The swimming race in the novel:

Xiao Liu was like a beautiful butterfly falling into the silver water and disappearing into the depths. The waters rippled out from where he disappeared and when the biggest ripple disappeared was when Xiao Liu shot out from the water like a swimming dragon. His arms grabbed the neck of the condor and he asked “Can you swim? Want to race?” Xiang Liu scoffed.

Xiao Liu added “If you dare then don’t use your powers.” Xiang Liu raised his head to look at the moon. Xiao Liu continued “Scared? You can’t be? Nine Lives Demons Xiang Liu can’t be such a coward!” Xiang Liu finally looked directly at Xiao Liu “Seeing the way you are begging me, I’ll do it.”

“I begged you?”

“Didn’t you?”

Xiao Liu’s head was resting on the condor’s neck “Fine, consider it me begging you.”

Xiang Liu slowly took off his robe and jumped into the water. Xiao Liu swam towards the shore with all his might with Xiang Liu right beside him. The water in the lake was icy cold and Xiao Liu warmed up with each valiant push forward. He could forget everything and return to childhood when it was all so free, so relaxing, so happy. His only goal was to return to shore, so very simple.

After an hour Xiao Liu finally reached shore. Xiang Liu was sitting next to a roaring fire and his clothes were already dried. Xiao Liu climbed on land “You won, but….” he pulled out a fish from his sleeve “I caught a fish. Let’s cook it, I’m hungry.”

Xiao Liu started cooking the fish while Xiang Liu said “You grew up somewhere with a lot of water.”

“You say that for anyone who can swim?”

“Not just because you can swim, it’s that swimming brings you unfettered happiness. People seek familiar things that allow them to relax and feel the freedom and joy from childhood.”

Chapter 3

Ugh, beautiful. The way the ruby-red glow in his eyes just vanishes after she says all this.

How can he convey so much by doing so little?

Xiang Liu bit Xiao Yao's neck after they had their swimming race.
Xiao Liu wasn’t scared and continued “I’m curious, how are your nine-heads arranged? In a row? One one top of the other? Or three on each side of three in the middle? Which one goes first when you eat?…..” Xiao Liu suddenly couldn’t open his mouth anymore.

“Nnnnngggg…….nnnnngggg……”

Xiang Liu took the cooked fish and slowly started to eat it and Xiao Liu could only stare. After he finished the fish he stared at Xiao Liu “I actually like eating people the best. Your size is perfect so that each of my heads can take a bite.”

His hand stroked Xiao Liu’s face and he leaned in and grabbed Xiao Liu’s neck. Xiao Liu’s body shook and he shut his eyes. Xiang Liu’s tongue tasted blood and a realization thundered through his mind. He slowly sucked a few times before raising his head “Do you dare say anymore nonsense?”

Xiao Liu wildly shook his head. Xiang Liu released him and Xiao Liu scrambled as far away as he could. Xiang Liu climbed on the white condor and crooked his finger towards Xiao Liu. He didn’t dare get close and instead backed up a few steps. Xiang Liu stared with a smile “Do you want me to go over there?” Xiao Liu quickly shook his head and docilely came over and climbed on the back of the condor.

Chapter 3

Some more neck biting scenes just because ahahaha

His hand stroked Xiao Liu’s face and he leaned in and grabbed Xiao Liu’s neck. Xiao Liu’s body shook and he shut his eyes. Xiang Liu’s tongue tasted blood and a realization thundered through his mind. He slowly sucked a few times before raising his head “Do you dare say anymore nonsense?” 

Chapter 3

Elise:

Chapter 3

The "Your Body is a Treasure" scene couldn't be left out. Ugngngngngngngng

Xiao Yao: I hope the nine-headed demon chokes to death while eating, drowns while drinking, and falls to death while walking.

Xiang Yao: I didn't curse you. I didn't curse you.

Xiang Liu: You just cursed me?

Episode 5

He's like come hither ahahaha

Elise:

Chapter 3

I LOVE all of this first bite scene, but this part ... that's when I just melted away into a puddle.  I mean, the involuntary expression of his demon red eyes as the potency of her blood hits him, and then the greedy return his drinking. Then regaining some control to whisper that XY's body is a treasure.

Kokuto:
I LOVE all of this first bite scene, but this part ... that's when I just melted away into a puddle. I mean, the involuntary expression of his demon red eyes as the potency of her blood hits him, and then the greedy return his drinking. Then regaining some control to whisper that XY's body is a treasure.

I couldn't have written it better myself.

Should I bring The Audio™?

nathsketch:

I couldn't have written it better myself.

Should I bring The Audio™?

How did you know it was playing now!?

Elise:

He's like come hither ahahaha

gugggghhhh

Elise, you are bringing the GOODS.  Thank you so much!

Kokuto:

How did you know it was playing now!?

I know everything.

nathsketch:
I know everything.

LOL! 

Nathsketch.  The Shadow of Tan Jianci fans.

Rowan Atkinson is so perfectly giffable.

I thought there was something wrong with my gif but it turns out it really was in slow motion in the drama ?