ah_luck:

Hello, just joined your wonderful discussion.     I have been reading most of your discussions and am very impressed.    Thanks for sharing your interesting thoughts and especially your insights into this great story.    I am joining from Bangkok and hope to learn a lot more from you… thanks.     Merry Christmas.

Hello... thanks u so much for appreciation...I am just happy to know. And ohh I am also living Bangkok. .

...im just glad we have some cool days here 

Merry Christmas

ah_luck:

@Winny Aye

I was reading your analysis on “why Xiao Liu did not want to use painkiller for his wounded hands” and I was most impressed with the wonderful analysis you presented.      I went back to re-read the book and noted that in Chapter 5 of my Thai translated book (page164).      I felt that perhaps the answer was implied in the conversation between Xiao Liu and Jing.     May I offer my simplistic reason for this?    Since Xiao Liu was most scared of pain, perhaps he would not mind so much if that pain was to be felt by Xuan as a way of getting back at him..    That was also the reason he planted the voodoo bug on Xuan in the  first place.    Perhaps he figured after 4 days the bug may have the chance of being transferred from Ah Nian to Xuan and it should start working already by that time.      I know it may sound too simplistic and I am sorry if it wasted your time, but I am sure you are kind and wouldn’t mind so much… thanks and sorry…

Yes ..it should be that she wanted Xuan to suffer so she did not apply pain killer on purpose. But i was looking at how she wasting all the medicine.. So i thought she wanted to get healed sooner. And yes she was surely scared of emotional pain (scared of being abandoned). Thanks so much for adding this fact. ♡

ah_luck:

@Winny Aye

I was reading your analysis on “why Xiao Liu did not want to use painkiller for his wounded hands” and I was most impressed with the wonderful analysis you presented.      I went back to re-read the book and noted that in Chapter 5 of my Thai translated book (page164).      I felt that perhaps the answer was implied in the conversation between Xiao Liu and Jing.     May I offer my simplistic reason for this?    Since Xiao Liu was most scared of pain, perhaps he would not mind so much if that pain was to be felt by Xuan as a way of getting back at him..    That was also the reason he planted the voodoo bug on Xuan in the  first place.    Perhaps he figured after 4 days the bug may have the chance of being transferred from Ah Nian to Xuan and it should start working already by that time.      I know it may sound too simplistic and I am sorry if it wasted your time, but I am sure you are kind and wouldn’t mind so much… thanks and sorry…

Hello :) Are you refering to this article?:

Subject => Connections between Xiao Liu's - Yeshiqi 's approach to pain and torture: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?page=340

Quick answer: Xiao liu's relation to pain killers/pain is quite the opposite (related article covered context, and related text). See page 340 :). 

We also have seen that her main reason to transfer the bug on Xuan was to get some control on him (as he was hurting her at that time).

Overall how you could interpret our text that way?  Have a nice day :).

ah_luck:

@Winny Aye

I was reading your analysis on “why Xiao Liu did not want to use painkiller for his wounded hands” and I was most impressed with the wonderful analysis you presented.      I went back to re-read the book and noted that in Chapter 5 of my Thai translated book (page164).      I felt that perhaps the answer was implied in the conversation between Xiao Liu and Jing.     May I offer my simplistic reason for this?    Since Xiao Liu was most scared of pain, perhaps he would not mind so much if that pain was to be felt by Xuan as a way of getting back at him..    That was also the reason he planted the voodoo bug on Xuan in the  first place.    Perhaps he figured after 4 days the bug may have the chance of being transferred from Ah Nian to Xuan and it should start working already by that time.      I know it may sound too simplistic and I am sorry if it wasted your time, but I am sure you are kind and wouldn’t mind so much… thanks and sorry…

Hey!  After Re reading you , you are absolutly correct, it's chrimass time, so very quick replies, but we will be happy to discuss further, and sorry, I misundrestood initially your post, because I literally translated to french. Please excuse me :)!!! We'll be back to discuss , cheeers to you!

Xiao Liu is showing how ingenious,smart/ ressourcefull  she is - by doing so :)

ah_luck:

@Winny Aye

Hi Ah _luck

Welcome here.

You are indeed  correct.  WXL is willing to endure the pain  so that Xuan would  feel it as well. Indeed WXL is getting back at Xuan the best way he can.  

Chapter 8

My Analysis Part 8

It's Just You and Me

Abstract 

Shi Qi quietly held Xiao Liu and Xiao Liu quietly listened to his heartbeat. In this place of death, separated from the world’s enticements and entanglements, it made the complicated relationship between a man and a woman so very simple. It was just him and her. Xiao Liu suddenly felt right being here and that was calming.

Xiao Liu said “How about we never leave here.”

“Fine.”

“What’s fine?”

“It’s fine staying here.”

“What’s fine about it?”

“Just you. And me.”

Xiao Liu laughed knowing that Shi Qi also understood. There was so much that made life complicated purely due to circumstance. The old married couple living in the far off secluded mountains, they were actually the envy of so many who live glamorous lives of conflict.

Xiao Liu asked “Shi Qi, are you so good to me because you are repaying a debt?”

Shi Qi’s body stiffened and he said nothing for a long time. Xiao Liu was leaning on him so could feel his heart beating so fast it might burst out of his chest. Xiao Liu casually added “I saved you, let you stay for 6 years, and now you’ve done everything and more for me. When we get out, we’re really even. You don’t need to worry anymore, I will never go ask you for anything and get you in trouble. I promise to stay far far away from you……”

Xiao Liu’s mouth was suddenly shut by Shi Qi’s hand. Xiao Liu struggled but Shi Qi wouldn’t release his hand. Finally Xiao Liu naughtily licked the center of his palm with his tongue and Shi Qi was like being hit with an electric shock and released him. Xiao Liu was also shocked by what he just did and his mouth was gaping open and his entire face was flaming red.

