I have finally found the book - Mo Dao Zu Shi (The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation) That was made into an outstanding bl (chin*se govt censored ) The Untamed !! I am so happy ! TT

penel:

I would recommend "The Therapy" and "The Package". Those are the ones I rated higher.

Thank you, penel!

law:

Thank you, penel!

I hope you find them to your liking :)

penel:

I hope you find them to your liking :)

I have started to read ‘the package’ one and wow, it was so much darker and disturbing that i expected haha but i enjoy it, tysm :)

law:

I have started to read ‘the package’ one and wow, it was so much darker and disturbing that i expected haha but i enjoy it, tysm :)

Glad you find it as intriguing as I did!

Hello, I would like to join! As requested, I'll let my favorite quote from a book. I read it a long time ago (mid 2016, maybe) and yet this got stuck with me in a way I am not capable to explain.

"Everyone is actually called something else. Inside every person there is another person. The conversation is deceptive and behind the words there are other words. We can only be seen in the darkness. We can only be heard when there is silence." ― John Ajvide Lindqvist, Little Star (2010).

(note: I couldn't find the actual translation of this specific quote, so I translated myself, in any case, it does not change the meaning of the text)

At the moment I'm not doing any reading as I'm focused on doing drama and movie marathons and busy with other things, but my most recent readings were My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh and The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, those are a must for anybody who wants to understand a little bit about depression (or identify with the content, in my case ~laughing in despair).

Even though I'm not reading that much at the moment, I've already decided that the next book will be something lighter (I swear), I'll probably pick up a novel by Emily Henry or Ali Hazelwood, there's no shortage of romcoms in my Kindle library. :)

Hello and welcome 🙂👋🏼

I've read the Bell Jar and found it very impressive. A short book, but jam-packed with content. I think I need to read it again soon

Welcome to our Book Club family!

kmnkary:
Hello, I would like to join!

Welcome! Glad you joined our Book Club family!
Don't we all spend our days watching movies and dramas instead of reading books?  
But reading even only one book is much better than none!

I've been reading a lot of books recently, but I haven't been finishing as many. 

This month I finished reading the anthology It Came From the Closet. I tried reading it over the summer or something like that and skipped a few essays. This time I reread some, skimmed others, and finally read the essays I skipped the first time. It was fun! 

I also read two volumes of Over the Garden Wall paperbacks. For a while they were released as 32 issue comics that were then combined into volumes. It was nice. Most of the issues had the spirit and tone of the show, but one issue didn't. I ended up skipping a lot of it, but I could see why it might be meaningful to a different reader. 

Thought I'd check in.  Zero books for me in October.  Will try to get back on track in November.

Happy Autumn or Spring wherever you are in the world!

October went by too quickly :/ but I did finish 7 books so yay. happy November, everyone !

storygraph | goodreads

Haven't read much this month (and haven't watched much either).
Currently reading a book which isn't very much to my liking, but it is a gift from my bestie so I will definitely finish it and post my thoughts about it when I do.

Have a great reading month, dear Book Club family!
Always looking forward to your reading updates and recommendations :)

I read weekly 1 chapter of SNS series from Wattpad. So I have not read much. 

No books this month :((  but my friend sent me 2 books as a late birthday present and hopefully will read and share at the end of the month. Happy reading this month everyone!!