What do you think were the cutest scenes from the first episode? Most of mine involved the interaction between Shun and Hoshio: 1. Shun sleeps with Hoshio because he longs for a father figure so much 2. Hoshio carrying Shun to the baseball match 3. Sawa calling her bestfriend Setsu from the corner of her room just to share with her, bashfully, how she feels like she's become a teenager again, only to find out that Setsu couldn't really hear her because of all the noise at her bar, so Sawa ended up having to yell out all the words to her. Bwaha!
wrote: Hirosue Ryoko wraps up filming for her drama 'Starman'
July 17, 2013 @ 1:11 am

Actress Hirosue Ryoko and her co-stars recently wrapped up the filming for their current Fuji TV summer drama 'Starman ~ Kono Hoshi no Koi' the other day.

'Starman' is the first drama in 17 years that finally features Hirosue in a starring role again. They have been filming for three months straight since April and the actress was overwhelmed by her emotions when they finished shooting their very last scene. She humbly thanked the whole team for allowing her to spend this summer in such a wonderful way.

The last scene they had to film took place at campsite and will appear in the drama's 7th episode. The filming took place at a campsite for auto-camping in Kanagawa and featured many of the main cast, including the "Starman" played by Fukushi Sota, the grandmother played by Yoshiyuki Kazuko, and the three child actors.

Fukushi gave Hirosue a bouquet as soon as the director gave the signal for the wrap. Moreover they surprised her with a birthday cake, since her birthday is coming up on July 18th. The three child actors also personally made a bag for her and put one present in each. Hirosue couldn't stop expressing her gratitude and reportedly kept saying "Thank you!" multiple times.

'Starman ~ Kono Hoshi no Koi' premiered on the 9th and will air its 2nd episode this week.

Source: TokyoHive

Looks like there will be 7 episodes in total
Hrmm, 7 episodes is not a lot, but it might just be the right amount for the story. I loved episode 2, the scenes in the restaurant were so sweet. And the ending + the preview, omg I so can't wait for episode 3 :X ****(is he flying in that beach scene xD??)****
I know, but maybe I interpreted the sentence wrongly. The article says that "The last scene they had to film took place at campsite and will appear in the drama's 7th episode." , but it doesn't mean that would be the final scene of the drama. Maybe they didn't shoot the scenes linearly, who knows, but anyway, we'll see. I also loved episode 2. The date scene was so cute. And I definitely can't wait for episode 3, judging from the preview it looks like Sawa's lies would already be exposed in the next episode, which is good, I was afraid they would drag it far too long. Looks like Hoshio's real name is Tatsuya, and who the heck is that scary lady? She looks like she's a gangsta :p It's getting interesting because she's the only one who knows Hoshio's background story before he lost his memory. And wow, looks like two of Sawa's colleagues; the quiet grandpa and the grumpy girl, come from the outer space or have something to do with the star thing as well? And looks like Sawa's ex husband is coming back? I can't wait for next week's thursday!
Yip, I think they seldom shoot scenes strictly chronologically, so chances might be good there'll be more episodes (still guessing it'll be either 8 or around 10-12)! Either way it means there'll be at least 7 episodes, which is good news heh~

Yah, I wonder what kind of person Hoshio was before, when that woman is apparently his ex-girlfriend? I mean he did throw his mobile phone away right at the beginning of the drama and I think he had already lost his memory at that point, so why would he throw it away if it was his only connection to his memories? I felt kind of sorry for him though at the end of the episode haha.
i like this drama. it's cute and funny. the boys are adorable esp shun. what do you guys make of the old man that rides the scooter. lol i think he might be starman 1 and hoshiro is starman 2.0. hoshiro is hot!
boutux wrote: i like this drama. it's cute and funny. the boys are adorable esp shun. what do you guys make of the old man that rides the scooter. lol i think he might be starman 1 and hoshiro is starman 2.0. hoshiro is hot!

