Another reason I'm uncertain about his villain role is the many things uncertain about it

The video u shared @ChunTian has the former name of his villain role and former title

Since we have this on topic, what do you think about those two changes? 

ChunTian:

I never got round to completing Rise of the Phoenixes. Maybe I should.

Ahh the good old days of a drama having more than 60 episodes. LOL

Gone are those days 

But you know about the ending?

Many avoid the last few epis and rate it low because of that hahahaha

casie:
Since we have this on topic, what do you think about those two changes? 

Not understanding this, as in Weiwei playing a bad guy for a change?

casie:
But you know about the ending?

Sad and tragic as how it would realistically be in a real life setting. How can an Emperor have his cake and eat it as well right? Sighs. 

It is hard for modern people to fathom how royals and nobles lived their lives back then. The filial piety card used on Jing by his grandmother is very real, followed by family rules for honor, clan responsibilities and even more rules and regulations if one was noble or royal. 

I remember one Chinese variety show went to the streets asking random folks if they wanted to be one of the Emperor's women in the harem. Out of the whole bunch asked, all said no except for 1 girl who said she wanted to be a concubine because she wanted to eat and dress well. Her friend looked at her in horror. LOL Palace life needs a certain kind of person to survive in there and one won't necessarily get to eat or dress well unless one is in the top 10. 

ChunTian:

Not understanding this, as in Weiwei playing a bad guy for a change?

The change of his name role and the title sorry

ChunTian:

Sad and tragic as how it would realistically be in a real life setting. How can an Emperor have his cake and eat it as well right? Sighs. 

It is hard for modern people to fathom how royals and nobles lived their lives back then. The filial piety card used on Jing by his grandmother is very real, followed by family rules for honor, clan responsibilities and even more rules and regulations if one was noble or royal. 

I remember one Chinese variety show went to the streets asking random folks if they wanted to be one of the Emperor's women in the harem. Out of the whole bunch asked, all said no except for 1 girl who said she wanted to be a concubine because she wanted to eat and dress well. Her friend looked at her in horror. LOL Palace life needs a certain kind of person to survive in there and one won't necessarily get to eat or dress well unless one is in the top 10. 

Ahahahaha sorry your last paragraph, maybe that person haven't watched enough dramas about life in the palace, competition is everywhere and survival is like the hunger games

The ending of TROP is unforgettable

You're right about that but it was also the card that gained Tushan Jing haters

@casie Is this what you saw? 

The changes Cha Shuo Xun and The Legend of the Rosy Clouds to Zheng Shi and Take Me Where The Clouds Rise?

They were no good. Cha Shuo Xun has more sexy appealing tone like Sakujun Sa for the Japanese name, has closer feeling to a villain name. It's more suitable for his costume styling. The new title has the same number of words used as in the original but it looks rather lengthy. The impact of the changes depend on each person's point of view and knowledge on the original story and characters. 

Deng Wei plays two roles for this drama, one is a good guy and the other is a pyscho who's bored in life and took a liking of Shuurei, the fl. The good guy is within the fl's circle of friends and protectors, the picture I shared above is one of the scenes in the anime. He had more scenes than the psycho. Sakujun Sa appeared the least in the anime but he stole several kisses from her, you can't tell whether he really likes her, just playing with her, passing time with his boredom, or what. However, there's this chemistry between them. I thought for a sec if I am feeling sick for rooting for them.

This is the same as what ChunTian shared from youtube. Can you feel the combination of his two roles and the attraction? 

Ahhhh...thank you for your explanation @kayjxy!

Thank u @kayfxy

His eyes for the second photo has the psycho villain vibe ♥️

I'd be interested in the fight scenes 

casie:
His eyes for the second photo has the psycho villain vibe ♥️

One of the most beautiful male villains for me. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ 

casie:
You're right about that but it was also the card that gained Tushan Jing haters

I take it that they are ignorant of the way things worked in olden days.

When one watches a period drama, we must look at things from the perspective of that point back in time where things are very different from the 21st century. Example: the dreaded filial piety card. LOL

I felt for Jing every time grandma took out that card. It's like he can't say no to her but he so wants to. Poor foxy. 

casie:
The ending of TROP is unforgettable

On my first watch of TROP, I really did not like the ending. I felt like the last few episodes was weird, a lot of the characters seemed to change. Several years later (and older haha), watching it again, I could see what they were going for, and it did make sense that it was what it was. I'm a lot more accepting of so called sad/bad endings now as I am older. There can be a poetry to it, and unfortunately in real life it is often the case.

kayjxy:
Deng Wei plays two roles for this drama, one is a good guy and the other is a pyscho who's bored in life and took a liking of Shuurei, the fl.

Very interesting. Makes me even more interested in this drama now. Never read or looked at the original source material (probably won't have time to either), so I'll go into the drama completely blind.

