Kokuto:

I don't know where it came from, but the rest of the Who Should I Marry, FFB?  scene is on twitter.  It's like you guys posted!

https://x.com/DellaNopyta/status/1808712403175289125

Wow - not sure where this was obtained, but certainly it is the entire scene that we posted earlier. Thank you for sharing!

liddi:

Wow - not sure where this was obtained, but certainly it is the entire scene that we posted earlier. Thank you for sharing!

I didn't see it on weibo, either.  But I'm happy to watch more of them ... even if they are walking away from each other.  sob

Kokuto:

I didn't see it on weibo, either.  But I'm happy to watch more of them ... even if they are walking away from each other.  sob

This is the translated version to drive the pain further :

https://x.com/tlmssusu/status/1808766469242827182

There is a Chi Chen song after all, sung by TJC!

Title                  : 桃花血 Peach Blossom Blood
Singer              : Tan Jianci
Composer     : Dong Dongdong
Lyrics                : Tong Hua
Release date: 9 Jul 2024

I love how the title of the song is tied to Once Promised (A Life Time Love)'s ending song 桃花诺 Peach Blossom Promise by G.E.M., which makes sense since the lyrics would be the love song Chi Chen sang for A Heng.

Can't wait to hear it!

liddi:

There is a Chi Chen song after all, sung by TJC!

Title                  : 桃花血 Peach Blossom Blood
Singer              : Tan Jianci
Composer     : Dong Dongdong
Lyrics                : Tong Hua
Release date: 9 Jul 2024

I love how the title of the song is tied to Once Promised (A Life Time Love)'s ending song 桃花诺 Peach Blossom Promise by G.E.M., which makes sense since the lyrics would be the love song Chi Chen sang for A Heng.

Can't wait to hear it!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

And they won't make us wait long.

liddi:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

No, Xiao Yao.  If you insist on a relationship going all your way, you aren't going to get anything better, and will end up with Jing.

"Can't stand against my brother," indeed.

WHY???  Why are we tortured so???

liddi:

In that case, her action of sending the globe  plus how it was prepared is just a joke, simple farewell souvenir. And XL heard what she said he was not someone who accompany her after all. LOL

Don't blame him to do his own way to rob her from the wedding and why he killed FFB

I started to feel frustrated that she got what she wanted by the end of the drama

Kokuto:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

No, Xiao Yao.  If you insist on a relationship going all your way, you aren't going to get anything better, and will end up with Jing.

"Can't stand against my brother," indeed.

WHY???  Why are we tortured so???

Assuming they did not change the script, the line she said should be this, which means she also lumped married men in the same basket as enemies of her brother:

XY: Whom should I marry if not Feng Long?

Fangfeng Bei raised his eyebrows, a playful look on his face.

FFB: You ask me, whom should I ask?
XY (angrily): In any case, no matter whom I marry, that person must not be married, nor an enemy of my brother.

Fangfeng Bei continued to grin, showing no signs of joy or anger.

-- S2 leaked script Ep3 (S02E11) scene 1  

Either way, this is different from the novel:

Xiao Yao furrowed her brows and sullenly said, “There are a lot of good men left in the Great Wilderness!”

“There are many good men, but I fear there are only a few who will put you in their hearts.”

“What do you mean? So I shouldn’t marry Feng Long?”

“I don’t mean anything by it. You asked, so I just gave you my honest opinion.”

“Xiang Liu, I honestly can’t tell what your heart is really thinking.”

“You and I are passers-by in the mortal realm. Whenever we meet, we are merely each other’s companions to seek out pleasure! Why should you care what I think deep inside?”

Xiao Yao laughed in self-deprecation, “Yes, I am overthinking it! No matter what you are pondering in your heart, it has nothing to do with me anyway!”

Xiang Liu gazed at the end of the long dark street and said nothing.

-- Vol 2 Ch12  (Chapter 29)

H19279:

In that case, her action of sending the globe  plus how it was prepared is just a joke, simple farewell souvenir. And XL heard what she said he was not someone who accompany her after all. LOL

Don't blame him to do his own way to rob her from the wedding and why he killed FFB

I started to feel frustrated that she got what she wanted by the end of the drama

Noooooo!  I'm being stabbed in the heart so many times.  It is totally the heights of happiness and the agony of defeat around here.  Now I have to think on this crystal globe thing again, and worry about it in the drama.

