery story with her detective inspectors Vera Stanhope or Jimmy Perez!

Have a great reading month, dear Book Club family <3

February wrap-up

From Lukov with Love (3/5)Dear Martin (3/5)The Dream Thieves (4/5)
brilliant enemies to lovers, solid characterization of the protagonist, rather liked the self-development and family aspects more than the romance itself.

repetitive plot, lousy writing, slow paced
i was taken back to my wattpad phase
portrayed a well-needed perspective on racial profiling, captivating and concise

underdeveloped and unlikable secondary characters, messy format and some off-putting ya elements

it was just executed terribly
(raven cycle #2)

perfect for people who love slow-burn fantasy books with extensive world-building, gorgeous writing and endearing characters

it took me 5 months to finish this book, the sole reason for cutting 1 star

Hello everyone!!

here's my February Wrap up: 

The Pact (3/5)
The Nurse (4/5)
The Birthday Girl (4.5/5)
Where the Missing Go (3/5)
It was really entertaining to read, I was surprised with an unexpected twist. I was expecting it to be darker, but it never got that dark for me.
I really loved this one, you'll never know which side of the story to believe. The psychological suspense will stay with you even after the final page.
Another one that I loved a lot.
It was a wonderful thriller, with tension, secrets being exposed, people you never know if they're actually your friends and twists after twists.
This one is about a mother's bond with her daughter.
I enjoy the portrayal of how a mother believes she knows everything about her children when, in reality, she doesn't.

Just one for me this month.  The author wanted to work on this book in the desert. He's been a practicing Buddhist since the 1970's.  He felt like he'd gone to the end of the world at the monastery he chose, and he was just about right!  It's out in the desert in New Mexico, USA.  Gorgeous sage, mountains and next to a river, no cell service, no tv, no wi-fi, it is the perfect place for quietness.  ^^

justanotherrey:
From Lukov with Love (3/5)

Ahahaha, I tried reading this once but I just couldn't--mainly because of the "lousy writing", as you said. Which is a terrible shame, really, because from the plot alone, it sounds like something I would enjoy ;p

kura2ninja:

Ahahaha, I tried reading this once but I just couldn't--mainly because of the "lousy writing", as you said. Which is a terrible shame, really, because from the plot alone, it sounds like something I would enjoy ;p

Idk how I'll be able to read more Mariana Zapata books. Her books are so well-recieved. Like how?? 

The writing was such a big drawback, this could have easily been 100 pgs less without cutting out anything big.

Hi everyone (^_^) How do I join the Drama lovers Book club?