We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Winny Aye:
 Just notice from rewatch and reread. Hope we get to clear this of in upcoming chapter.. Was she really allowed and appropriate in doing?  But knowing Tushan granny very fond of this lady in red...she might go blind eyes....

Yeah my guesses too...

Winny Aye:

Yes..and since chapter 5, I have a feeling that both WXL and Jing are used advantage between XL side and Xuan side.

@Winny : Xiang Liu Drowning Xiao Liu for Advantage -“If Xuan was dead, I’d be a lot better.” 

Xiao Liu’s entire body was still aching so he couldn’t move and could only lay on top of him. Xiang Liu pulled Xiao Liu’s arm “Does it hurt?”
He will hurt a lot.

Xiang Liu laughed “This voodoo bug is decent but not good enough.”
“If it was a life-linked voodoo bug, you wouldn’t even hesitate and would kill me, right?”
“Yup, too bad it just shares pain.” Xiang Liu’s voice shared his regret.

Xuan laughed at Xiao Liu “Doesn’t matter if you guys are close or not, he listens to you. Have him play with me. I’ve heard of his famous reputation for so long but never had a chance.”
Xiao Liu’s eyes twirled “I want to play, too.” Xuan sighed “
Fine, you place the pieces, he calls the moves.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XIAO LIU - TUSHAN JING as PAWNS

Strategic Use of Relationships in Chapter 7:

• Xiao Liu's Influence on Tushan JingC.Xuan recognizes the influence Xiao Liu has on Tushan Jing. He might see this as an opportunity to strengthen ties with the Tushan Clan. If Jing is emotionally attached to Xiao Liu, leveraging this connection could be a strategic move.

• Xuan's Political Calculations: Xuan's interest in the Tushan Clan suggests a political motive. He could be using the emotional dynamics between Jing and Xiao Liu to forge alliances or gather information. Their relationship becomes a valuable asset in the larger political landscape.

1. Xiang Liu's Manipulation:

• XL's Involvement: Given XL's involvement and manipulation in various events, it's plausible that both Xiao Liu and Jing are unwittingly becoming part of a larger scheme. XL might be using their emotions and relationships to further his own agenda or fulfill a mission.

• Leveraging Personal Connections: XL may see the emotional ties between Jing and Xiao Liu as exploitable. By manipulating these relationships, he could create chaos, divert attention, or gain advantages in his dealings with  Cang Xuan.

2. Power Struggles and Alliances:

• Caught in the Middle: Xiao Liu and Jing might find themselves caught in the power struggles between Xuan and XL. Their emotional bonds and personal connections make them susceptible to manipulation by these higher-powered entities.

• Unintended Consequences: As Xiao Liu and Jing navigate their own feelings and relationships, the consequences of their actions may have ripple effects in the larger narrative. Their personal struggles could inadvertently impact the balance of power and alliances.

3. Ambiguous Loyalties:

• Uncertainty in Allegiances: Both Xiao Liu and Jing might be uncertain about the true allegiances of the powerfull around them. They could be unintentionally contributing to the plans of XL and Xuan without fully understanding the implications.

• Emotional Turmoil as a Weapon: XL might be using the emotional turmoil of Xiao Liu and Jing as a weapon against Xuan. By manipulating their feelings, he could indirectly influence Xuan's decisions or distract him from other critical matters.

4. Long-term Consequences:

• Unraveling Events: As the story progresses, Xiao Liu and Jing may gradually realize the extent to which they are being used. This realization could lead to a shift in their actions and motivations, impacting the larger narrative.

• Repercussions of Emotional Manipulation: The emotional manipulation orchestrated by XL and  Xuan could have long-term repercussions, affecting the relationships between the characters and the trajectory of the overall plot.

Exploring these dynamics will likely require a close examination of character interactions, dialogues, and the unfolding events in the narrative. Keep an eye on how Xiao Liu and Jing's personal journeys intersect with the broader schemes of XL and Xuan.

Drama cover pics, pointing out to some of the Xiao Liu / Tushan Jing pawn moments in ch7/ep11-12.

Winny Aye:

Before I wrap up chapter 7...I would like to congratulate on Lost You Forever team and production and cast and everything ...

I wonder if this is from production team..

Clap clap => Deserved <3

Just sharing this relaxing moment with Xiao Liu clowning around :D!!! <3

Given the tone of the whole chapter/episode, I welcomed this short gag as a deep breath of incoming fresh air...Thank you Xiao Liu :D!

Symbolika1:

Just sharing this relaxing moment with Xiao Liu clowning around :D!!! <3

Given the tone of the whole chapter/episode, I welcomed this short gag as a deep breath of incoming fresh air...Thank you Xiao Liu :D!

