Why does the main lead call her ahjumma? is it because she is older then him or is it because she was married? can someone tell me the ages? who is older and by how much?

If I remember correctly she was a couple years older than him, but he called her ahjumma mostly because she was a married woman. I'm not an expert on korean culture or anything so I can only speak from what I've learned in dramas and articles and so on. And as far as I know ahjumma is a term used typically to refer to a married woman, but also an older woman you are not familiar with, so the situations in which a woman is called ahjumma may vary (same with ahjussi), it's a little tricky. For instance in "flower boy next door" the guy called the girl ahjumma, but she was a 20 year-old single lady and they were about the same age. But in birth of a beauty I think he called her ahjumma because she was a married woman and there wasn't another title to call her by. (Like she called him Doctor because she initially thought he was a doctor, so in his case there was a title for him). ^^ 
Thank youu it is very helpfull ! :D