Sunbath12:

Yeah, I think Jing really comes to life on screen, which is a daunting task for a new actor with all the other interesting male leads in the story.

Hope for a a great conclusion in S2!

yessss true! and hope it'll be... 

The day before the YLF Season 2 was started, some KOLs on Weibo interviewed Deng Wei (Tushan Jing). His answers were very impressive. No wonder everyone said that Deng Wei understood the role of Tushan Jing well. He just loves this character so much.

(Attaching the Q&As below)

I love this one the most. It was a very philosophical and thought-provoking answer:

Q: For Jing in this season, which is harder, "loving others" or "loving yourself"?
A: I think loving yourself is the prerequisite for learning to love others, and loving others is to restrain the instinct to love yourself.

Fiona_YOLO:
Q: For Jing in this season, which is harder, "loving others" or "loving yourself"?
A: I think loving yourself is the prerequisite for learning to love others, and loving others is to restrain the instinct to love yourself.

Interesting. I've always felt that Jing's development as a character in LYF is to learn to love himself - to accept all of himself and not feel the need to denigrate himself all the time. At the same time along his journey, he learns also to love others (namely Xiaoyao) without the fear of losing them or the feeling of insecurity (the contrast between the 15 year promise he has XY make in the earlier part of the story compared to ep 6 of S2 when he essentially accepts letting XY decide her fate).

I do love how Tonghua has learnt from the past 10 years of feedback and comments and she addressed and 'fixed' those glaring issues in the drama.

This is really a beautiful message to everyone!

Q: The second season of "Lost You Forever" is about to start airing, and netizens are saying that their white moonlight Tushan jing is coming back. How do you feel when you see that the character you play is so popular? In addition, in your opinion, what are the reasons why Tu Shanjing is so popular? 

A: Of course, I am very happy!!! [Hehe] I am very grateful for everyone's affirmation of me, which is a kind of encouragement. I think the most popular part is the characteristics of Tushan Jing. In addition to the ”hardware strengths“ as the richest man in the Great Wilderness world, he also has "software strengths" - he is gentle, firm, loyal, kind, tolerant and sweet.

Sunbath12:

Interesting. I've always felt that Jing's development as a character in LYF is to learn to love himself - to accept all of himself and not feel the need to denigrate himself all the time. At the same time along his journey, he learns also to love others (namely Xiaoyao) without the fear of losing them or the feeling of insecurity (the contrast between the 15 year promise he has XY make in the earlier part of the story compared to ep 6 of S2 when he essentially accepts letting XY decide her fate).

The part in ep 6 is exactly a perfect example to explain - ”Loving others is to restrain the instinct to love yourself“. Tushan Jing was a broken man at the beginning of the story. After being tortured by pain for so long, he almost gave up on himself and just wanted to find a place to die quietly. However, at such a moment, he still tried his best to love life and use his weak spiritual power to save a hibiscus flower that was about to wither. This was also the beginning of him and Xiao Yao. Later, he began to accept himself, which was proof that he started to love himself again. His letting XY decide her fate - he was also restraining his instinct to love himself. Because when we love someone, we often want to possess to make ourselves happy. But he behaves like, you don’t have to belong to me, as long as you are happy.

Just as what's indicated with this thread title. Tushan Jing's core is kindness. This has never been changed. 

----------------------------------

Q: In your opinion, are there any differences of Tushan Jing in S2 vs. S1? Any changes in his mentality? Has your own mentality changed?

A: Tushan Jing's spiritual core is very stable. I feel that his mentality has not changed much, but you can still see Tushan Jing's different states in different environments. My own mentality has changed from ”being reluctant“ to ”being even more reluctant“ (to say goodbye to Tushan Jing).

Q: Will Tushan Jing's nine tails really affect the splash when diving? 

A: But nine tails, furry, absorb water very well! 

Haha, his answer inspired me to rethink about this from another angle. Deng Wei has such an interesting soul! 

The question was about a very popular meme, which is originated from the video clip of him diving to pick crabapple flowers. A netizen joked that Tushan Jing's splash was too big when he dived, it's a pity that he would miss this year's Olympics. This comment received the highest likes and sparked heated discussions among netizens, and people all thought this was very creative and funny.

Attaching the memes here:

A: What are the words that neither Tushan Jing nor Ye Shiqi would be able to say, and what do you want to say for him?
B: Go and watch LYF Season 2. Tushan Jing can say it better than me.

I think this question could be a trap and difficult to answer. But Deng Wei gave a very clever answer and smartly avoided it. Great job!

Q: It has been a year since the first season of LYF. Now you will meet Tushan Jing again. What plot are you most looking forward to in the second season? What do you want to say to Tushan Jing after a year of separation?

A:(The plot I expected most): his reconciliation with XY.

This year, I still want to check on Jing and say: long time no see, how are you doing? 

These answers touched me a lot. Deng Wei loves Tushan Jing so much, and what he expects most is also what Tushan Jing wants the most. He regards him as a close friend and cares about whether he is doing well. I know that in the past year, Deng Wei and Tushan Jing have endured a lot of inexplicable malice, and some people have been taking pleasure in insulting and slandering them. But what makes me want to cry is that while Deng Wei endures malice for himself in this real world, he is also concerned about whether Tushan Jing is doing well. It's like a person who is also in the rain, worrying about whether Tushan Jing has an umbrella. Although Tushan Jing and Deng Wei are in different worlds, fortunately, they met each other. 

Q: During the filming, was there a moment when you felt sorry for Tushan Jing?
A: Many times. Sometimes it might not be because the script said that Tushan Jing should cry, but because I was in Tushan Jing's situation. I would unconsciously feel sorry for him and couldn't help crying.

----------

Deng Wei has a soft and kind heart just like Tushan Jing. As he mentioned in another interview,  strong empathy was the similarity between him and Tu Shanjing. He relies more on instinct when performing, immersively experiencing the character's joys and sorrows and responding, rather than stereotyped performance and thinking. This kind of performance is very harmful to the actor's body and mind, but the advantage is that it is easy to resonate with the audience and allow people to immerse themselves in the role.  I still remember a video clip of him in "Meeting the Dragon". After the director shouted "cut", he still couldn't stop crying. It was Deng Wei who was still crying after the CUT, not the character himself. 

Q: The second season is about to air. Did you design a new electronic signature for Tushan Jing, the little fox this time?

A: 邓为D (Weibo ID name) + little fox emoji 

This electronic signature is kind of a call-back to Season 1. Cannot believe that he still keeps the little fox emoji, which is no longer listed in the emoji pane of Weibo.  

This reminds me of the little fox painting he copied before:

and... Like Pet Like Owner

The vomiting-blood and crying  scene ┭┮﹏┭┮ 

Check out the behind-the-scenes video (https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:5054331620360236), he expressed his thoughts to the director, and then quickly got into the role: tried to control himself - eventually lost control and started vomiting blood - and after that, a tear fell... He got them all in one go. So brilliant. It's tragic yet beautiful. Sometimes I find it very interesting to watch Deng Wei's performance over and over again, especially observing his handling of details, such as the acting with his eyes, expressions, body movements and so on.

Lirong Chang - Tu Shanjing's fanboy, a strong assist who tries so hard to bring Yao Jing together, taking the words right out of the audience‘s mouth and being the safeguard of YJ love.

Then let's take a look at the 狐朋狗友 couple (friendship between the fox and dog), so funny. LOL

Lirong Chang: Stop being so crazy for love!!

Tushan Jing: You don't know how good she is...