She likes teasing like that. XD

About Voodoo Bugs

This is from drama where Xiang Liu learn abou

t these lovers bugs. It is not from the novel but drama. He knew more about the bugs than Xiao Liu but he did not let her know about yet accept to share it with her, who knew nothing much. Yet also make her promise to do one thing for him. For me personally it sounds like a bit of cheating. 

I am thinking about this love bugs curse on love less connection that it can lead to unless troubles and that the couple could not live together if there is no love. Even worse the couple could be killed by poisonous bugs. Is the bugs connection blessing or a curse? I hope to uncover more in upcoming chapters.

Winny Aye:

About Voodoo Bugs

t these lovers bugs. It is not from the novel but drama. He knew more about the bugs than Xiao Liu but he did not let her know about yet accept to share it with her, who knew nothing much. Yet also make her promise to do one thing for him. For me personally it sounds like a bit of cheating. 

I am thinking about this love bugs curse on love less connection that it can lead to unless troubles and that the couple could not live together if there is no love. Even worse the couple could be killed by poisonous bugs. Is the bugs connection blessing or a curse? I hope to uncover more in upcoming chapters.

I have said it many time, it was a curse for  XL  only.  WXY never planted it  into him  because he was her lover. 

Winny Aye:
About Voodoo Bugs

Winny Aye:

In the novel at chapter 7, he actually , as she states she don't know more than the infliging pain property, say many more lines on it's fonction: - “The pair of voodoo bugs you have is very rare. If you want to remove it, the only way is to find another person and lure the bug into that person. " It's implied-He makes fun of Xiao Liu not knowing more. But close the discussion to get a promise:

“I can help you lure the bug into me, but you have to promise that in the future you will do one thing for me. If I ask, you will do it.”

Xiao Liu thought about it “Other than killing Xuan.”

“Fine.”

“I also can’t kill Tu Shan Jing.”

“Fine.”

Also the text : ...were like friends who had not seen each other in a long time . 

Xiao Liu’s expression grew dark and he said to Xiang Liu “I have a bad feeling about this. This bug is sooooo strange. It’s not as simple as I thought it was.” 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you pointed out with screencaps - he goes to get info about the bug just before the assassination of Cang Xuan (double played as we saw with hil and FFYY) and tell her , Xiao Liu, nothing at all. Retaining all gathered info to himself..

"The magic is unpredictable , even if there is no love it 's perhaps possible to function"- (why would the man even explain if it doesnt have some plot intention), and further predict a tragic developpement for a planted bugs that encounter one sided love.

Winny Aye:
I hope to uncover more in upcoming chapters.

We will. Yet his motives, by not telling all to Xiao Liu imply : lack of trust,? scheming? protection? Desire to feel what love is ? - Doesnt start well with extracting a promise -  With all that happened in this chapter 7 : Xiaojing s as pawns in others party intentions -as you said , we'll see further implications of it as story unfold.

The screenwriters (TH) - was anyway much clearer on this point in the drama version :)

Thanks Winny <3

peng-peng:
 WXY never planted it  into him  because he was her lover. 

Situation is simple:

He ask for it.: “Then put the bug inside me.”  

She doesnt know what's in stake.:"...creatures and monsters were all in the same world, perhaps he might know something. " 

Motives?: we'll see further.

Symbolika1:

Situation is simple: He ask for it. She doesnt know what's in stake.

Motives?: we'll see further.

Totally

peng-peng:

Totally

Completly :D!

Chapter 7 Wrap Up and Overall Take

The Chess Match : The Loser Treat
I consider this whole chess match scene somehow chilling overall rather than competing although it is a chess match. Xiao Liu tried to avoid Jing. Nevertheless, she was  totally happy to play chess with Xuan, and was spoiled by Jing. In fact, Jing let Xiao Liu lead the match, although she's crappy in it, but he will fix it up for her. Winning or losing is not important as long as there is happiness. In this way, Xiao Liu also get to enjoy the match.
In the context, it is said that Xuan only used one third of his skill in playing with others. However, with Jing, Master Qing Qiu, he was putting 100%. He was not so happy he won in the end because the opponent Jing, may not have used all his skills.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2902391&page=344#p2902391
Fang Feng Yi Yang and Tushan Jing
Tushan Jing's fiance, Fang Feng Yi Yang, had appeared in Qing Shui Town. Was she coming to meet Tu Shan Jing? Her family background was told by Xuan in the novel of how whole family and ancestors are great archers. The legend told that their ancestor shot the star down before.

By what Jing Ye said, it represents how Fang Feng Yi Yang and Tushan Jing were compatible. Because she's beautiful and delicate yet very good at archery. And Tushang Jing can design bows for her. She liked sightseeing and he could drew landscapes for her. And that she's a good chess player.

