I'm so in love with the concept, especially when I found out that this was based on a real life. It is such a beautiful story, despite the ups and downs. The words better left unsaid, the missed chances, the ploy of life and the regrets makes it more realistic. Thinking that this was based on true facts made me think the beauty of each of our own story.

Reality put, how is the one you adored in school doing now? Mine, I haven't seen him in awhile and as I've heard is still in university (while most of us 4 year degree holder already graduated). I used to think we shared skinny love until he fell in love with someone and made me realized I were in an unrequited love. He used to be my bestfriend, but I gave up my place for her girl which is still his girlfriend until now. We may have grown apart but I know we're happy in our own lives ♡

How about you?

(Is discussions like this allowed? Because it's my first time creating one.)

“Edit” (I’m going to edit to make more sense, I rushed this a bit)

I met him when I was in Elementary, I remember this fully, I was 6 and my family moved to Jiangsu, China ( I was new, it was a international school, I knew no one, more likely an outcast.) .  It was actually love at first sight, I mean, I thought it was only those short  crushes. But I was wrong, days would go by, even years, eventually in high school my love for him wasn’t short termed, but it was actually love. I always tried to hide away from the fact that I loved him, but every night I’ll go to bed, I’ll think of him. I used to just stare at him from afar, just admiring everything about him. This may seem stalkerish, but I used to follow right behind him every morning. Five feet apart, I don’t know if he ever noticed me and that’s what hurt, never being noticed. Sometimes I would even deliberately make a sound, because all I wanted was to be noticed by him. 

I was a ghost. I only spoked to him once; once I mean in a whole conversation, other just “hi” and ”bye”.  I would observe him, and learn all of his mannerism, the way he would get happy and smile to the point I knew when he was annoyed just by his eyes. I used to write these tiny notes for him and when he would go and fill his water bottle I’ll walk by and slip them in his book bag. I believe he never saw them, but at the same time it’s my fault for never signing my name. Right? The love I had for him, is hard to describe because people say “You don’t know him, you never spoken to him.”, but it’s different, I walked behind him every morning to school, I observed him, I was exactly like his shadow.  I truly did love him.

The last time I saw him, everyone was stressing over college entrance exams and after the exams my class had a whole big party, and I saw him laughing with his friends, then I went away  to university. I remember the moment of the whole place being lively, the food, the music, the balloons, and everyone being excited about the next step in their lives. 

Now I’m in college, first year in Hong Kong, last  time I heard he moved away to another provience( or state)  for college, he is studying medical, or to be more precise “Chemistry”.. To be honest, I still love him. He is my first love and always be, but I have to let go. That’s the worst part of life, letting go.

(edit) It’s been about 8 months, right? It’s been progress in forgetting him, but I’m trying really hard, but I don’t know. I’d say that its apart of life, you’re so used to seeing the same people over and over again to the point where whenyou go away, it’s hard to move on. It’s like your comfort zone, so I’m slowly, but surely living on.

I met him in high school while I was already in a relationship with someone but somehow he won my heart after a few weeks. 

He still comes to my home from time to time even if he has a girlfriend. I'm his affair at this moment and I know that it's immoral but  somehow I always can't withstand his charm.

Truly speaking, he is the towns male slut...

So because of that karma hit him and now he is a father since a few weeks. We are friends even if we broke up long time ago. But since he got a child now I won't let him go through my door anymore...

I was a senior in HS when we dated. He was one of the most popular boys in our school. I was head over heels in love. Sadly, we are graduating and I went to University in another state while he remained close to home. We tried the long distance relationship but it only lasted for another year when I found out he was cheating on me with a girl older than us but staying in the same apartment building (they go to the same college).

Two years later, I met my college boyfriend. He is now my husband and we have two kids.

I don't know how my HS love is doing now. I am not curious. I just hope he is happy just as I am. The song is true though, I remember the boy but I don't remember the feelings anymore ????

MaeiLa:

I met him in high school while I was already in a relationship with someone but somehow he won my heart after a few weeks. 

