Winny24:

I just saw this scene..the way he jump into water...lol...im so happy to see his smile again..

lol he didn’t even care, he gotta pluck flowers for his beloved. He’s like hoppti whoop in I go lmao

peng-peng:

Jing with the help of XY healed  himself. XY with the help of Jing healed herself. 

Had XY ran away with XL, she would still have been carrying her deep wounds caused by her mother abandonment  and the  hurt of being a bastard.  XY would have never been able to have internal peace. Those 2 things were extremly important to her. I am glad that Jing changed her because he knew her. Xl did not her but also did not. 

I am glad that XY opened her heart to Jing, longed for him and ONLY  him.  She let him warm her cold heart. 

Oh might I add, she’d have died a tragic death like her mother too. She didn’t want that kind of life for herself. She’d NEVER leave ZX or her kingdom for the enemy, just look at how she saved ZX when she recognized it was her cousin all along. Do you really think she’d let anyone harm him?

@Sunbath

Yeah, I think using that term "plot device" can be misleading and that's what has bothered me about some of the posts on the main page. Any character at times will be used to drive the plot forward, but unless they are a very minor, undeveloped character, they cannot be merely a plot device. So the way I see it, all the main characters in this story (including Jing and XL) are truly complex characters. They all have a beginning, middle and ending and eliminating any one of them would severely alter the story.

Yes...I just scroll down and saw that comment too...and very long biased one in my opinion because some informations are not as in novel as she claim..I don't know if she just try list down facts(some are not correct) to badly criticize on Jing.. 

Yes Both Jing and  XL complex . I still think Jing was more written in details.. He is not as absent as XL. The charm of the character is different . Jing is love interest of XY and also supporter of CX to throne of Da Huang whereas XL is clearly  opposite side of ZX.. that is sometimes i called him antagonist if we consider ZX side of story and he's main ml.   (but XL is not a villain or bad guy). If we look at from the core of the story, after we follow XY life and emotional development, we also follow ZX conquering the whole Da Huang... of course it depends on each type of reader.. however..either to say good or bad...i wish readers  look at their actions more..

I agree with you that XL is very hard to read - he keeps his true feelings close to himself. It's mostly to the reader of the novel and through TJC's performance that we are allowed some insight into what he truly feels. Even XY does not know in the end everything that is going on inside him. And yes, different characters speak to different people. Like you, I connect more with Jing and his story as opposed to XL (in both book and drama).

Yes I agree that drama did a more better connection with TJC's excellent portrayal, especially on emotional scene. Overall I think it's development.

As much as I understand XL character, he was so lonely creature since he was born. And it seems that he was extremely loyal to those who had been nice to him, in this case was Hong Jiang or Gong Gong. It's not clear in novel but in drama its cleared he's abused, just like XY. And he has this hot temper of physical hurting WXL whenever she made him angry. Actually those scenes are uncomfortable for me. I think he  made WXL asked him to remove bug from ZX into himself because he was lonely and did not want to cut tie from her?  But the way he did is still manipulative for me. Booking at how he used to care for real FFB mother, seeing how he's fiercely loyal to Gong Gong and his army, I think he did know about caring and emotion before knowing XY. But XY I think had fulfilled XL in the loneliness curing as how they both enjoy time together as XY and FFB. There  is also this playmate word used..and that XL was relaxed around XY. To me i dont think that XL is changed after meeting XY, its more of their curiousity&loneliness brought them together. He tried not to hurt her anymore because she became another person he cared. So his character development i think  we probably getting is we got to explore more of his  softer side more and more. But his choice still is on Gong Gong... And I also had a feel hes not hesitate to use XY  for his army..but probably not hurting her directlly like before? But then i still think XY will choose ZX over XL anyway..

But then..to fully judge hes still secretive. 

As for jing i think..Jing is more explorred in the novel. I want to write on him separate post more properly..

FTCU:

Yeah, he proposed to her. The part was my favorite part of the novel cos of what he told her before asking her hand in marriage.

What did he tell her? Did he play zither again and transform as a fox?😆 How did he propose? How did she react? I don't care about spoilers anymore, I want to know how romantic they are in season 2.

oturanh_grinmjk:

What did he tell her? Did he play zither again and transform as a fox?? How did he propose? How did she react? I don't care about spoilers anymore, I want to know how romantic they are in season 2.

lol it was a long sweet speech,but he conjured plum blossom 🌸 flowers before giving his speech,XY blushed soo hard she didn’t know what to do.  Her heart didn’t skip a beat when Feng long proposed to her,but her heart was beating wildly when Jing did. After she said I do,she ran away,went into a hut & was smiling saying what’s wrong with you XY,snap outta it lmao.