Nevertheless in this meeting Tushan Jing returned her elegant bow courteously.

By what Jing Ye had recalled Tushan Jing was a great businessman. Moreover, he was sweet and considerate. However, times had changed her master Tushan Jing did not seem to have passion in life as before after disappearing for 9 years. He was treated 6 years in Hui Chun Clinic . What happened in 3 years were unknown. Jing claimed he had no memory. However Jing Ye already suspected the elder brother.

All in all in this part of chapter, we finally Jing's fiance and how much she looked compatible to him. Nevertheless, this was his first time seeing her. Their interaction was way too formal for a couple.

Is it true that Jing had lost passion in life as Jing Ye claimed? Did Fang Feng Yi Yang came to Qing Shui town to meet Tushan Jing or did she have other intentions?

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2903689&page=344#p2903689

Wen Xiao Liu & Xuan
By the conversation, Xuan had some interest in Tushan Clan., whether the clan would became his ally or enemy. He might have wanted to use Xiao Liu for the connection. He might have guessed the influence Xiao Liu had on Tushan Jing.

And another fact  revealed in this abstract is that Xuan knew his limit that he might not be able to win on fight with a demon general as Xiang Liu.

I may skipped some scene to when Xuan got injured from arrow shot already.

Xiao Liu showed her concern for Xuan deeply here because Xuan was struck by Fang Feng Yi Yang's arrow. She was willing to steal the ice crystal for him. Xiao Liu did show her knowledge of knowing the ice crystal and how to cure it. I think that probably had good impression on Xuan.

Overall in chapter 7, Xuan overall had good feelings towards Xiao Liu although he had not realized that Xiao Liu was his long lost beloved cousin. Xiao Liu had saved his life two times. And it seemed Xuan was impressed by Xiao Liu medical knowledge and skills. He offered her to go with him. And SHE REFUSED. Because she was attached to life in Qing Shui town. In previous chapter Xiao Liu also refused the shelter from Xiang Liu when Xuan was after her. In fact, I have a feeling that Xiao Liu did not want any of these political conflicts in her life . She just wanted a  quiet life although maybe curious and long for advanture at times, a normal life is a treasure to her.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2904639&page=344#p2904639

Was Wen Xiao Liu disappointed Jing/Ye Shi Qi had a fiance?
Wen Xiao Liu knew that Jing had fiance. But we could all feel that she was disappointed and not feel so right about Jing having fiance. She always comforted herself that it's normal people come and go away from her. Yet she still could not take at the mentioning of Jing's fiance.

Of course Jing would help her very easily to get Ice Crystal to heal Xuan's wound. In here, he also made Jing promised her never to kill Xuan. And Jing agreed easily. We can see Wen Xiao Liu trust Jing completely. Although she may not dare to reveal about Fang Feng Yi Yang assasination attempt on Xuan, she was just happy Jing was not part of this issue. The scene also include Wen Xiao Liu's teasing  to Jing Ye, showing her naughty bubbling side.
https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2904733&page=344#p2904733

Xiang Liu Drowning Xiao Liu for Advantage
Xiang Liu hinted how he wanted Xuan dead. Xiao Liu knew he wanted her to follow him, so she did. Xiao Liu might already guessed that Xiang Liu might hurt her. I felt uncomfortable in reading how Xiao Liu shook his head in fear and plead. In fact this whole scene is uncomfortable to me. In my previous post I have already shared Xuan got shot by the Fang Feng Yi Yang's arrow. The plan Xiang Liu and Fang Feng Yi Yang to work together to kill off Xuan. It was no surprise he will be using Xiao Liu, who had bugs connection with Xuan at the time. Even though she said she wanted make Xiang Liu miserable, she did not clearly hated him that is why she still can talk to him mostly in good manners. I guess she understood well that Xuan and Xiang Liu were from opposite side. Therefore they fought to kill each other may feel just normal to her. But at the same time , Xiao Liu was still clearly siding with Xuan. It was shown by her shaking legs and even to ask him about why he was loyal to Gong Gong. And their conversation is in bicker in nature. Despite, Xiang Liu drowning Wen Xiao Liu for taking advantage in hurting Xuan, he managed to reveal he actually did not have bad feeling towards her even when she called in 9 heads demon because she did not really loathe him. And he only loathe those who look down on him because he 's 9 headed demon. And then he asked about voodoo bugs Xiao Liu used on Xuan as he was interested. All in all , the relationship between Xiang Liu and Xiao Liu could use the term "mixture of not friend & not enemy" . While Xiang Liu was using and hurting Xiao Liu, he did not want it up to get her killed , so far, andd Xiao Liu was scared of Xiang Liu, she still did not hate him and like mocking in front of him.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2905403&page=345#p2905403