I've always thought XL had his reasons for how he did the wedding robbery.  It can't all be on XY's terms, cause she really isn't committing.

liddi:
Assuming they did not change the script, the line she said should be this, which means she also lumped married men in the same basket as enemies of her brother:

XY: Whom should I marry if not Feng Long?

XY (angrily): In any case, no matter whom I marry, that person must not be married, nor an enemy of my brother.

Okay, that makes me feel a little better.  I don't get the feeling that Tan Jian Ci's FFB is treating this as playfully as the script.  Also, watching the video again, I'm pretty sure it's been cut, like you can see it stop and then pick up again, so those lines may be there.

liddi:
“Xiang Liu, I honestly can’t tell what your heart is really thinking.”

“You and I are passers-by in the mortal realm. Whenever we meet, we are merely each other’s companions to seek out pleasure! Why should you care what I think deep inside?”

Xiao Yao laughed in self-deprecation, “Yes, I am overthinking it! No matter what you are pondering in your heart, it has nothing to do with me anyway!”

Xiang Liu gazed at the end of the long dark street and said nothing.

I'm not sure I like this better ... especially the end.  It is making me tear up and pout again.

liddi:
XY (angrily): In any case, no matter whom I marry, that person must not be married, nor an enemy of my brother.

Hi Liddi,

So what did she exactly say in the clip?.

Lately I got awareness that many channels use google translation for the english sub. Of course, google translation can provide decent work and can supply the overal idea of the lines. But sometime its translation also gives  inaccurate result.

liddi:
Now you mention it, I (I mean my daughter!) really needs a FFB plushie too - the assassin outfit sounds awesome! You think it would come with black hair extensions this time?

There is an unofficial FFB that looks really decent if you, I mean your daughter would like one :-). I have him in my cart for a month now just waiting to see if they'll release an official version. 

Unfortunately, I don't think they will because they just released him as part of the mini dolls collection for the characters.  I'm happy but peeved at the same time. I'm peeved because all the other characters have their regular mini doll except for XL (his is FFB) and I want a mini XL because the regular one is hard to take on outings with me. *I can hear the judgement :-)*

But look at how cute mini FFB is!! A mini XL would have been totally adorable.

And they have mini Chubby too

liddi:
LOL! Now that you mention it, it does sound that way except A Nian is no way as cunning, nor do I feel that she would kill herself (or will herself to die) if Cang Xuan died.

A negative remark against the fox! Or is it?

The whole dying thing will never not be a mark against him.

H19279:

I don't quite see it that way. In the gambling den, she asked him point blank if he would still continue his path if he could do it all over again, which he said he would, because if he didn't, he might not have met a certain person (whom she thought he meant Hong Jiang). She continued to ask him pointed questions (did he have nothing he wanted to say to her, whom she should marry), even in the face of knowing he and his comrades faced certain death, but time and again, he deflected her questions, indicating clearly to her that they were not of the same world. In view of that, her decision to wear a wedding dress, send the crystal globe and wait for 7 days by the ocean, speaks volumes - in spite of being rebuffed over and over.

XY: What's there to be afraid of? Name it.
FFB: Higher number wins. The loser must answer a question truthfully.
XY (indifferently): Alright. Let's gamble!

Xiao Yao and Fangfeng Bei took up the dice cup and waved it. Fangfeng Bei obtained 6,6,5 while Xiao Yao first got 2 6s and a still spinning 3rd dice, which ended up on a 4. Xiao Yao's face changed amid the boos from the gamblers present.

FFB (unrestrained smile): Who... do you like?

Xiao Yao was stunned.
Tushan Jing anxiously stared at the Xiao Yao in the water mirror, hope in his eyes.
Xiao Yao felt that Fangfeng Bei was deliberately embarrassing her, and glared at him,

XY: What kind of rubbish question is that? Change to another one.
FFB: I will ask what I want to ask. All you need to do is answer. If you don't, that means you lose.
XY (sly smile): Fine I'll answer! The one I like is... the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.

The hope in Tushan Jing's eyes faded, and his eyes dimmed.
Fangfeng Bei stared at Xiao Yao.

FFB: Who do you wish to spend your lifetime with?

Xiao Yao avoided Fangfeng Bei's eyes and picked up the dice.

