Me and my dorm roommates started watching this drama religiously on a 10 inch screen.  (it seem totally normal for the 3 of us to squeeze in to watch/read on such a small tv)  It started off as a couple that started to communicate because of a mistyped email address.  The female was very shy and reserved and had a very outgoing roommate or friend that I THINK encouraged her to go meet the guy at a bar.  I know they eventually started dating maybe married.  But something happen to the Shy lady because her roommate/friend was helping to raise a child with the guy.  That might have been the end (none of us had access to the international channel during spring break to follow the drama)   So I kind  of know the beginning and maybe the end, but NO CLUE on the name.. i assume it was from 1996/7 but it could be a little older.  

Though it doesn't *quite* fit your time estimate, to me this sounds like it could be the 1998 drama With Love:

http://mydramalist.com/1408-with-love

It's been quite a few years since I watched it though, so I don't remember a lot of the details to confirm the roommate/child elements.
 I think this is the drama!! I had the years wrong it would have been 97/98 thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!  (also think I might have mixed up this and another drama with a shy girl and outgoing girl that meet a guy in a bar and the shy girl ends up with him but its the outgoing girl that is with him and a child at the of the drama...never knew my memory was so bad...that or I have watched WAAAAAAY too many dramas!!)