nathsketch:

What about their relationship you were wondering?

How much of one do they have?  I mean, it appears to be pretty smooth, except for him offering to assassinate her and her unborn kid, but they clearly have one.

Kokuto:

How much of one do they have?  I mean, it appears to be pretty smooth, except for him offering to assassinate her and her unborn kid, but they clearly have one.

And doesn’t she remember her brother’s face?

Kokuto:

Not yet.  After I finish off Rise, it's next on my list to finish.

I was going through your watchlist. Did you finish Are You Safe?

nathsketch:

I was going through your watchlist. Did you finish Are You Safe?

Oh, well, that Watch List is gathering dust, for some reason. ;p

No.  I really want to watch another costume drama for TJC, like Secret of the Three Kingdoms.  But after this, I may need a palate cleanser and will finish off Are You Safe.

Kokuto:

Oh, well, that Watch List is gathering dust, for some reason. ;p

No.  I really want to watch another costume drama for TJC, like Secret of the Three Kingdoms.  But after this, I may need a palate cleanser and will finish off Are You Safe.

Yeah, I prefer costume dramas too. I only watched the first episode. It’s good, but I want to finish plenty of others before I get back to it.

I’m on episode 15 of Secret of the Three Kingdoms. It’s very interesting so far.  I also like Elvis, so it’s awesome 

nathsketch:

Yeah, I prefer costume dramas too. I only watched the first episode. It’s good, but I want to finish plenty of others before I get back to it.

I’m on episode 15 of Secret of the Three Kingdoms. It’s very interesting so far.  I also like Elvis, so it’s awesome 

That's me too.  First episode of AYS.

Kokuto:

Well, given the set up similar set up to LYF, where the chemistry laden couple meet and get attached, then discover they are ENEMIES ... plus people dying left and right, cause of all the revenge and entrapment that is going on, yeah, the ending is rolling down the mountain like snowball heading toward tragic ending hell.

Hmmm, pass. My heart is not ready for another round hahah

Kokuto:

That's me too.  First episode of AYS.

Ok Kok, time to go to sleep! ? 

Talk tomorrow <3

Have a good night ♥️

Kokuto:
But I'm down to the final 10.  Yay!  I'm really enjoying it so far, though I heard the ending was bad.

That sounds like a great stopping point...

nathsketch:
Ah, good. Yeah, I remember someone saying it was really bad. I think it was Sirry Usly. She got some trauma lol

I brought it up as an example of an ending that I hated (it was so tragic in the worst kind of way) to show that I don't always like tragic or bittersweet endings. And I think a re-opened an old wound for her. ^^"

Kokuto:

They have a "cordial" relationship. I'll copy the full report that ZX gave to XY.

-----

Chapter 18:

Zhuan Xu handed a scroll to her “This contains all the background information on Fang Feng Bei.”

Xiao Yao was stunned for a moment before taking it. She spent the entire day poring over the background report.

The report started from the moment Fang Feng Bei was born.

Fang Feng Bei’s life was exactly that of a second son in a large family, living an ordinary life. He was good at learning the spiritual powers, but because his brother and sister were even better and they were born of the first wife, no matter how hard he worked his brother and sister were always more prominent. Because he was so bitter, he ended up with a gambling addiction.

Around four hundred and eighty years ago, the teenage Fang Feng Bei ran away from home to earn money to repay his gambling debts. He went to the North Pole to look for ice crystals. He was gone for almost fifty years, which wasn’t a very long time to be away from home for the Gods, but because he went to a place that was dangerous beyond comprehension, his family assumed he died there. Who could have expected he would suddenly return home with lots of ice crystals. One would call it returning in glory.

Xiao Yao felt those nearly fifty years were very suspicious. During that length of time missing, even if Fang Feng Bei returned changed people would assume he had endured great hardship in the North Pole and accept his growing up. But what made him accepted as the same guy was that he spent the next four years diligently taking care of his sick mother to the degree that was astounding, from feeding her every meal and medicine to sitting beside her every day. Even now four hundred years later, if people in the know were asked about Fang Feng Bei, they would still say very proudly “Bei is very filial.”

After his mom died shortly after he returned, in those four hundred years since he lived the perfect life of a rich family spare son and dissolute playboy. He wasn’t greatly used by the family and he also didn’t have a lot of money, but he was very easygoing and loved to spend money, so he would do all sorts of random things to earn his keep. He would disappear for chunks of time from months to even years, and his friends and family all got used to it.

Because Fang Feng Bei’s personality was very relaxed and didn’t like to fight for anything, his relationship with his brother Fang Feng Zheng and his sister Fang Feng Yi Yang was very cordial.

Xiao Yao sighed. If what she suspected was true, the real Fang Feng Bei died over four hundred years ago and no one knows the current one is fake. Because Xiang Liu had been living as Fang Feng Bei for over four hundred years, even if he was fake initially over time he was accepted as the real one – so the Fang Feng Bei everyone has known in his entire adult life has always been Xiang Liu.

But why? What was Xiang Liu trying to get out of it? Fang Feng family was prominent enough but he could have impersonated a son from an even more powerful family. Plus Fang Feng Bei was concubine born so he had no influence in the Fang Feng family. If Xiang Liu wanted anything, he would have chosen better.

Xiao Yao mulled it over for a long time but couldn’t figure out Xiang Liu’s reason for doing it. This was a pretense that wasn’t just for a year or two, he was already Fang Feng Bei before she was even born. Xiao Yao gave up trying to figure it out.

nathsketch:

FFB was an adolescent when he ran away and he was gone for 50 years. XL said that when "FFB" returned from the north, his face had been injured and required treatment from a physician. Between those factors and how filial FFB was to his mother in her last years, the Fang Feng family didn't question his identity.

nathsketch:

What AH said.  Plus, I want to say she's younger, isn't she?

Kokuto:

What AH said.  Plus, I want to say she's younger, isn't she?

Yes, AH came with her excerpts and all my doubts were gone lol

She is, you’re right!

AH :
In XY’s dream, she’s young again, and back on the ocean surface. She is wearing the wedding gown that she wore when FFB took her away from her wedding with Feng Long. The full moon is rising, and XL is standing in the clam shell. He extends his hand to her. Reminiscent of the hand extended by the mermaid sitting in the clam shell in the ice crystal ball. XY walks to him and takes his hand. They kiss, finally together, and the shot pans up to the full moon and fades to white.

We need more traffic on here. This forum will be bombarded with gifs and my favorite passages from the novel later....... I'll also add some chapters that I found sad

Elise:

That would be the ideal ending! I'd empty my bank account to see that! LOL

It's really beautiful, Elise! What can we do to make it happen???? I'm dying here