ChunTian:

My heart feels the pain for the loss of his other tails. Such cruelty. T*T

hahahahah I feel like I have to correct all the wrong idea about Jing's lost tails... TT

First off, its confusing but I think Jing is not a real fox... lol he just got the fox deity bloodline...

The tails lost in the battle with Hou is from the spirit fox he was channeling. His organs were still heavily injured when he took battle damage when his brother ripped off the tails from the fox he was channeling, but its not really his body.After he cultivate his spirit energy again and its restored, he can summon a fox with all nine tails again... and ... its weird to say this but I am sure Jing's butt is tail free...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAH 

Mmmm.....Jing fluffed out 9 tails when we first saw him in S1. And XY has the physical fox tail of the 9 tailed fox that she killed in her youth which Jing said could be his relative. This is so confusing indeed. Is Jing a foxy or not? Or just a his astral self is a fox. Not to mention in other xianxia dramas, 9 tailed foxes cannot seem to grow back their missing tails. Did Feng Jiu of Eternal Love of Dream get back her tail that she sacrificed? It's been too long since I last watched, but I think she lost one of her tails? 

ChunTian's head is getting big and eyes @@

If as you shared, Jing just needs to cultivate his spirit energy again and can fluff out all 9 tails when he gets better. I am much comforted. 

But hey...not bad, Jing's tail should get a discussion thread of it's own!!! Whole paragraphs about it. LOL

Deng Wei Live Stream for SkinCeuticals. No subs though. 

Hope he is recovering well from his high fever.

https://youtu.be/H8ePmfgV6o4?si=rT_qAnahN0QHMfNy

ChunTian:

Mmmm.....Jing fluffed out 9 tails when we first saw him in S1. And XY has the physical fox tail of the 9 tailed fox that she killed in her youth which Jing said could be his relative. This is so confusing indeed. Is Jing a foxy or not? Or just a his astral self is a fox. Not to mention in other xianxia dramas, 9 tailed foxes cannot seem to grow back their missing tails. Did Feng Jiu of Eternal Love of Dream get back her tail that she sacrificed? It's been too long since I last watched, but I think she lost one of her tails? 

ChunTian's head is getting big and eyes @@

If as you shared, Jing just needs to cultivate his spirit energy again and can fluff out all 9 tails when he gets better. I am much comforted. 

But hey...not bad, Jing's tail should get a discussion thread of it's own!!! Whole paragraphs about it. LOL

The fox that captured Xiaoyao is an actual nine-tailed fox demon.
In the novel, Jing told Xiaoyao its probably a distant relative lool When she was worried about Madam Tushan being upset, Jing told her that it deserved what it got because it tried to eat her first.

But Jing is with the bloodline of the divine fox deities from long ago ( probably like Bai Qian HAHAHAH ) The Tushan descendants can shapeshift, good at illusion spells etc. But as the 'pure' bloodline to be in line for clan leader, the nine tailed fox demons is the king of all fox kind, but the Tushan leader is apparently the King of the nine-tailed foxes...

Jing is watched over by the divine fox guardian, who appears to help him when he needs it. In the burning desert, it is described as appearing to ease his suffering in the intense heat...

But yes the drama was very confusing because they made tails appear just that one time lol
No more budget for anymore appearances hahahah

soTreeD:
But yes the drama was very confusing because they made tails appear just that one time lol
No more budget for anymore appearances hahahah

Yeah, sadly, they allocated very little budget to Jing's special effects. 

In the novel, Jing also had a crane right? No budget for that too....

Ok, then I would like to think he still has 9 fluffy astral tails. *ChunTian grabs all 9 of Jing's tails and squeezes them happily again.*  Mmmmm...no wonder they feel light and fluffy like clouds. Astral Tails! LOL 

soTreeD:
probably like Bai Qian

Who is Bai Qian? As in FengJiu's aunt? 

Tushan family is somehow a royal family then. 

ChunTian:

Who is Bai Qian? As in FengJiu's aunt? 

Tushan family is somehow a royal family then. 

That is the only nine-tailed fox deity i know hahaha
the one from TTEOTM is a fox demon right... not enough tails..
Of cos Tushan is like royalty lol Tonghua basically gave Xiaoyao a prince... lol

FTCU:

Guys, go check dramatics twitter,she has posted on her blog again. www.whysodrama.com

This was a fascinating read. I had long noticed the use of the moon in the first season and in the novel - so glad someone sat down and analyzed it all. I'm again reminded how much season 2 missed out. The beauty of how much is told in the novel in each scene is lacking in certain parts of the drama.

