nathsketch:

Yeah, that's something positive, for sure. I've never seen any of those except on TV and on disaster movies, which I hate. ? Too frightening

I can imagine that those special windows are pretty expensive. They shouldn't be though, they are a necessity in these situations.

They are but when you live in an area like Florida it is a good investment. We didn’t take the advantage because we moved here and I thought that it was going to help us to get a higher appraisal when we sold the house, but it didn’t 

nathsketch:

Hurricanes scare the living daylights out of me too. Just seeing them on tv makes me go pale. Can’t imagine living on a place where that’s a normal occurrence.

They’re scary. But I never live near to the sea. We were always like 40-45 from any beach. But one of the worst hurricanes that affected south Florida before I moved to the United States was in Homestead and that city isn’t close to a beach. I think that hurricane regain power after entering the coast line 

nathsketch:

Yeah, it's no joke. I'm such a scaredy-cat. Every time it starts raining a bit heavier than usual, I already get in panic mode lol

One should be worried about bad weather.  I always make sure I have a flash light and dog leashes ready when we get warnings.  I too participate in the storm hysteria shopping and make sure I have sandwich fixings and water bottles.

I distinctly remember two F5 tornadoes coming through Birmingham, thankfully on the other side of town, but I still got the bad wind and rain.  I remember calling the dogs into the house, and I could see the wind rushing towards us along the tree line on the back of the property, as it snapped a big tree in my neighbors yard.  It was like a CGI wind monster.  Scary stuff.

Kokuto:

One should be worried about bad weather.  I always make sure I have a flash light and dog leashes ready when we get warnings.  I too participate in the storm hysteria shopping and make sure I have sandwich fixings and water bottles.

I distinctly remember two F5 tornadoes coming through Birmingham, thankfully on the other side of town, but I still got the bad wind and rain.  I remember calling the dogs into the house, and I could see the wind rushing towards us along the tree line on the back of the property, as it snapped a big tree in my neighbors yard.  It was like a CGI wind monster.  Scary stuff.

?

ErickaRamirez:

But they have a positive thing if you can call it like that. At least you have time to prepare for it. Buy food, emergency equipment, install the shutters/wood panels and if it’s coming directly to you, you have the time to evacuate. Not like an earthquake or a tornado. 

It was a nightmare for my husband to put up the shutters but we always had our best friend to help and viceversa or good neighbors. So they helped us and we helped them. In our last house when we bought it, the accordion shutters were already there so that was great and then my husband decided to change the windows for the impact ones. It was like 25000 dollars 

My brother owned a condo on the Florida panhandle and it seems like every other year he had to pay extra for hurricane clean up.

You get storm warnings a couple days in advance, but you don't know if they are going to be actual tornadoes.

ErickaRamirez:

I love living there so i can’t complain. Thank goodness that we only lost power for days 3-5 days, some loose roof tiles but nothing more in 21 years. I remember that Sebas was so scared once while the hurricane was passing through that he threw up ?

Ouch.  Poor guy.

Alot of people seem to love it, given how many people live there.  But I don't think it is for me.  Of course, everywhere I've lived has had their own weather problems.  I lived in Colorado for three years, and their snow fall was no joke.

Kokuto:

My brother owned a condo on the Florida panhandle and it seems like every other year he had to pay extra for hurricane clean up.

You get storm warnings a couple days in advance, but you don't know if they are going to be actual tornadoes.

For tornadoes?? Because we received there warnings for tornadoes on the tv or the cellphone. But in Florida I never saw a powerful tornado like the ones that you see in the tornado alley 

It started raining again. It’s nonstop!

Enough of the scary.  We need more Tan Jian Ci!

ErickaRamirez:

For tornadoes?? Because we received there warnings for tornadoes on the tv or the cellphone. But in Florida I never saw a powerful tornado like the ones that you see in the tornado alley 

Yes.  Tornadoes up here.  Weather reports talk about powerful storms coming in with a chance for tornadoes. But we don't get actual tornado warnings until the storms are coming in.

Kokuto:

Enough of the scary.  We need more Tan Jian Ci!

All these close-up shots are killing me hahahahaha

nathsketch:

IKR?  So pretty.

Kokuto:

Ouch.  Poor guy.

Alot of people seem to love it, given how many people live there.  But I don't think it is for me.  Of course, everywhere I've lived has had their own weather problems.  I lived in Colorado for three years, and their snow fall was no joke.

I couldn’t live in a place where snows like that. Snow fir me is beautiful to see it but not to live with it. I had a coworker from Colombia too that used to live in NJ and she told me that once she was at work and there was a snow storm that day and when she went ti look for her car, it was completely buried under the snow. 

And I’m so bad with cold weather. When I went to Toronto in 2005 for new year, I got so sick because of the cold. I got cistitis and when we went to Niagara Falls in January 1st I was in pain and bleeding every time hat I needed to go to the bathroom. I have thyroid problems so the temperature of my body is usually lower, and that’s why I always sleep with blankets even in South Florida because the AC for me was cold during the night ?

nathsketch:

♥️❤️♥️❤️

nathsketch:

It started raining again. It’s nonstop!

??‍♀️??‍♀️. Finally here the sun came out