If you want to know something before it happens - ask away. Many people happy to share.

Lots of similarities between trailers for eps 1-3 and novel.

I wanted to ask if male lead previous lover who betrayed him is the same person  (female lead) or they two different peoples and if there is any relationship between them? 

Ameer Hamza:

I wanted to ask if male lead previous lover who betrayed him is the same person  (female lead) or they two different peoples and if there is any relationship between them? 

Male lead (Tian Yiao)'s previous lover (Su Ying) is not the female lead, (Yan Hui). SY is a member of a xian sect that has connections to YH's xian sect (YH is banished). SY wants to steal something from TY so she tricks him into having a relationship and betrays him.

They don't get back together and he hates her, she loves someone else (trying to protect the other person is why SY betrays TY)

In the novel, YH is a xian cultivator with an obscure background, revealed as novel progresses - she and the demon dragon TY are fated because of what happens to him (betrayal) and how he accidentally is responsible for her continuing to live (he throws away his heart protection scale as he's being attacked and it lands on YH. As a xian cultivator she has magical powers, but these are enhanced because of the heart protection scale.

jaginsing:

In the novel, YH is a xian cultivator with an obscure background, revealed as novel progresses - she and the demon dragon TY are fated because of what happens to him (betrayal) and how he accidentally is responsible for her continuing to live (he throws away his heart protection scale as he's being attacked and it lands on YH. As a xian cultivator she has magical powers, but these are enhanced because of the heart protection scale.

Can you summarize the main plots and how their love story develops in the novel? I'm planning to start reading the novel soon and would like to know what will be in store for me? Don't mind spoilers. 

jaginsing:

Male lead (Tian Yiao)'s previous lover (Su Ying) is not the female lead, (Yan Hui). SY is a member of a xian sect that has connections to YH's xian sect (YH is banished). SY wants to steal something from TY so she tricks him into having a relationship and betrays him.

They don't get back together and he hates her, she loves someone else (trying to protect the other person is why SY betrays TY)

jaginsing:

It doesn't seem like that person even remembers her so at least right now so like right now her love doesn't seem like actual love it's just an obsession that is hurting the people around her. Is it different in the novel?

Erin:
It doesn't seem like that person even remembers her so at least right now so like right now her love doesn't seem like actual love it's just an obsession that is hurting the people around her. Is it different in the novel?

In the novel, more description about her and the general, but yes the drama is more or less true to how she is as a character obsessive. She's gone from being in love to being obsessed in the book. Spoiler alert he actually remembers everything from his past life and was reborn, in his next incarnation he falls in love with the 9 tail fox demon princess, and he doesn't love her in this incarnation, just before he dies she finds out.

Who is Yan Hui? What is her origin? There's a reason why heart protecting scale is inside of her?

Who is Su Ying's lover? Why is she going so far to steal Tian Yiao's Heart Protection Scale and build this special armor with his scales for her lover?

Prometeumoderno:

Who is Yan Hui? What is her origin? There's a reason why heart protecting scale is inside of her?

She is an orphan, taken into the sect when she was 10 years old. When Tian Yao was attacked by Su Ying, he flung out his heart protection scale to stop her from taking it. It landed on Yan Hui, who has a defect in her heart (what specifically isn't described - but then, who's really worried about the pathophysiology :D) and the heart protection scale stops her from dying of that defect.

kamen-rider-nova:

Who is Su Ying's lover? Why is she going so far to steal Tian Yiao's Heart Protection Scale and build this special armor with his scales for her lover?

Su Ying's lover was a war general who died (in the novel - in the drama, they've changed the timeline) and was reincarnated as a scholar who met and fell in love with the nine-tail fox princess. However Su Ying has been searching for his reincarnation so that she can continue their love affair. Because she failed to obtain the heart protection scale the first time (why the war general died) when she betrayed Tian Yao, and now that she has found the scholar, she wants to put the heart protection scale in the armour so that he will become impervious to death/injury.

The drama has changed from the xian sects fighting the demon sects to calling the demon sects monsters (this also could just be a translation thing). But in the novel, there was no talk about demon animals being monsters per se.

i know ML already stab two times FL  in  early episodes but I see in trailer a new scene where ML stabs FL and the heart scale go out to enter in ML body, someone said this scene is in novel, so i wanted to know when and  why he do that? how FL  react?  she is afraid? what happen between them after this act?

YESMISSA:

i know ML already stab two times FL  in  early episodes but I see in trailer a new scene where ML stabs FL and the heart scale go out to enter in ML body, someone said this scene is in novel, so i wanted to know when and  why he do that? how FL  react?  she is afraid? what happen between them after this act?

i can't remember when the heart scale goes back to Tian Yao, but it isn't under protest from Yan Hui and it's late in the novel. In fact, she has his neidan (which actually what's keeping her alive) and gives that to him without him knowing, so that for the final battle he has a chance of winning. By this stage they are deeply in love. Her last words to her sidekick (who is helping keep Tian Yao from knowing that Yan Hui has given him back his neidan) is to tell him to wait for her once she's dead. She reincarnates, they find each other --> happy ending (story actually finishes with a bedroom scene :D)

katsumi_liqueur:

HE?

yep. Original novel first ending is one sacrifices so the other can save everyone, then in reincarnation cycle she returns, live HEA