Thank goodness for ZWY and YZ who have allowed me to continue watching despite the choppy plot and disappointing changes. I really hope to see them work together again in the near future - their chemistry and acting range is too good to not be utilized again!

Zhang Wanyi Weibo update
"It doesn't matter if you don't want to be a "good brother"! ?? 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5057201489580847

or

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9mCOtlSzDJ/

That is amazing fan art. 

Katelyn Arshi:

Zhang Wanyi Weibo update
"It doesn't matter if you don't want to be a "good brother"! ?? 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5057201489580847

or

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9mCOtlSzDJ/

That scene on the chair was so intense. The whole scene really, from starting on the railing, the chair, and back to the railing, was so well acted. I could feel the distance between CX and XY, because he is marrying A'Nian. The ship is listing to one side ? ?

A'Nian impressed me with how she matured and looked at her wedding, but I found her sudden ability to lead an army a bit unreal.  She has never shown any ability to fight with a sword. It would be awesome to pick up as quickly as she did! 

Blackrabbit63:

That scene on the chair was so intense. The whole scene really, from starting on the railing, the chair, and back to the railing, was so well acted. I could feel the distance between CX and XY, because he is marrying A'Nian. The ship is listing to one side ? ?

A'Nian impressed me with how she matured and looked at her wedding, but I found her sudden ability to lead an army a bit unreal.  She has never shown any ability to fight with a sword. It would be awesome to pick up as quickly as she did! 

Yeah! That scene was done so well. I saw the BTS for that part and originally I think he was supposed to corner her to a wall or post but it would’ve been an awkward angle so the actors suggested the chair. ZWY’s expressions there were GOLD - the torment and heartbreak with XY not understanding his heart and true intentions. He didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Agree with your point on AN - she reminded me of Mulan (loyal to her father, ppl) and courageous. But not realistic in terms of taking action in battle. I can see her as showing her presence to support the morale of the army but not physically fighting herself - she has no experience in military tactics and combat. But I appreciate the growth on her part

Sssnoopyyy:
Yeah! That scene was done so well. I saw the BTS for that part and originally I think he was supposed to corner her to a wall or post but it would’ve been an awkward angle so the actors suggested the chair. ZWY’s expressions there were GOLD - the torment and heartbreak with XY not understanding his heart and true intentions. He didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Agree with your point on AN - she reminded me of Mulan (loyal to her father, ppl) and courageous. But not realistic in terms of taking action in battle. I can see her as showing her presence to support the morale of the army but not physically fighting herself - she has no experience in military tactics and combat. But I appreciate the growth on her part

Oh, the chair scene! ZWY's expressions were amazing, every emotion carved on his face and in his eyes, away from XY's view. How desperately he wants to tell her, and can't.  He conveys that torture so well. 

Exactly, with A'Nian. If she had showed her presence near the battlefield, that would have been enough. lol to her being compared to Mulan, that's a good point.  She did mature and become wise to what was expected of her as the only princess, too, of Haoling, now. I'm curious how she will semi-rule Haoling as Queen? being left as caretaker kind of, there?  she's more interesting now too that she is no longer spoiled. 

UGHHH OK skimmed through YaoXuan scenes andddd

Ofc I know we were all  (or should say not) prepared for the climax to be an illusion per the script. That was already one thing that really bugged me, but to have the confession scene play out like that too? Him choosing the throne over XY? I don’t know why they had to include those lines, to prove CX cares about that most? Even though it was already emphasized he was not a power hungry person and the reason he chose it was to protect all he had left? I mean yes, he technically chose the throne over XY, but he didn’t really have much of a choice as a kid . It was the only way he and XY could be safe, it was his destiny. I feel like that just diminished the impact of him giving her the flower and contradicted everything that was shown from S1 til now. Am I the only one unhappy about this???

And the way the Xinyue issue was handled, very weak. I cannot imagine any Emperor saying “I do not dare”. And him not doing anything to Xinyue and not allowing XY to touch her just made it seem like he cared about power more than XY again.

Ughhhh sorry I have to rant LOL not looking forward to watching everything in full. Although, the acting was top notch - YZ and ZWY carried that messy script

Note: I have NOT started Season 2 as I wanted to wait for the whole series to be completed before starting. I have been visiting this thread regularly, to get into a space where there is a Cang Xuan community (you are all simply amazing!), preparing my heart to watch what sounds like a showcase of Zhang Wanyi's talent and his chemistry with Yang Zi. This is a video from a video editor/ creator whose work is stunning, to remind me as I start Season 2 soon, how this bond between Cang Xuan and Xiao Yao began. I have to say I credit the young actors in Season 1, Episode 1, for their spectacular job pulling me in to cheer for this Gege and Meimei pair.  No matter what insanity I see Cang Xuan descend into in Season 2, I will remember this beautiful montage of where he meant to go and what might have been:

Lost You Forever FMV - Cang Xuan & Xiao Yao (we go down together)

I'm grieving from the leaks (haven't muster the courage to watch XL death yet),  but I also grieving the dilution of YaoLiu, YaoXuan and CX character arc. WTF...

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

( TДT)

plor20:

I'm grieving from the leaks (haven't muster the courage to watch XL death yet),  but I also grieving the dilution of YaoLiu, YaoXuan and CX character arc. WTF...

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

( TДT)

I haven't even watched the eps in full yet but I am grieving already. I cannot handle thissssssssssss

Cang Xuan dark mode

"You are worthy of it" | Zhang Wanyi×玱玹| Dark
Since you said it was me, then it must be me.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5058904030187903

ZWY Studio update 07.22.2024:
"Is it wrong for me to like you? Is it wrong for me to want to marry you? Is it wrong for me to want to stay with you forever?!"

"If we can't live together, then we'll be buried together in death!"

Today's update, wait for "Crazy" to come
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5058972635890340

Katelyn Arshi:

ZWY Studio update 07.22.2024:
"Is it wrong for me to like you? Is it wrong for me to want to marry you? Is it wrong for me to want to stay with you forever?!"

"If we can't live together, then we'll be buried together in death!"

Today's update, wait for "Crazy" to come
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5058972635890340 

Ah Katelyn keep the posts coming! I need to soothe my YaoXuan heart after watching all that madness