We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Kokuto:

How did the test go?

Did the teacher accept Tan Jian Ci as the correct answer for all the questions?

Ah yes, I got everything right!

And she said my calligraphy is better than most Chinese students she had back home 😋😎 She told me that with phones and technology nowadays, people sort of forgot how to actually write things, and she said it’s been a while since she saw such a pretty writing heuheheueheueh

nathsketch:

Elise, any progress with your Weibo account?

Elise:

not yet

You got the wrong gif there, Elise.  Here we go.

nathsketch:

Ah yes, I got everything right!

And she said my calligraphy is better than most Chinese students she had back home 😋😎 She told me that with phones and technology nowadays, people sort of forgot how to actually write things, and she said it’s been a while since she saw such a pretty writing heuheheueheueh

Nice!  Artist skills pay off!

Congrats!

ErickaRamirez:

In my old community we had a big lake and there was an alligator there. I never saw it but one of my neighbors told me that she did near to her house.

I remember that so many years ago I was going to work and there was a huge traffic jam trying to get into the I-75 and I didn’t know what was happening. Everything was because there was a big turtle trying to cross the road 😂

The one wildlife we didn't have to worry about... gators.  Thank goodness.

But turtles, yes.  We had a bunch.  They were good neighbors.  Though the dog gave them a hard time.

Kokuto:

You got the wrong gif there, Elise.  Here we go.

They really need to hurry up and send her that code. I have no one to talk to over there.

And I feel weird postings things randomly hahaha

Kokuto:

Nice!  Artist skills pay off!

Congrats!

Thank you! Yes, that’s what makes it so fun! They’re drawings! 

nathsketch:

They really need to hurry up and send her that code. I have no one to talk to over there.

And I feel weird postings things randomly hahaha

Girl.  I see you everywhere.  Post away.  And they will come.

And by "they" I mean our fellow fans. ;p

nathsketch:

Thank you! Yes, that’s what makes it so fun! They’re drawings! 

Yes!  It's inking complete with line weight.

Kokuto:

Girl.  I see you everywhere.  Post away.  And they will come.

And by "they" I mean our fellow fans. ;p

Now you’re scaring me. Am I really everywhere? I need to dial it down a bit 😹😹😹

But I’ll treat that account as any other social media. Use it for work related stuff, you know? Keep things professional. 😅

nathsketch:

Kok, I found you on YouTube.

I'm proud to say that we indeed are long-lost sisters.

Things we like:

- Marvel;

- The Folio Society;

- Loreena McKennitt;

- Dramas;

- Sony Soundtracks. My favorites are Pride and Prejudice, Outlander and Hans Zimmer's scores, all of them.

... and the obvious one. Don't even need to mention him.

Yes.  The Obsession.  I need to clean up that YouTube and do some organizing.  Make it easier to find things.  Add some more obsessions. ;p

And that about covers the essentials.  I'm taking a bit of a hiatus from Marvel right now, but even though they've done my boy dirty,  I'll be back.  It's been a constant.

You like Loreena McKennitt?  Awesome!  She's not as well known as she should be.  But I love her music.  I think the Visit was the first album I heard.  I love her Lady of Shallot and the Highwayman.

Soundtracks and scores are great for doing stuff that requires a bit more focus, so they've always been favorites.

nathsketch:

Now you’re scaring me. Am I really everywhere? I need to dial it down a bit 😹😹😹

But I’ll treat that account as any other social media. Use it for work related stuff, you know? Keep things professional. 😅

LOL!  You aren't alone.  If I'm seeing you everywhere, then I must be there too... at least visiting.

Okaaaaay.  If you say so.  lol

Kokuto:

Yes.  The Obsession.  I need to clean up that YouTube and do some organizing.  Make it easier to find things.  Add some more obsessions. ;p

And that about covers the essentials.  I'm taking a bit of a hiatus from Marvel right now, but even though they've done my boy dirty,  I'll be back.  It's been a constant.

You like Loreena McKennitt?  Awesome!  She's not as well known as she should be.  But I love her music.  I think the Visit was the first album I heard.  I love her Lady of Shallot and the Highwayman.

Soundtracks and scores are great for doing stuff that requires a bit more focus, so they've always been favorites.

Who’s your Marvel boy? They did so many characters dirty. I’m taking a bit of a break too. After Endgame, I only watched WandaVision, and that was for work.

I do! I really love her songs. My favorite is The Mystic’s Dream. I can listen to it on repeat every day. It was because of Mists of Avalon. I love that movie

Soundtracks are always on my playlists. Can’t choose a favorite! 😻 

nathsketch:
Who’s your Marvel boy? They did so many characters dirty. I’m taking a bit of a break too. After Endgame, I only watched WandaVision, and that was for work.

I do! I really love her songs. My favorite is The Mystic’s Dream. I can listen to it on repeat every day. It was because of Mists of Avalon. I love that movie

Soundtracks are always on my playlists. Can’t choose a favorite! ?

Namor.  Probably my first fan crush.  Hated, anti-hero, sea prince whose costume consists of nothing but green scale speedo.... and abs.  I clearly have a type.  The movie changed him up, but kept lot of the essence (green trunks!), so I was happy.   But he's been trashed in the comics, and has disappeared for most of this year.

I watch most of the movie and TV stuff.  I need to rewatch Loki and get on season 2.  He's a fav of mine.

Oh yeah.  Mystic's Dream is a good one too.  Well, all of her stuff.  I didn't know it was in Mists of Avalon.  Will have to revisit that.  I'm actually listening to Cyndy Lauper's Sisters of Avalon right now.  :)

I can't choose either.  Though I lean toward the older guys, like Zimmer, Williams and Horner.  I'm not as familiar with the newer composers.

Ahhh Namor. Yes, it makes sense! I don’t know much about him, and I haven’t watched the new Black Panther.

Oh, I forgot about Loki! Yes, he’s one of my favorites, my second favorite. I only watched the first season, so yes, a rewatch is in order :)

Same, I love her style of music, it’s so magical.

Same same same. The newer ones I like are Max Richter (though not exactly new), and that extremely talented cellist who performed Joker’s score. Hildur Guonadóttir. I probably wrote her name wrong :P

Oh cool.  I'll check them out.  I did watch a few of those movies, so I'm sure I've heard them.

Loreena is definitely magical with many influences.  I also love how she uses poems.  Fabulous.

Don't get started on Namor.  I will not shut up.  MCU Namor is very divisive ... as he should be.