ChunTian:
When one watches a period drama, we must look at things from the perspective of that point back in time where things are very different from the 21st century. Example: the dreaded filial piety card. LOL

I felt for Jing every time grandma took out that card. It's like he can't say no to her but he so wants to. Poor foxy. 

Exactly. Filial piety is no small thing lol. Even today, it really still pervades in a lot of East Asian cultures and families. I felt like the Tushan family stuff was an important part of the Jing's story arc to struggle through that and realize that maybe he could have done things differently. It was also XY's realization later on that she could have helped Jing through that whole family stuff if she really invested her whole being into the relationship. So while it was frustrating to read and watch that part of the story, it was an important core element to the themes of the story. It is to DW's credit that he made me actually feel so much for Jing. Normally I'd be annoyed at this sort of stuff in period dramas.

Sunbath12:
Very interesting. Makes me even more interested in this drama now. Never read or looked at the original source material (probably won't have time to either), so I'll go into the drama completely blind.

If there's Weiwei, I will give it a go. Hopefully, the storylines are good. Cdramas sometimes go crazy on a perfectly good story and ruin it via their script. LYF is an example. Sighs...

Sunbath12:
Exactly. Filial piety is no small thing lol. Even today, it really still pervades in a lot of East Asian cultures and families. I felt like the Tushan family stuff was an important part of the Jing's story arc to struggle through that and realize that maybe he could have done things differently. It was also XY's realization later on that she could have helped Jing through that whole family stuff if she really invested her whole being into the relationship. So while it was frustrating to read and watch that part of the story, it was an important core element to the themes of the story. It is to DW's credit that he made me actually feel so much for Jing. Normally I'd be annoyed at this sort of stuff in period dramas.

I guess the folks who criticize Jing for being spineless are the same folks who don't get the filial piety card and responsibilities of his position. I too think Jing sometimes is very indecisive, but I understand where it comes from and feel for him. He is caught in the middle. And because he is also kind, he tries to do it in a way that causes the least damage which can be hard to achieve. It is so tough on him. 

When I first saw the horrific wounds on Jing, I was so taken aback and then to learn later on it was inflicted by Hou. I hated Hou to the core since then. His end was too easy and romantic. Killed by the woman he spurned but who still loved him. Just via an arrow through the heart only. Urgh! Poor Jing suffered so much.

Some folks say Jing spoke too little, even in the YSQ arc, just nodding his head and giving puppy dog eyes. Not a fair statement because Jing could barely speak in the beginning due to Hou damaging Jing's vocal cords. I think Jing gradually healed enough to be able to speak more but can never sing again right? Poor foxy.  But I am happy XY came to her senses later on and helped him resolve the mystery about his nephew. The fact that XY keeps thinking of happy times with Jing during their QingShui days and then in current days, childishly trying to upset Jing with harsh words and ignoring him shows that XY still has Jing in her heart. Who walks up the wedding aisle with eyes on an ex? LOL

ChunTian:
Cdramas sometimes go crazy on a perfectly good story and ruin it via their script. LYF is an example.

Hah, don't I know it! Everything was set up so well in S1, and it just doesn't pay off super well in S2.

ChunTian:
Killed by the woman he spurned but who still loved him. Just via an arrow through the heart only. Urgh! Poor Jing suffered so much.

I think that scene where Hou and Jing "fight" and then FFYY offs Hou has got to be one of my least favorite in the drama.  It's just lackluster. And I feel as though there was a missed opportunity to close the arc between FFYY and Jing. In the novel, she finally recognizes his strength, and it's such a great moment for Jing, who has suffered so much because of her and Hou.

Sunbath12:
think that scene where Hou and Jing "fight" and then FFYY offs Hou has got to be one of my least favorite in the drama.  It's just lackluster. And I feel as though there was a missed opportunity to close the arc between FFYY and Jing. In the novel, she finally recognizes his strength, and it's such a great moment for Jing, who has suffered so much because of her and Hou.

To me S2 was all over the place. Like just tell the story people, don't mess it up with all kinds of irrelevant shenanigans. All the 4 leads came across ridiculous because it was not well handled. 

I am currently rewatching S2 and feeling proud that Jing wanted to try to stop XY's wedding to FL himself since XL was rockstar late. LOL...To be honest, XL really cut it close. One more bow and FL and XY would be man and wife. Poor Jing must have been panicking. But proud of him. 

Another piece of beef I have is with the comment that Jing pays money to get things done. To be fair to Jing, he is sickly and weak thanks to Hou, then add on his sadness derived illnesses because he lost XY. He is one sickly fox. Poor baby. That move XL did which blew away the guards when he was first entering the wedding hall would have caused Jing's death. So much spirit energy needed. Maybe if Jing was as before his torture, he could have done it himself, but in his current state, all he could do was to pay for XL's services. And XL could have said no to the money, but he didn't. He said yes to the money. Everything was done out of free will.

I need a TSJ foxy plush. I would probably hug the living daylights out of it whilst rewatching LYF.  Sighs...poor foxy.