Take for example the scene where Xiangliu cuts ties with XY after he tries to assassinate CX and kills FL instead. The scene reaches its emotional peak when he finally gets her to realize who really killed Jing. And then when he seemingly cruelly gets her to give him her blood - we eventually figure out as the reader that he is doing it to save Jing. It's an interesting sequence of events and it is much more poignant in my opinion than what happens in the drama.

Ah well, we'll always have the novel.

soTreeD:
one from TTEOTM is a fox demon right... not enough tails..

Yes, a very pretty fox demon. She originally had 9 tails but had to use 2 to get out from the Demon Realm. So 7 tails left and cannot regrow. 

Hmm...if fox deities and fox demons are relatives of sorts, how come some are deities and some are demons? Curiouser and curiouser.  

I think that could be a thesis for submission in DaHaung university. ;-D

ChunTian:
Ok, then I would like to think he still has 9 fluffy astral tails. *ChunTian grabs all 9 of Jing's tails and squeezes them happily again.*  Mmmmm...no wonder they feel light and fluffy like clouds. Astral Tails! LOL 

I think someone should make a foxy plush with 9 soft fluffy tails. LOL

ChunTian:
Mmmm.....Jing fluffed out 9 tails when we first saw him in S1. And XY has the physical fox tail of the 9 tailed fox that she killed in her youth which Jing said could be his relative. This is so confusing indeed

I think AH quoted some passages in the novel regarding the Tushan family and whether they are deity or demon (which is usually how I've seen the nine-tailed fox depicted). It seems like in LYF, they are both.

ChunTian:

Yes, a very pretty fox demon. She originally had 9 tails but had to use 2 to get out from the Demon Realm. So 7 tails left and cannot regrow. 

Hmm...if fox deities and fox demons are relatives of sorts, how come some are deities and some are demons? Curiouser and curiouser.  

I think that could be a thesis for submission in DaHaung university. ;-D

hahahahah honestly thats why I don't like Xianxia in the past...

The three realms are a bit too much like our real life... lower class-demons, middle class -humans, upper class - deities
LYF stood out for me because in this world, there is equality. Even though demons may be looked down upon but they are all still able to get good job placements ( LOL ). If I am not mistaken this was a policy the old Xiyan King started?

Demons need to cultivate from a 'lower' base form like animal for thousands of years just to obtain a 'human form'. And yet they are still low level demon when they first achieve the form. They then need to cultivate for even longer just to reach a respectable level similar to a deity. But as deities they are born already have a 'human' form I guess?

In LYF the rabbit demon/spirit? when she gave birth it was a litter of baby rabbits but later we see her babies grown into human form lol Also I am curious.. why sometimes they call it 精 / 妖 / 妖精?
Like is there a difference to spirit or demons? I remember yangzi  played a grape spirit lol they didn't call her grape demon right.

Sunbath12:

I think AH quoted some passages in the novel regarding the Tushan family and whether they are deity or demon (which is usually how I've seen the nine-tailed fox depicted). It seems like in LYF, they are both.

Tushan family governs all fox kind... so I think it includes everything from deities to demons to the foxes in the forest. As the Stone in the drama explained, the purest bloodline was Tushan Hou and Tushan Jing.

Tushan Tian will probably be pressured into marriage much sooner than those two, because he is the last of that particular bloodline now. hehe

I hope yaojing will work hard. LOOL

soTreeD:
I hope yaojing will work hard. LOOL

LOL...No pressure YaoJing. But we need a conclusion for all of them.

Like where did Jing and XiaoYao finally settle at? And yes, everyone wants to know if there are little foxes in the mix for YaoJing.

Did AN and CX have kids? What happened to XinYue? Was she alone for the rest of her life with CX? Did CX have other kids with his various concubines? CX should be the one with the most kids considering he has the most wives. LOL

Who did Rushou end up with in the end? Or another loveless marriage as bestowed?

I guess TH wants to leave it up our imaginations. 

I’m guessing they did end up in qingshui town,cos XY wanted to go back to that simple life. Where in qingshui? Nobody knows. I’m sure they did have kids,how many? Idk,cos I remember in the leak script,they were talking about kids(which should’ve been in the drama too,but got cut out again for some useless reason).Xingyue I’m guessing became a powerless queen,despite the new merits she got(drama vers). I don’t think CX would have kids with her after what she did. 

Also remember the last scene CX & a’nian went back to qingshui,CX bumped into someone & he thought it was XY? So he knows she came back but doesn’t know where she & Jing are. Nian did tell him XY could be anyone(she can change her appearance)