HeidiLyon, that's exactly why I'm enjoying Starman. It's light, yet entertaining, and most of all, it's "peaceful". A feel good romantic family drama without an emotional rollercoaster, which is what I really need lately. :)
I found myself thinking about the ending of Starman the other day (that baby was sooo cute and I loved that Hoshio was finally able to feel that he made Sawa happy), and then a thought hit me. Is that child going to have "super human" abilities?! Wouldn't that be interesting... What about Shigeta's kids? In the beginning, I thought a lot about the contrast between his family and Sawa's. In Sawa's kitchen, people laugh and talk and there's light and color, but the Shigeta family sit in a dark room in silence, just waiting for the old man to finish the natto already and nobody talks (except that the wife was grumpy in the beginning, but I feel that her attitude was explained and I'm satisfied with how the flame in their relationship was rekindled). It hit me that perhaps they all (except the wife) have telepathic power?! Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I was wondering... The two "starmen" are actually using human bodies (Tatsuya died, I assume that Shigeta is also using an "empty" body) so because of that, it would perhaps be expected that their offspring is fully human. On the other hand, they can use their bodies to do things humans can't do, so perhaps that rubs off on the offspring..? Just a thought. :)
The drama was pretty alright and the ending was well done. The acting level was low for my taste but anyway, it was good enough.