I mean.... It looks like a 50/50? Or is it like a 60/40? 70/30? 

Like listen, she was always waiting for her husband to pay attention to her and I get that she grew tired of her husband always running off to the emergency room, and she seems like she is guilty of something (though we don't know what that is) where she was like she wants seung hyo to forget that memory of her getting into the car with the vice minister-person. And again when the suk sisters were discussing mi suk's husband might be cheating she nearly chokes on her drink.

But then again it feels like they always JUST KEEP MISSING EACHOTHER, like it was Hye suk's birthday and she waz disappointed that her husband didn't remember it and when she was just coming home after the suk sisters party she finds the vice minister waiting for her outside so obviously she feels like he is more attentive towards her than her own husband (she can't be blamed for that exactly) but the heart-wrenching part of it all was that her husband had been going around from store to store searching for her favourite flower, "lily of the valley" just for him to see them outside.

So, my question in the end is, did Hye Suk really cheat or not?

I feel like she didn't..!! There is a huge communication gap between Hye suk and her husband! So maybe there's some misunderstanding on both the sides that led them to this situation...! But then again idk ..!! This Drama is too unpredictable at this point .

50/50 for me

but the vise minister dude is a bit too touchy touchy towards ML's mom. 🤔 i feel like she is getting sexually harassed but she is putting  up with it cuz she need to keep her job. Idk i was just thinking. And maybe it kinda misinterpreted by both the son and father.

He Lian:

but the vise minister dude is a bit too touchy touchy towards ML's mom. ? i feel like she is getting sexually harassed but she is putting  up with it cuz she need to keep her job. Idk i was just thinking. And maybe it kinda misinterpreted by both the son and father. 

I think so too, while she feels a little uncomfortable I don't think she can be blamed completely for accepting the little attention the vice minister was showing her considering how she gets nigh nothing from her husband as we can infer from how she reacted to just him putting the food from the boxes into the cutlery for her ot eat, and how happy she was just see him show her a little bit of affection, only for him to text her and say, "even our kid is grown up now so if you want to leave you can" like— no. That's not how that's done. So ultimately it was the lack of communication between Hye Suk and her husband that led to all these misunderstandings

I don't think she did. I feel they're just really good friends. I also think her and her husband grew apart because they were so busy over the years, and there is also a communication gap between them, They probably don't have much too talk about now that their son is grown. Honestly hope the fix their relationship.

*Fingers crossed the boss is secretly gay*

He Lian:

but the vise minister dude is a bit too touchy touchy towards ML's mom. ? i feel like she is getting sexually harassed but she is putting  up with it cuz she need to keep her job. Idk i was just thinking. And maybe it kinda misinterpreted by both the son and father. 

I don't think so, after all she's the one who keeps approaching him and not the other way round. If she truly was uncomfortable and was being harassed, she would do her best to avoid him but they look like they're on good terms. 

What surprises me is that she's clearly been associated with having an affair, by her husband or son who probably experienced that painful memory of his mom leaving with someone else despite his cries, but she still continues to do nothing at all to clear up things or keep some distance between herself and the minister to make sure there are no misunderstandings. That gives off a guilty feeling despite knowing in my gut that she probably isn't cheating. 

Annette:

I think so too, while she feels a little uncomfortable I don't think she can be blamed completely for accepting the little attention the vice minister was showing her considering how she gets nigh nothing from her husband as we can infer from how she reacted to just him putting the food from the boxes into the cutlery for her ot eat, and how happy she was just see him show her a little bit of affection, only for him to text her and say, "even our kid is grown up now so if you want to leave you can" like— no. That's not how that's done. So ultimately it was the lack of communication between Hye Suk and her husband that led to all these misunderstandings

no situation will absolve her if she is accepting the attention willingly.  It doesn't matter even if the husband is literally spitting in her face everyday before she wakes up.  Spouses shouldn't cheat.  It should never be a tit for tat thing

I kind of  believe this theory but if my husband makes enough money already since he is a surgeon right? I would just retire why would I want to work with someone who is harassing me constantly .  I think it might be nothing and he just touchy for no reason . But then you never know it is a k-drama after all .  If i saw my wife with her boss being that touchy especially in public in front of my house I would walk up to them  as well I wish he would have done it .

@

bloonom:

I kind of  believe this theory but if my husband makes enough money already since he is a surgeon right? I would just retire why would I want to work with someone who is harassing me constantly .  I think it might be nothing and he just touchy for no reason . But then you never know it is a k-drama after all .  If i saw my wife with her boss being that touchy especially in public in front of my house I would walk up to them  as well I wish he would have done it .

Nah the father is professor in emergency medicine, that's why he is always busy because they need him on stand by all the time

I don't think she cheated. My theory is, 

1. The couple used to have disputes in the past regarding giving less time to their kid especially the mother due to job outside the country(as the father was present at least on graduation) and the ML as a kid might have heard them talk as a kid where he might have heard something disturbing for a kid ( like, "I didn't even wanted him ") ; and thus came the bad memory ( if you know from which c-drama this theory is inspired then don't hesitate you're right)
  2. If you remember episode 2 or 3's breakfast scene of ML family he said " you usually don't stay here " or something like that. Which though might have looked to his mom as him having problem from her or him not being happy of her staying but we know as the viewer that ML was expressing bitterness regarding how she's not usually with the family at home.
  3. As for the divorce message, I think ML mom and dad might have made some kind of agreement regarding , that they'll remain married until ML becomes adult or settles down , and the reason for that being-----
  4. Either her career or ML father may have seen ML mom and vice minister talking friendly and might have misunderstood and thus under the pretext of giving reason that for her career they'll divorce but only after ML becomes …..
  5. Finally that coughing up while drinking water on affair being mentioned, either the ML father accused the mother of affair(which I hardly believe) and ML listened ( became bad  memory) and then came divorce talks with agreement. OR this being K-drama, ML father might have thought" damn she looks happy with that guy let's make a false story of me cheating on her and in that pretext divorce her for "her" happiness. and then came agreement of divorce. The father might have forgot about that but after seeing those two together, he might have thought, " F**k,  S**t, B**ch ,  thought I had a chance, let's follow the agreement ." and thus "AFFAIR" word became something for her to cough up her water. Oh, and bad memory was not part of the sacrifice reason , bad memory might have come through  theory 1 in the sacrifice case