casie:
Which of his two dramas would you like to see first, Take Me Where the Clouds Rise or Love of the Divine Tree? 

Hard to choose! As long as they air, I will watch them whichever one first. 

Mmmm....But I must say I look forward to see Weiwei as a villain for a change, so I guess that would be the Cloud drama first then the Divine Tree one. LOL

casie:
Which of his two dramas would you like to see first, Take Me Where the Clouds Rise or Love of the Divine Tree? 

Either one - whatever is ready first haha

Sunbath12:

Either one - whatever is ready first haha

😂

ChunTian:

Hard to choose! As long as they air, I will watch them whichever one first. 

Mmmm....But I must say I look forward to see Weiwei as a villain for a change, so I guess that would be the Cloud drama first then the Divine Tree one. LOL

I'm uncertain about his role as the villain 😥

I used emojis if they become question marks again

casie:
I'm uncertain about his role as the villain ?

He looks so sexy in black. 

ChunTian:

He looks so sexy in black. 

Did he wear black for his villain role?

Deng Wei himself is sexy 🤭

casie:
I'm uncertain about his role as the villain 😥

Yeah, I usually don't root for the villains, especially in Chinese dramas - they usually deserve their terrible endings lol. But it'll be a nice change for Deng Wei. He's been the shining good guy (most notably here in LYF as Jing), but it'll be interesting to see if he can pull off a charismatic villain type.

Coming back to the topic of this thread, I'd normally find a character like TSJ not super enthralling. My kind of male lead has tended to be of course good at heart but maybe with some kind of edge or darkness or misunderstood part. One of my favorite male leads from C-drama land is Ning Yi from The Rise of Phoenixes (sounds like the ML in Love of the Divine Tree is more my usual type). Somehow, however, DW made me feel full of empathy toward Jing - and his love for XY just soars for me.

casie:

I never know how to use emojis on here. I'm technologically challenged haha.

casie:

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. I have given up using emojis in the discussion threads. 

casie:

Did he wear black for his villain role?

Deng Wei himself is sexy ?

Weiwei horse riding, looking oh so fine. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/zVT7N-OXByk?si=8bnxUolBkbegkmZ9

Similar video without the blue tinge.

https://youtube.com/shorts/pqc1CbIIdwo?si=zRFLEoRj5KmzOuLd

Enjoy. 

Sunbath12:

Yeah, I usually don't root for the villains, especially in Chinese dramas - they usually deserve their terrible endings lol. But it'll be a nice change for Deng Wei. He's been the shining good guy (most notably here in LYF as Jing), but it'll be interesting to see if he can pull off a charismatic villain type.

Coming back to the topic of this thread, I'd normally find a character like TSJ not super enthralling. My kind of male lead has tended to be of course good at heart but maybe with some kind of edge or darkness or misunderstood part. One of my favorite male leads from C-drama land is Ning Yi from The Rise of Phoenixes (sounds like the ML in Love of the Divine Tree is more my usual type). Somehow, however, DW made me feel full of empathy toward Jing - and his love for XY just soars for me.

I agree that one gets back whatever karma one puts out. Bad actions cannot lead to a good end. But sometimes the villain's backstory can be so tragic of how they came to be, I feel empathy for them despite agreeing to the terrible end they received. There are 2 such villains on my list and it would have been nice if they had a chance for redemption. Sighs.

Jing is a sweetheart when it comes to love. He can be decisive in business but he values relationships and the people he loves. To him, people cannot be treated as commodities. I think that is very admirable quality on top of his kindness. 

Weiwei has that very sweet look about him and has always played the prince in shining armour. He was also the kind prince Xiao Lin Till the End of The Moon. I cried my eyeballs out for him when he was betrayed but still wrote a beautiful letter of forgiveness to his wife. It would be interesting to see him go full on villain.

Sunbath12:

I never know how to use emojis on here. I'm technologically challenged haha.

It's okay, emojis are just emojis

Sunbath12:

I used to keep a long list of irritating villains in Chinese dramas hahaha What I hated the most is a villain who deserved a heavy beating for what he/she has done but got away unscathed 

I think he can pull off a charismatic villain role because he was also known to fans in his monster boy days and I saw a few shots of him on X that sort of mirrors his monster_boy vibe 😂

I remember this, the Rise of the Phoenixes is one of the best Cdramas that didn't bore me to death with historical, political and a mix of romance and one of the reasons is the chosen ml and fl, Chen Kun and Ni Ni When I see the title I remember Chen Kun as Ning Yi with his long hair down, the chemistry brought by Ni Ni and CK and the ending

I agree with u, it was Deng Wei and the emotions he put in shaping the character that pulled me to Tushan Jing, it was the role that made him cry the most 

ChunTian:

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. I have given up using emojis in the discussion threads. 

Hahahaha MDL should do something about it

I never got round to completing Rise of the Phoenixes. Maybe I should.

Ahh the good old days of a Cdrama having more than 60 episodes. LOL

ChunTian:

Weiwei horse riding, looking oh so fine. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/zVT7N-OXByk?si=8bnxUolBkbegkmZ9

Similar video without the blue tinge.

https://youtube.com/shorts/pqc1CbIIdwo?si=zRFLEoRj5KmzOuLd

Enjoy. 

Thank u, you're the best ♥️♥️♥️

I only remember him wearing brown with that hairstyle 😂