Yeah looks like quiet gramps is also some kind of starman. I feel sorry for him though, his wife is so grumpy and tough haha, Hoshio is thousand times luckier because Sawa is so lovable. :D

Fukushi Sota definitely looks hot indeed in this dorama. Eeeek I feel like a cradle robber for saying that *sigh* I can't believe he was born in 1993... :p
cantiara wrote: Yeah looks like quiet gramps is also some kind of starman. I feel sorry for him though, his wife is so grumpy and tough haha, Hoshio is thousand times luckier because Sawa is so lovable. :D

Fukushi Sota definitely looks hot indeed in this dorama. Eeeek I feel like a cradle robber for saying that *sigh* I can't believe he was born in 1993... :p

1993. omg! wow i feel like a cradle robber too. but he is an adult so i don't feel too bad. lol
Wah, episode 3 *** The kiss was adorable, I'm so happy he chose to stay with her. I'm already disliking the ex-husband though, heh. I reaaaaaaally want to know what kind of person Hoshio was though, the preview for epi 4 made me wonder if he will gain back his memories (the scene were he gets all angry?). And the parts where he's basically flying are kind of hilarious ahaha.*** Oh and apparently there'll be 11 episodes in total :D?!
I adore this drama. It's definitely on my top list of fun dramas watching this summer. I am glad they are getting more episodes. The first episode worried me for a bit lol.
Episode 3 was lovely.

-SPOILER!- I'm glad they didn't drag the lie plot line for too long. I had never expected that Sawa's lie would have already been exposed by the third episode. I really thought that the lie was gonna play out throughout the whole series and I was a bit worried about that. Glad they didn't take that route. I'm glad that even after the lie was exposed, Hoshio didn't want to go back as Tatsuya, but decided to stay as Hoshio, Sawa's husband and the father of the 3 kids, instead.

The "ex"-husband coming back into the scene is interesting because it will stir up things a little bit. I think that scene in the preview of episode 4 where Hoshio got angry, has something to do with Sawa's "ex"-husband? It triggered his "old" self a little bit, I think, and even if he didn't mean to, he couldn't help being a little bit of the scary, bad, Tatsuya.

I'm loving this series. I'm curious what kind of person Tatsuya was. And where does Hoshio really come from, what he really is and why is he on earth. I'm just hoping it wouldn't be a "sad" ending where he has to go back to where he's from, wherever that is. That would be just.too.cruel T_T
-END SPOILER-

Anyway, nytwp, where did you get that information about this drama gonna have 11 episodes in total? I'm excited!! :D
Also in the preview it looked like Dai pushed his real father onto the couch enraged. I think Dai is finally going to openly show his love for Hoshio and remember how much of a jerk his real father was. But I just noticed mention of 11 episodes! Maybe if it gets more high rates we might get 12!
manaflower wrote: But I just noticed mention of 11 episodes! Maybe if it gets more high rates we might get 12!

As much as I'd love that as well, I don't think that's possible. The production of a drama in Japan is a bit different than its counterpart in Korea. In Japan, they don't have the live-shoot-system as they do in Korea. I think Korea is the only country in the world that has this kind of system regarding drama/series shooting. Anyway, in Japan this is not how they produce a drama. As much as possible is pre-shot, filmed beforehand. And in the case of Starman, filming was already wrapped up around 2 weeks ago. So I'm pretty sure the story's pretty much fixed. No changing in plotline, ending, etc, etc, affected by the rating. It might be possible to edit stuff out to cut down episodes when things don't look too well popularity wise, but extending a drama because it gets very popular does not really happen in the drama land of Japan. Some get extended through a second, third season or a SP (special). If any, if this drama really gets very popular, I wish the 12th episode that you're also wishing for would be some kind of a SP. :)
I have so fallen in love with this drama and only found 3 episodes sub. I just dunno what it is about it but I enjoy it and I also hope there is a special or like a tv movie or something like that. It would be nice. :3
cantiara wrote: Anyway, nytwp, where did you get that information about this drama gonna have 11 episodes in total? I'm excited!! :D

I saw it on the MDL page actually and figured it was confirmed and someone had thus edited it, but to be honest I haven't really found any info on it, not even on the japanese sites. Got a bit overexcited sorry :( But the ratings seem somewhat steady now, so at least the chances of it being cancelled are low XD! Maybe it's even kind of nice not to know when the drama ends, that can be horrible sometimes (as it is the case with "I hear your voice" right now ;__; ).