He still comes to my home from time to time even if he has a girlfriend. I'm his affair at this moment and I know that it's immoral but  somehow I always can't withstand his charm.

Truly speaking, he is the towns male slut...

So because of that karma hit him and now he is a father since a few weeks. We are friends even if we broke up long time ago. But since he got a child now I won't let him go through my door anymore...

Having a child is not karma. Maybe it is time for him to be more responsible.  I am happy though that you are no longer entertaining him - for the benefit of the child. You will find someone who is meant for you, sooner or later. 

Enna:

I met him when I was in Elementary. It was actually love at first sight, I mean I thought it was only those short termed crushes. But I was wrong, days would go by, even years, eventually in high school my love for him wasn’t short termed, but it was actually love. I always tried to hide away from the fact that I loved him.  I used to just stare at him from afar, just admiring everything about him. This may seem stalkerish, but I used to follow right behind him every morning. Five feet apart.

I was a ghost. I only spoked to him once. He never noticed me, I was like a mist. It kinda hurt, that I never spoked to him and say who I am and that I like him. I used to slip tiny notes, but I guess he never saw them.

Now I’m in college. Last time I heard he moved away to another state for college and  he is studying medical. To be honest, I still love him. He is my first love and always be, but I have to let go. That’s the worst part of life, letting go.

You owe it to yourself to let go. Once you do, you will find that it is easier to let someone in. You are young, find love and don't give up.

I was in my first year of highschool when i first met him. He had green eyes, brown hair,  and a shy but cool personality like he had been an artist or something close to it. He was two years older than me and we had to work on a project together. The interaction was short but i felt in love with him and i chased his look for about two years, until he had to go to university.  I think he felt something for me too as a tight little smile always showed up on the corner of his lips  and his eyes became more gentle whenever he saw me.  Nevertheless, i think none of us had the courage to talk about our feelings and our lives have separated.  I heard that he moved out to a new town and he has a girlfriend now.

One day, after eight years, i saw him on the train. I don't know why, but even if i was looking at the same person i loved in highschool it was like seeing a completely different man.  I couldn't feel the same emotions i was feeling back then. Maybe life has changed him, or rather, life has changed us both, but i am grateful that he was my first love; it was so pure and simple back then.

My first was when I was in 10th grade. It was useless from the beginning because he already had a girlfriend. There were also other factors like distance. After a while I realized he is not who I thought he is. In my fantasy world he was different. So that's it. The end of my first love. 

I still talk to him about our nieces because he is my cousin-in-laws brother. He is currently in college but I don't know if he is single or not. We don't talk about anything personal. I hope he is happy.

He was my unrequited first crush, first puppy love, first love, first heartache. From 2nd grade to senior high. If hes the president i'm the vice president. He was my everything then. He's still my "what if". I wsn't his type at all im the total opposite of his ideal girl. Oh well hes married and got kids...still single...technically..LOL.????

We were each other's first love, first kiss, first everything. I was 16, almost 17. He was barely 19. I thought he was so much older, so much wiser, so cool. Then I got to know him. Found out he is the sweetest most compassionate guy I've ever known. He is in my life today as my "boyfriend", but though we love each other, my worries keeps us apart. I am working on myself. He says he loves me and will support me no matter what, but in  my mind I know that I need to work hard to be on equal footing. I love him and want to support him too. I am so lucky that he is standing by my side waiting for me, supporting me along the way, but I am horribly anxious that I'll never be good enough. :( It is ok though, I am getting stronger every day and he believes in me.  *fighting* I'm 23 now and he is 25

