I know a lot of times our focus is on the main leads in a drama and we don't often take notice of the supporting actors.

BUT sometimes, there is that ONE drama where the supporting actor/actress becomes the main lead, and they just blind you with their brilliance and blow you out of the water with their performance!

You think, WHY did I never take notice of them before!?!?!

For me, it would be these two actors in these two dramas.

Song Joon Ki - Nice Guy
Joo Won - Gaksital

WHAT ABOUT YOU?
have you found some hidden gems?

Well, so far, i admire:

Yoo in na from having a supporting role in Secret Garden then she became the main actress in Queen Inhyun's man, I never expected her to be that good. So, she's one of the hidden gems in Kdrama, i think. :)
Ooh good one! I remember her, kind of glanced over her since i was focused on the main leads so much. Maybe i'll try Queen Inhyun's Man!!
Yeah, you should watch it. It wont bore you. :>
Well, to be honest, I was a bit confused reading your topic post 'cause you mentioned 2 actors that had epic MAIN roles as an example, so I didn't really know how to respond. xD Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great topic, just... maybe you should pick some other actors? :) For me, second male lead or supporting role actors that first come to my mind are Lee Joon Hyuk in City hunter and Jo Jung Suk in King2Hearts... :) Oh, and Yoo Ah In in Sungkyunkwan scandal! He was awesome as Geol Oh. Song Joong Ki was awesome there, too, as Goo Yong ha! From the ladies, it's Go Joon Hee (Minsoo in Can you hear my heart!! I loved her there) and Lee Yoon Ji in Dream high and King2hearts!! Also, Yoon Jin Yi in A gentleman's dignity - she was adorable as Mae Ah Ri and it's her first role!!
Lee Mun Shik - in Iljimae His work with role was brilliant, teamwork with other actors flawless. I loved his character in Iljimae.
Dramaholicss wrote: Yoo in na from having a supporting role in Secret Garden then she became the main actress in Queen Inhyun's man, I never expected her to be that good. So, she's one of the hidden gems in Kdrama, i think. :)

Yes, I also didn't expect her to be as good as she was in QIHM!

phoenixbasilisk wrote: Ooh good one! I remember her, kind of glanced over her since i was focused on the main leads so much. Maybe i'll try Queen Inhyun's Man!!

It's a must watch! It took me awhile to get around to watching it, but now its one of my favorites. Fun Fact: The leads started dating after this drama. :)

mizztic wrote: ... Oh, and Yoo Ah In in Sungkyunkwan scandal! He was awesome as Geol Oh. Song Joong Ki was awesome there, too, as Goo Yong ha! ...

I couldn't agree more ;) Yoo Ah In and Song Joong Ki in Sungkyunkwan Scandal! So good and soo hot *swoooon*
mizztic wrote: Well, to be honest, I was a bit confused reading your topic post 'cause you mentioned 2 actors that had epic MAIN roles as an example, so I didn't really know how to respond. xD
Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great topic, just... maybe you should pick some other actors? :)

For me, second male lead or supporting role actors that first come to my mind are Lee Joon Hyuk in City hunter and Jo Jung Suk in King2Hearts... :)
Oh, and Yoo Ah In in Sungkyunkwan scandal! He was awesome as Geol Oh. Song Joong Ki was awesome there, too, as Goo Yong ha!

From the ladies, it's Go Joon Hee (Minsoo in Can you hear my heart!! I loved her there) and Lee Yoon Ji in Dream high and King2hearts!! Also, Yoon Jin Yi in A gentleman's dignity - she was adorable as Mae Ah Ri and it's her first role!!

I totally agree about Yoon Ah In in SKKS!! I actually liked him more than the main male leader. At first I thought Geol Oh was the one that would be with Yoon Hee, I was a bit dissapointed then. Though the main couple was cute.
And about Song Joong Ki too!! :)
tlkdrama2me wrote: yes, i also didn't expect her to be as good as she was in qihm!

It's a must watch! It took me awhile to get around to watching it, but now its one of my favorites. Fun fact: The leads started dating after this drama. :)

i couldn't agree more ;) yoo ah in and song joong ki in sungkyunkwan scandal! So good and soo hot *swoooon*

geol oh <33333333
Uhm Ki Joon from Scent of A Woman comes to mind. He was just fantastic. All his emotional scenes especially the big one that occurred later in the drama really griped me in the heart strings. I wished he had more leading roles.