Jeaniessi wrote: LMAO "Wanna sex" bootie calls are universal.

Are you aclimating enough to want to stick around for a while? You seem happy. Is living there taking away the joy of watching their television dramas? :)

I definitely want to stick around for some time more. I had an inkling when I studied abroad in Scotland that I was ultimately not going to settle my adult life in the States, and living in Seoul has pretty much sealed the deal. I'm not saying that I can see myself living forever in Korea, although it's still a bit too early to tell on that count, but I'm more determined than ever to live the life of a permanent ex-pat. It also helps that teaching is something I love doing, which is a profession that every country on this planet and probably others that there will always be a demand for.

As for if living here has taken away the joy of watching K-dramas, most definitely not. If anything, it has definitely enhanced my enjoyment because now I'm even more critical of discrepancies, and I love being critical when it comes to my drama habit. Plus, now I actually recognize a lot of the filming locations now, so watching a K-drama has transformed into a personal scavenger hunt.

Bonus item: I live near the coffee shop where the famous Foam Kiss from Secret Garden was filmed. Stew in your envy! =P

Ej101 wrote: so have u ever go to the infamous tent to drink soju? hows the experience

Unfortunately I've only ever been once! It was a food tent in Incheon, and that's about as much as I can recall of that experience apart from vague recollections of zombie discussions and getting freaked out by a "ghost" cat. Obviously it must have been a haunted food tent. I wouldn't recommend those. Sorry that wasn't the most thorough answer!
MeiLi wrote: "Wanna sex ?" seriously ?! lmaoo

I wanna know more about dating in SK, do people act as "pure" as in dramas ? A friend's friend who went there told him that he had a hard time flirting with girls and that they usually are very prudish.

I can't really speak about what it's like dating girls in Seoul, but from what I've seen, they're probably no different from the girls in your home country. For many of us drama fans, dramas are really the only direct contact we have with an authentic part of Korea/Japan/Hong Kong/Taiwan/Mainland China's culture, and I'm using culture here loosely because really we're consuming their POP culture. In the case of Korea, the three big broadcasters are government-run stations, meaning that there are a TON of strict regulations on what can and cannot be shown on tv. Recently, there's been an increase in privately owned cable networks, and the dramas produced by those channels tend to push the envelope further, but certain restrictions still apply. What I'm trying to say is: Korean dramas are carefully packaged to present what amounts to government-approved messages and tropes that don't necessarily map onto the way Koreans live their life on the ground, day to day.

So, do people act as pure as they do in dramas? Sure, those people exist. There are also people who are not so pure. And there are those people who do their thing in between pure and impure. I know some Korean girls who are waiting until marriage; I know others who are on the prowl every weekend. Your friend's friend might have just encountered more of the former than the latter, or the blame could be placed on his game being totally off. ^_~

Now, dating guys in Korea..........................................................

That can be summed up concisely by the following: men are men no matter where they're from.