The two of them remained frozen in silence.

Finally Shi Qi spoke “I won’t leave you.”

“Why? Why not leave? Because of gratitude? I told you that you’ve repaid it.”

Shi Qi didn’t answer and stubbornly repeated “I won’t leave you.”

“What? Do you want to stay with me for the rest of your life then?”

Shi Qi was silent for a moment and then said with absolute certainty “My entire life.”

Xiao Liu sighed “I’m a man, don’t you think you’re being weird.”

This time Shi Qi’s response was immediate “You’re a girl.”

Xiao Liu actually felt Shi Qi had known for a long time that she was a girl, but how did Shi Qi know? “Why are you so certain? Even Xiang Liu being that smart can’t be absolutely certain I’m a girl.”

Shi Qi softly chuckled “That’s because he hasn’t seen you……” He suddenly shut up.

“Seen me what?”

Shi Qi refused to explain so Xiao Liu got more curious “Seen me what?” Xiao Liu shook Shi Qi’s arm coquettishly and wheedled “Not seen me what? Tell me! Tell me!”

Xiao Liu was always acting like a loutish man and this was the first time showing a pouty girlish side. Even in the darkness and Shi Qi couldn’t see her face clearly, he was already defeated. He said “The first time I bathed after I was strong enough, you sat to the side and I saw…..when you saw my body…..I knew you…..to me…..”

Xiao Liu yelped and then covered her face “You’re lying! I didn’t, I didn’t!”

“I’m not lying.”

“You’re lying, it’s totally a lie. I never blush.”

“I’m not lying.”

Shi Qi usually gave in to whatever Xiao Liu wanted so this was the first time he was so absolutely stubborn and unwilling to concede to her. Xiao Liu turned around and refused to face Shi Qi or talk to Shi Qi anymore, using action to show that Shi Qi was lying and until he admitted it then she wasn’t going to talk to him.

Shi Qi called Xiao Liu but she didn’t acknowledge, he tugged her a bit but she ignored him. He was afraid her leg hurt so didn’t want to use any strength.

Shi Qi was silent until Xiao Liu felt all wronged and grumbled “Such a little matter and you won’t even give me in to me.”

Shi Qi replied “It’s not a small matter.”

Xiao Liu pouted, if this wasn’t a small matter, then what counts as a small matter?

Being in the dragon bone prison, it felt like the world had only Ye Shi Qi and Wen Xao Liu, even if they were taken here as prisoners. 

It's in here that Jing/Shi Qi was finally able to let out his feelings by starting out with him knowing of Wen Xiao Liu being a female. And promising what he wanted to do most which is to never leaving her in his entire life. I really like this intimate tease scene  between Shi Qi and Xiao Liu when she licked his hand because he shut her mouth.

According to him, her shyness as a woman   was no small matters. While Xiao Liu was too shy about it and pouted. 

I have so many feelings towards this scene. It certainly is romantic. It feels like the couple caught in a prison, yet able to make the time of warmth and the time to confess true feelings. So this prison became their uniting place. 

@Symbolika1

Xiao Liu is showing how ingenious,smart/ ressourcefull  she is - by doing so :)

@peng-peng

You are indeed  correct.  WXL is willing to endure the pain  so that Xuan would  feel it as well. Indeed WXL is getting back at Xuan the best way he can.  

@ah_luck

Yes...its absolutely..indeed.. Lol i miss that point before and was more into her endurance of pain. But yep Xiao Liu did have her planning and dealing in matter in her way., sometimes having to use her pain.

@Winny Aye 

"I have so many feelings towards this scene. It certainly is romantic. It feels like the couple caught in a prison, yet able to make the time of warmth and the time to confess true feelings. So this prison became their uniting place."

that's why i love the dragon bone prison  and this chapter 8  as well . The prison became thier untimiy place ut kind of also intimate place.  J This moments is very important in relation to WXL  but I will explain it in my analysis tomorrow.  

peng-peng:

@Winny Aye 

"I have so many feelings towards this scene. It certainly is romantic. It feels like the couple caught in a prison, yet able to make the time of warmth and the time to confess true feelings. So this prison became their uniting place."

that's why i love the dragon bone prison  and this chapter 8  as well . The prison became thier untimiy place ut kind of also intimate place.  J This moments is very important in relation to WXL  but I will explain it in my analysis tomorrow.  

thanks so much for the reply...I am looking forward to your analysis ...i would love to see your take especially on Wen Xiao Liu..

Romans_Revenge:

Just passing by to say Merry Christmas ?? ??.

Lol...Merry Christmas Romans...yeh...visit here sometimes ♡♡

Merry Christmas to all XiaoJing fans ...

Merry Christmas everyone!

Dear friends… just a note to say thanks for all your kind welcome.   Unfortunately, it seems my account is still being reviewed by management, and I did try to reply to some of your greetings… but I couldn’t post anything yet.     Perhaps I will have to wait a few days for the review to be approved… in any case,  just want to say hello and Merry Christmas again, sorry….    i have never done this sort of thing before so everything is still very new to me (despite being such an old man)…

I will say though that Lost You Forever is such a great and thought provoking show… there are many subtleties and even more possibilities, I often found myself puzzled by some of the scenes.    I have many many questions and I was so happy to have found your discussions…. You are all very insightful and your approaches are also very solid and well thought out… hopefully you can help me understand and enjoy TH‘s composition… thanks