Hi, I have a suggestion. Nowadays, many people are creating multiple fake accounts to spread hate through comments, fake reviews, and fake upvoting of reviews. It's very easy to create a fake account on the website since it doesn’t even require email verification. If possible, can you implement stricter measures to prevent the creation of fake accounts? For example, requiring email or phone number verification could help. I believe this would discourage people from making fake accounts.

Honestly, the atmosphere on MDL has become very toxic due to the hate spread by these fake accounts. Many of my friends have left MDL for this reason, and I am also feeling uncomfortable. Please consider taking action to prevent the creation of fake accounts, or you risk losing your loyal fanbase.

Aoi Community Manager

We do require email verification. Phone verification is not exactly cheap either, and you can easily buy a fake number. IP detection doesn't really work because you can rotate IPs or use a VPN.

No, for creating new account we dont really need email verification (atleast on websites). 

I have myself created 2-3 such accounts to confirm if we can create fake accounts with fake mail id. And it worked. Although from those accounts we cant comment but they can be used for upvoting reviews. Many people are doing it, i have recently seen something similar in Lovely Runner's review page. Please take quick action on them. 

Aoi Community Manager

I believe that's a bug, and we will make a push to fix it. However, unverified account votes don't really affect the show. We do require accounts to be verified to do anything else.

No, im talking about votes for reviews. People are creating fake votes for upvoting reviews.

Aoi Community Manager
 Socialpulse:

No, im talking about votes for reviews. People are creating fake votes for upvoting reviews.

Yes, that is a bug.

Aoi:

Yes, that is a bug.

Please check your DM. 

Aoi Community Manager
 Socialpulse:

Please check your DM. 

Yes, it is a bug

Aoi:

Yes, it is a bug

Please fix that bug asap and remove fake upvotes from reviews so that other genuine review will get recognition.

Aoi Community Manager

Please read my previous post about the fix.

Aoi:

Please read my previous post about the fix.

I just want to thank you for all the hard work you do here.  It is very much appreciated.

Aoi Community Manager

We have banned all accounts related to fake upvotes. Please do report issues like this to us, because if you don't, we won't know. Everyone seems to complain about it in comments or feeds or to each other, but no one really report it on here.  Thank you @Socialpulse