Are they usual in Kdrama?

Well, I don't actually know if you'd call them Easter Eggs, as the term is commonly used for Hollywood movies/US dramas...  I have notices a few incidences where an actor  or a drama directly (and cheekily) references a show or character they have played in another  TV series or movie.

I've come across three delightful examples, so far. 

1. The most obvious and well-known is probably a scene in Goblin, where the main couple go for a romantic (?) date to the cinema only to watch Train to Busan - which is, of course, a major movie hit featuring Goblin's lead actor Gong Yoo.

2. Then I noticed a cute scene in an early episode of season one of Tale of the Nine-Tailed, where the ML makes some sarcastic comment about the outfit of a grim reaper - cheekily referencing the ML's previous role as grim reaper in Goblin.

3. Having re-watched a few favourite scenes from Bad Papa, I noticed that in episode one, whilst driving a car, Jang Hyuk's character seems to sing  the main love theme ( that underscores every love scene between a certain two characters) from Chuno- The Slave Hunters -which he starred in, of course.

:-)

I'm chuffed having discovered these playful meta-references/nods to fans/ Easter Eggs in some Kdramas.... The more you watch the more you recognise these hints, of course! I wonder how many more I may discover ... or have missed... (I'm only a few months into my 'journey' into Kdramas....)

I'd love to hear from other MDL members - have you discovered other Easter Eggs??

(Though I'm not holding my breath since it appears no one is even remotely interested in viewing/reading my posts.... ah...well....) At least I got it out of my system....

Found this video after getting curious reading your post. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvXbjRyCjHM

Oh wow! 

So it * is* a thing!

Thank you so much for this video link!!  So much fun!!!!

in something in the rain SYJ says when did you come back and JHI said while you were sleeping referring to While You Were Sleeping

For the kdrama ‘True Beauty’ there is a scene from Extraordinary You where DanOh (FML) and the second male lead were ‘kissing’ in the cinema and Suho from True Beauty thought DanOh was Jugyeong (FML in True Beauty) and sent both of the characters apart then the ‘scene’ snapped (if you watch Extraordinary You, you would understand what I meant haha) and DanOh left with disgust and tried to find Haru which is the name of the ML. 

both of the kdrama settings take place in the same school and were adapted from webtoons haha

Secretly/Greatly spy situation and cameo of Kim Soo Hyun in Crash Landing on You.  True Beauty had a couple of references to Crash Landing on You.

Easter eggs in kdramas directed by Song Hyun Wook:
- Another Miss Oh
- Marriage, Not Dating
- The Beauty Inside

- the song/melody playing in the background in scenes at coffee shops/restaurants are the same
- something playing in a television, like couple of seconds from another kdrama

I believe in Doom At Your Service there is a easter egg, showing a television airing a kdrama Tale of the Nine Tailed, and Park Bo Young saying how handsome the ML is in that kdrama.