XY: That is the next question. You can ask it after you win.

Xiao Yao and Fangfeng Bei rolled the dice once more. This time there were no mishaps and Xiao Yao won this round.
Xiao Yao looked at Fangfeng Bei.

XY: If given the chance, would you still choose this path?
FFB (silent momentarily): I will!
XY: Why?

Fangfeng Bei quietly stared at Xiao Yao. Just when Xiao Yao thought he would refuse to answer, he laughed.

FFB: Because on this path, I met a very important person. If I had chosen another path, I might have never met her.

Xiao Yao did not understand that the person he referred to was a "she" 她, not "he" 他  (both are pronounced the same  - tā )

XY: You are really loyal to your foster father!

Xiao Yao lost interest and got up to leave without even taking her winnings.

XY: I don't want to bet anymore. It's meaningless.

After leaving instructions with the dog-masked guards, Fangfeng Bei got up and left.

FFB: Charge the lady's winnings to my account.

Fangfeng Bei and Xiao Yao walked together on the street after leaving the gambling den.

FFB: Why did you come all by yourself to such a place to gamble? Where is that proud future husband of yours?

Xiao Yao stopped in her tracks and looked at Fangfeng Bei

XY: You know that I am already engaged?
FFB: It would be difficult not to know of Chishui clan leader and Gao Xin princess' engagement even if one doesn't wish to! Oh, I forgot to offer my congratulations. (insincerely) Congratulations!
XY: Is there nothing else you wish to say to me apart from congratulations?
FFB: What do you wish to hear?

They looked at each other, their gazes probing, but neither would take the first step. Xiao Yao averted her eyes in disappointment, then shook her head and laughed.

XY: I have two things to discuss with you.
FFB: Say it.
XY: The first is making poisons for you. I can still do it now, but... I won't do it anymore after I am married.

Fangfeng Bei's smile froze, then continued to smile.

FFB: And the second?
XY: I wish to remove the poisonous bug linking us.The bug kept causing you trouble and you were very annoyed by it the last time. How about... we make a trip to Bai Li to remove the bug when you are free.

Fangfeng Bei stared at Xiao Yao, and there was a hint of coldness in his smile.

FFB (coolly): Fine, when I am free.
XY (forced laugh): I will keep sending the poisons once every three months. I'll be off now.

Just as Xiao Yao was about to leave, Fangfeng Bei subconsciously reached out and grasped her arm out of the sudden. Xiao Yao did not look back, nor pulled out of his grasp. Only her body was tense as she quietly waited.
Fangfeng Bei was silent for a moment.

FFB: Have dinner with me.

Disappointed yet relieved, Xiao Yao laughed and shook her head, then broke free from Fangfeng Bei's grasp.

XY: I have no time!
FFB (calmly): You had best not reject what a certain person has decided.
XY: You are Fangfeng Bei right now!
FFB (coldly): Who were you saying all those words to earlier?

Xiao Yao took a deep breath and controlled her temper.

XY: Fine, General Xiang Liu!

At the Lirong old man's eatery

:
LM (sorrowfully) Recently, two more comrades passed away. Those old friends who followed Chi... followed the Great General have almost all died out.
FFB (detachedly): Everyone will die. It's just a matter of time.
LM (sighs): You are right. Who knows when it will be our turn.

Xiao Yao put down her chopsticks and stared at Fangfeng Bei in stunned silence.

[What follows is similar to the novel, where Lirong Chang came in to the restaurant with Jing, then kept putting down Fangfeng Bei and extoling the virtues of Xiao Yao forgiving and accepting Jing. Jing was hurt when he saw Xiao Yao defending Fangfeng Bei against Lirong Chang's insults.
The song the old man started singing when he realised that Xiao Yao was Chi Chen's daughter, is the one the Chenrong army sang during the funeral rites for their dead comrades in S1
At last Xiao Yao and Fangfeng Bei left the eatery amid Jing's stare.]

Xiao Yao and Fangfeng Bei walked together on the streets at dusk.

XY: Does Lirong Chang know your identity?
FFB: That one-armed old man is Lirong Chang's uncle. He was once a general under Chi Chen.
XY (stunned): He was in the Battle of Ji Province?
FFB (detachedly): He lost his arm at the Battle of Ji Province.
XY (momentarily silent): The Central Plains of today is not the same as it was in the past. You should be more careful.