The Blissful Moments Under the Ocean
Since chapter 3, we have already learnt that water (river&stream) makes healing and happy feelings to Xiao Liu. And in here again she was really happy to be in the ocean. But what more surprising is that Xiang Liu was happy and smiled. Did it mean that he was in love with her ? He already knew she's a woman in  man's body. If so he still treated her roughly before. Why did he make such a vicious deal with her? We will need to see how their relationship will continue to go.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2905465&page=345#p2905465

Overall Review

Plot is getting more complicated. Tushan Jing's fiance is finally introduced. She already had plotted assasinating Xuan allying with Xiang Liu. How is Xiang Liu connected with her? 

Xiao Liu was caught in between Xiang Liu and Xuan. One was whom she had tie while trepassing Sheng Nong army and another one was her beloved cousin in her childhood, in her past. Xiao Liu protected her cousin at all cost, even to make a deal with Xiang Liu in trabsfering bug.  Even though, she may not be following him back.

Xuan's character  is still rational and good manner even though he tortured Xiao Liu for kidnapping A Nian before. We can see he appreciated Xiao Liu for helping him, saving his life two times and Xiao Liu's medical skills. However, this appreciation of could be mixed up with Xiao Liu's possible usefulness to him, such as connection with Tushan Jing.

And then we can see the voodoo bug is taking more role. Because now it ties Xiao Liu to Xiang Liu. Despite using her , hurting her physically and making her his controlling deal to remove voodoo bug from Xuan, he seemed to have developed some deeper feelings for her. And she,  despite all the hurting, was happy in  the ocean journey with Xiang Liu after they came back from Five Gods Mountain, Gao Xing. And their bugs were recognized as "friend". We know Xiang Liu knew more about the bugs than Xiao Liu. He could definetly see she didn't know. So why did he kept it secret from her, when they were sharing this bugs tie now and he making her promise to do one thing for him, if she break the promise, all that she loves and the happiness would turn bitter. What is his intention at all??? Besides, she felt strange and bad feelings after the walnut melted into splashes of color and half of which which went inside her palm and half into Xiang Liu. Was this only her pessimistic feelings. Or would the bugs become obstacles for them? Especially for Xiao Liu because she only have one life and now is connected to Xiang Liu, who was fighting in war with  Xuan Yuan. 

With matters between Xiang Liu and Xuan, Wen Xiao Liu still met Tushan Jing on occasions, and need help from him. He was just so happy to  see her. She tried her best to stay away from him. Yet she still had to encountered him. Besides, she really did not feel good in him having fiance. If we really notice, there is actually attraction between Xiao Liu and Ye Shi Qi. There were several intimate touching, I will wrap up about their interactions and why I think that after we cover few more chapters. We will need to see how their relationship will continue to grow in upcoming chapters.

Okay..that's it for chapter 7. Let's move to chapter 8. 

Winny Aye:
Besides, she felt strange and bad feelings after the walnut melted into splashes of color and half of which which went inside her palm and half into Xiang Liu. Was this only her pessimistic feelings. Or would the bugs become obstacles for them? Especially for Xiao Liu because she only have one life and now is connected to Xiang Liu, who was fighting in war with  Xuan Yuan.

+Agree (above screen captions of ep.12):

Novel chapter 7 :

Just after the bug is implemented, Tong Hua give us a full grasp on how Xiao Liu experience it:

Xiao Liu’s expression grew dark and he said to Xiang Liu “I have a bad feeling about this. This bug is sooooo strange. It’s not as simple as I thought it was.” 

It is a lover bug that has been connected to a person who  is not her lover. Hence the bad feeling. Bug is supposed to recognised  a lover but it recognised a Friend.  

Even than, he dodge from any answering or explanation. Living her with her bad feelings about it. 

Winny Aye:
Of course Jing would help her very easily to get Ice Crystal to heal Xuan's wound. In here, he also made Jing promised her never to kill Xuan. And Jing agreed easily. We can see Wen Xiao Liu trust Jing completely. Although she may not dare to reveal about Fang Feng Yi Yang assasination attempt on Xuan, she was just happy Jing was not part of this issue. The scene also include Wen Xiao Liu's teasing  to Jing Ye, showing her naughty bubbling side.

Thank you Winny <3 What a ride this PAWN episode!:D

peng-peng:

I have said it many time, it was a curse for  XL  only.  WXY never planted it  into him  because he was her lover. 

Yes...she did not its lover bugs. She raised it as poisonous bugs to harm and protect herself ....but she did not really have all info..