@Blueberries Field

TSJ is one of the protagonists. We were told his backstory, from being the golden child until his mother died and his brother found out why the mother hated him. Then, at the lowest point in his life, he met XY. His story evolved; if we were to remove this character, it would significantly alter the plot.

I also sometimes felt the need to defend Jing on the main page because many posts are unkind towards him. However, I feel it is a losing battle and a waste of my time, knowing that the other fans are unlikely to change their opinions on Jing.

Yes Jing story is well told. His emotions flaws and strength are also discussed.  I read that analysis . But well..she need to reread with unbiased mood to get some info correct and not to add opinion as info..😅

I am not active much these days on mdl..but i will to write on jing.. time to time....we are not writing who hated jing...  Because they have case closed with Jing being as they see in their delulu eyes. Its for more Jing fans to see ..there are fans of jing on mdl too. 

I really like how XY abruptly turned her head when she heard Jing’s‘I’m here’ voice. It’s like she wanted to cry but more like tears of joy of finally being with the man she loves.

FTCU:

lol it was a long sweet speech,but he conjured plum blossom 🌸 flowers before giving his speech,XY blushed soo hard she didn’t know what to do.  Her heart didn’t skip a beat when Feng long proposed to her,but her heart was beating wildly when Jing did. After she said I do,she ran away,went into a hut & was smiling saying what’s wrong with you XY,snap outta it lmao.

Oh my goodness, they should include this.

We are very happy yaojing nation today!! 

soTreeD:

We are very happy yaojing nation today!! 

Yes we are 👏🏽 

Also I’m glad the production team released statements regarding the drama. Talking about how people should respect the drama and opinions. We should also report any tarnishing reviews or accounts. Im glad they pointed these things out,cos I’m sure they know about how toxic it became especially a certain cp,trying to go as far as to diminish what the author wrote.

Message from the production team

W

I will try best to follow the rules...but I will still call "delulu" to those too serious about this hidden that were never  written thing or  .taking 1 word phrase that doesnt represent the whole thing or meaning when it is not as a whole..  why would any proper readers or viewers to take some teasing as  more serious than that is much  more shown in the plot... lol

Anyway I promise i will try best not to interact with those who has .. umm.. different  eyesight... 

I will try best to just enjoy our cp..  

Winny24:

Message from the production team

W

I will try best to follow the rules...but I will still call "delulu" to those too serious about this hidden that were never  written thing or  .taking 1 word phrase that doesnt represent the whole thing or meaning when it is not as a whole..  why would any proper readers or viewers to take some teasing as  more serious than that is much  more shown in the plot... lol

Anyway I promise i will try best not to interact with those who has .. umm.. different  eyesight... 

I will try best to just enjoy our cp..  

This is what I was talking about, as far as I know CX & FL cp have been very accommodating, it’s only the other one that’s trying to fight anybody who says they don’t like their ship. As for us YaoJing, we understand if you don’t vibe with the cp(even tho they were the most popular cp last year/heck they still are,even nr.16 now that s2 is about to air,it won’t take long til it hits nr 1 again). But don’t insult the commentators nor insult Jing’s character just to uplift yours,it shows how low your self esteem is. Let’s enjoy the drama without all this brouhaha 

FTCU:

Oh might I add, she’d have died a tragic death like her mother too. She didn’t want that kind of life for herself. She’d NEVER leave ZX or her kingdom for the enemy, just look at how she saved ZX when she recognized it was her cousin all along. Do you really think she’d let anyone harm him?

the thing  is XY was thinking of going away with XL before her wedding to FLg . If XL had turned up she would have. I agree that she would not let anyone harm ZX, but she also was putting him in danger. She knew that Bei tried to kill ZX, she knew that he was XL. She never once shared these information with ZX at all.  Nobody knew that she was making all the poisons for XL. Her poison made his blood so poisonous that she could not even create a cure against it. She only realised this when FengLong died. If it had been ZX I do not know what she would have done to herself because she was partially responsible for it.   Also she knew that XL was using the bug connection to kind of keep tab on were ZX could be if around her. 

MDL admin should put some rules in the main comment section .