I am introverted person who doesnt interact with people unless they initiate the conversation or they're already closed to me since the first class we met. At first i didnt care about boys, not even try to have any gossips about them but one day, my group of close friends said i had a resemblance especially my appearance (wear spectacles, quiet, mind our own business). Since that, my eyes kept on staring at him unconsciously. I participated in a program and became the committee, the unexpected thing that i've never thought it'll happen in my life was he became one of the committee either and the same position like me so i had to handle the activity with him. Somewhat i could feel that he knew i had an interest towards him, maybe bcs of my obvious actions from past days. He also easily friended with people but perhaps just acquiantance. There was a time he went to art classroom with his friend where i usually do my artwork bcs i took the course related to it. I didnt know he was there until i took the material nearer to my friend which i took a glimpse at the corner side. I shocked for a moment then couldnt concentrate with my work. For some reasons, i felt like he was glacing at me while i was doing my artwork. As time goes by, both of us have graduated from secondary school. The precious moment i've ever had with him was glancing each other which we shared our communication through the eyes only. Now im taking degree meanwhile he was furthering his study for degree too (maybe he already in 2nd year). I also have met his mom during school times bcs i have to give something to her which given by the teacher's order and at that time he was there at the last few minutes. Do you know that i thought i wouldnt be like him anymore but one time i had a program with other universities and there was a man who resembled a lot like him and my heart was pounding non stop and felt nervous out of the blue. Then i checked the namelist, that person was his little brother who friend with my lil brother. Is this coincidence moment or fated lol? But i dont know how to react when im seeing the person i've ever liked in front of me, why do i feel like i still have a feeling towards him even just a drop of rain? I wish i could meet him someday even though he already has gf or even married someone else :)  i just hope he's happy with everything he has been through and live life to the fullest.

This will be abit different. I'm 25YO now, and I don't particularly have anyone that I've fallen for. Simply a crush yes, but more like an eye candy and a bit heart-fluttering inducer. But not more than that. I've never actually fall for someone to the point I feel like I wanting him, or get jealous when he talk to another girl. Is it weird? I'm kinda scared to fall in love now tbh. Cause I'm a total noob in this area... Never had a bf before... And never be in love before. So the thought of it is kinda scary especially after you heard a lot of bad story about couples. 

I truly believe that love comes when you least expect it. It's like a trick of fate that the harder you look sometimes, the less chance you'll find it. I dated a few guys before I found my now husband and we met when I had no expectations and just wanted to be social (I'm usually the type that prefers to stay home than head out - I like being a homebody though my friends constantly tell me to stop being so old and go out lol). In terms of this post's topic, there were two people I adored in high school. One I actually confessed to and the other one was my initial one which turned to friendship then I fell right back to adoring him well after high school and into university though of course that didn't come to an end result although there were times I swear he felt the same but neither of us wanted to jeopardize our friendship. Now I'm happily married while we've lost touch and the last I know, he had a steady girlfriend. Like most people who posted here, I hope the one I adored in school is happy and well!

oh man. The one I adored in school is the sibling of one of my friends. I still think what if from time to time, but it's all water under the bridge now. Sometimes he wanders into my dreams and it makes me feel guilty because he hurt my best friend (he's her ex), but I always tell her when it happens. She says it's because we have the same taste in men, which is why we've always had crushes on the same guys. Regardless, he's kinda miserable and unable to keep a relationship, but my best friend and I are as happy as ever. I'm so glad we never let a boy get between us, and our bond is unbreakable. I've been content with being single, and I know that when the time comes, I will find the right person for me :)

First crush lasted several years with quite a few ups and downs (I was quite dramatic as a child so that didn't help). Met him in grade 4, liked him all the way through grade 8. He never batted an eye at me or gave me much thought until grade 12. The 4 year long crush was a dramatic as it can be. I found all the opportunities I can get to be close to him, giggled about him to my closest friends, gave him little presents here and there... but he ended up going out with my best friend at that time. Yeah. It's as bad as it sounds. They didn't last very long but it was enough to crush my poor 12 year old soul. Fast forward to high school graduation year, he asked me to our first high school formal. I thought my elementary self would die happily but that night was quite uneventful. Definitely a semi-redemption arc though.  We kept in contact throughout university and have since lost touch.

I don't plan on reaching out as there's no point doing so, but I am curious as to how he's doing. I hope he's doing well where ever he is.