Fangfeng Bei deliberately put on a mocking air.

FFB: Are you worried for my safety?
XY (coldly sneered): You are overthinking it. I was just reminding you in passing.

FFB: I think you had better worry about yourself more!
XY: What, what do I have to worry about? I... am doing just fine!
FFB (mocking): You are doing so well that you came all by yourself to the gambling den to gamble.

Xiao Yao had no retort, and Fangfeng Bei stopped his mockery.
They quietly continued walking. Xiao Yao had a dazed look in her eyes.

XY (softly): Bei, tell me... why is it so difficult to find someone to journey together with?
FFB: It is not difficult to find someone to journey with. Finding someone with the same aspirations and interests, with whom you can genuinely treat each other well, and make the journey more interesting - that is what is difficult.
XY: Can one really be unable to forget a person for the rest of one's life?
FFB: It depends on who the person is. (pauses) If the person you are referring to is Jing, I think it is possible.
XY: Are you saying that he cannot forget me, or I can't forget him?
FFB (laughed): It is up to your own interpretation.
XY (aggrieved): There are plenty of good men in the Great Wilderness!
FFB: There are many good men, but there are only a few who will put you in their hearts.
XY: What do you mean? Are you saying I shouldn't marry Feng Long?
FFB: I don't mean anything by it. You asked, so I just gave you my honest opinion.
XY: Whom should I marry if not Feng Long?

XY (angrily): In any case, no matter whom I marry, that person must not be married, nor an enemy of my brother.

At this moment, there were sounds of laughter as A Nian, Xin Yue etc appeared from a corner, lanterns in the hand, playing happily. A Nian saw Xiao Yao and waved the lantern in her hand.

AN (happily): Sister, quickly come over.

FFB (smiled and stopped walking): I can only see you off here. Ahead... is your world.

Xiao Yao looked at the happily playing noblewomen and stood there, not moving. Xin Yue ignored Fangfeng Bei and called Xiao Yao to join them.
Xiao Yao hesitated and looked back at Fangfeng Bei but he had already turned to leave. She looked at his departing figure in loss and sadness and opened her mouth, but ultimately did not call out.
A Nian ran over.

AN: Sister, what are you looking at? I called you several times but you ignored me.
XY (sadly): Nothing. Just a passerby who occasionally kept me company in this world. Ultimately he wasn't someone who can travel with me all the way after all.

Xiao Yao turned and left with A Nian.
Fangfeng Bei stopped walking and turned to see the direction in which Xiao Yao had left. In the distance, Xiao Yao, A Nian and Xin Yue's cheerful voices faded away, returning to the world they belong to.
A flash of desolation passed through Fangfeng Bei's eyes. It seemed as if his and Xiao Yao's worlds were now separated forever.

-- S2 leaked script Ep2-3 (S02E11 scenes 20-21, S02E12 scene 1)

liddi:
She continued to ask him pointed questions (did he have nothing he wanted to say to her, whom she should marry), even in the face of knowing he and his comrades faced certain death, but time and again, he deflected her questions, indicating clearly to her that they were not of the same world. In view of that, her decision to wear a wedding dress, send the crystal globe and wait for 7 days by the ocean, speaks volumes - in spite of being rebuffed over and over.

These two!!!  Send them to couples therapy!  Make them talk to each other!  Honestly!

This show is going to devastate me.

liddi:
Xiao Yao was stunned.
Tushan Jing anxiously stared at the Xiao Yao in the water mirror, hope in his eyes.
Xiao Yao felt that Fangfeng Bei was deliberately embarrassing her, and glared at him,

Totally NOT a stalker with his magic water scrying mirror. /sarcasm 

HeadInTheClouds:
There is an unofficial FFB that looks really decent if you, I mean your daughter would like one :-). I have him in my cart for a month now just waiting to see if they'll release an official version.

Unfortunately, I don't think they will because they just released him as part of the mini dolls collection for the characters. I'm happy but peeved at the same time. I'm peeved because all the other characters have their regular mini doll except for XL (his is FFB) and I want a mini XL because the regular one is hard to take on outings with me. *I can hear the judgement :-)*

But look at how cute mini FFB is!! A mini XL would have been totally adorable.

OMG.  Look how CUTE!  Especially next to full sized Xiang Liu!